What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Witt - The biggest idiot in the NRL

Alan Shore

First Grade
The only minor premiers to lose their first final :lol:

Also Smith has become a real whiny bitch this season, has he always been like that or has success gone to his head?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Did anyone laugh at Bellamys massive tirade during the game. I can't even remember what point it was but he just started swearing and ranting. It was after the storm gave away a penalty and Gould said, "Does Bellamy even like his job"

badav

Bench
It was one of the stupidest things i have ever seen. With your season on the line i can't understand why he would stand up and showboat around before putting the ball down.

As much as it was great to see Melbourne lose it would have been even better to see Witt lose the ball.

badav

Bench
Did anyone laugh at Bellamys massive tirade during the game. I can't even remember what point it was but he just started swearing and ranting. It was after the storm gave away a penalty and Gould said, "Does Bellamy even like his job"

One of the Storm players held down in the ruck for way too long and was penalised and for some reason (not sure what they expected) channel 9 switched over to his box and hes up and mouthing "thats f**king bullsh*t"

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I guess with Witt being the goal kicker and all, you could appreciate that he would want to give himself an easier kick. There's a lot of pressure on a goal kicker in the finals. And he would have known that the Storm could come back with a try before fulltime.

I'm just saying, it might have looked like showboating, but I'm sure it was calculated at the same time. He ends up scoring the winning try anyway, get the f**k over it, people.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Oh for fecks sake, mate grow up. It's a game and we won don't really care what he did it worked and that's all that matters. Don't be a stupid fan spoiling the spoils

bartman

Immortal
I don't support the storm and I was turning the TV off in a rage Bartman ;)

In retrospect the grubby storm losing is pretty funny, but at the time I was hardly celebrating with Witt.
Ah yes, only just realised! Should have said 14 teams... sorry Raiders fans.

wittyfan

Referee
It was one of the stupidest things i have ever seen. With your season on the line i can't understand why he would stand up and showboat around before putting the ball down.

As much as it was great to see Melbourne lose it would have been even better to see Witt lose the ball.

Complete and utter drivel.

DJShaksta

First Grade
I guess with Witt being the goal kicker and all, you could appreciate that he would want to give himself an easier kick. There's a lot of pressure on a goal kicker in the finals. And he would have known that the Storm could come back with a try before fulltime.

I'm just saying, it might have looked like showboating, but I'm sure it was calculated at the same time. He ends up scoring the winning try anyway, get the f**k over it, people.

Exactly NZ.
I think Witty was hoping the Storm players would be so shattered at being about to lose the game that they would forget to actually try to tackle him, then he could make a quick run infield and put the ball under the crossbar.
I've seen it done before.

bartman

Immortal
One of the Storm players held down in the ruck for way too long and was penalised and for some reason (not sure what they expected) channel 9 switched over to his box and hes up and mouthing "thats f**king bullsh*t"
I'd love to see Bellamy's heavily coached slow-down tactics and wrestles and techniques that they've gotten away with all season get put under the microscope more in the finals series... serves him right for not having faith in the REAL footy skills of his squad, and bringing the game into disrepute or boredom with all this winning the struggle on the ground crap.

Would love to see refs return to just counting "held... one... two... three..." and blowing the whistle on em if they are still touching the tackled player. Bellamy would blow up big time - but at last we'd be back to the type of footy that used to bring in the crowds and the interest of the casual fans, and keep them in.

JT_

Juniors
I actually LMAO'd it was that funny but of course a little cheeky and very risky.

An against the odds winning moment. Can't blame him but I'm sure the coach will put a word in his ear about the consequences of repeating it.

I`ve just watched the replay of the game, and there`s absolutely no rational explanation other than showboating.
He lifted the bloody ball above his head, FFS! Had no intention of getting closer to the sticks, and wasting 2 extra seconds is hardly worth it.

He did have some good plays in the game, made some decent kicks and well-timed passes, he also made some dumb plays, but this one should be enough to get him dropped from the team. If he wants to pose, he should pose after scoring the try. No wonder Price almost went at him afterwards, and I can guarantee Cleary is gonna give him plenty. Wouldn`t surprise me if this childish attitude was one reason why he`s been the mediocre player that he has.

Latest posts