What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Witt a Sea Eagle - Official

True EEL

Bench
lol.....yeah yeah alright Colonel, maybe i was overstaing the obvious ;-)

but for anyone that remembers (or knows about it) i would like to quote the "horse" out of the Ren and Stimpy show.....in regard to the going's on at Parramatta and the treatment of Witt and others......

"Mmmmmmm.......No sir, I don't lik it".................... :?

True EEL

Bench
well said Coach Sterling :clap: :clap: :clap:

and BS might have a short memory but i'm sure all the players that he has burned over his career don't and that list is simply growing by the minute....

why does the club think they should continue to put up with this from BS???

if it going to cost almost $1 million to pay him out - well bite the bullet and do it as far as i am concerend because i am so over his reign at Parra its not funny

Utey

Coach
I dont think so either but until next year I could be proven wrong or right. If we start losing the topic will come up that if we had Witt we would be winning but I dont think he has dominated enough in FG to say that.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I dont think so either but until next year I could be proven wrong or right. If we start losing the topic will come up that if we had Witt we would be winning but I dont think he has dominated enough in FG to say that.

don't worry about firstgrade!!

when's the last time you saw him dominate in premier league??

The Colonel

Immortal
eelavation said:

I can ask the same question about Marsh, Tim Smith and Thomas Leuluai too unfortunately.....

Two ways to look at this...

1) He never put his stamp on the first grade gig when he was there = IN HIS HANDS

2) When he was there the forwards on the field and coaching staff off the field didn't lay him a good enough platform to realise his full potential = OUT OF HIS HANDS

For mine, he never really took a game by the scruff of the neck and got the team into a winning position.

1eyedeel

Juniors
The simple fact is we weren't going to keep T. Smith and Witt. Assuming, the halves next year as has been indicated by B. Smith are 6. Morris and 7. Marsh then Premier League was going to be 6. M. Perenara, 7. Smith or Witt. We didn't even have room for the two of them in our top two grades.

Clearly the club had to decide whether it saw more of a future in Smith or Witt - because there's not room for the two of them - and neither are ready to take Parramatta to a premiership yet in first grade. I don't know who is going to wash up better - both have their admirers - but anyone who thought we'd be able to keep both of these young talents was kidding themselves.

And if we do get Leulaia we are getting the current NZ test incumbent.

All this said, it will be sad to see Witty go, I loved his passion.

1eyedeel

Juniors
The Colonel said:
eelavation said:

I can ask the same question about Marsh, Tim Smith and Thomas Leuluai too unfortunately.....

Colonel, you can't say that about Marsh. When he was running the show in Parramatt's premmies we were cutting up opposition rivals - I think at the time PJ was half and Casey McGure may have been five-eighth and we regularly put 50 points on other teams. Neither Witt or Smith have looked anywhere near as dominant as PJ did back then.

True EEL

Bench
and if so (about the halves) then where does that leave the curent NZ test half - Leulaui if signed???

just seems as if the club is overloading in the halves (all of a sudden) and don't have a clear plan about who is going to play in the halves???

typical i guess...

mickyj

Bench
When was the last time a parra half back toke a game by the scruff of the neck?

1986?

True EEL

Bench
exactly mickyj

and under the coaching style of Brian Smith....its also very hard for a halfback to take the game by the scruff of the neck....BS has shown that the halfback is very overrated and even unneccesary......although now we seem to be signing by the bucketload....go figure??

wittyz chick

Coach
This is crap letting Witty go :cry: . I'm not just saying that coz he's my favourite player...

He has gone and we are left with what???

Someone who hasnt played league for almost 2 yrs (I'm not bagging PJ just what if he isnt the same player)

and

Someone who hasnt even played 1sts before. 1sts is different to PL and what if Smith cant handle it what are we gonna do then

Witt will come and bite us in the ass like most of the former eels do. If PJand Smith dont perform you will all be saying how dumb BS was to release him :roll:

But I hope he does play well just not against us :cry:

The Colonel

Immortal
filthy_spammers said:
The Colonel said:
eelavation said:

Colonel, you can't say that about Marsh. When he was running the show in Parramatt's premmies we were cutting up opposition rivals - I think at the time PJ was half and Casey McGure may have been five-eighth and we regularly put 50 points on other teams. Neither Witt or Smith have looked anywhere near as dominant as PJ did back then.

Back then is the emphasis and mine - HE HASN'T played football in 18 months and premier league in five years. I love the guy but its a big weight on his shoulders....