What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mighty Panthers V Parramatta

DinkyDi

Juniors
You clearly stated that the vaccine is mandatory for frontline health workers and those that suggested otherwise were conspiracy theorists.

According to NSW health you are incorrect. Or are they conspiracy theorists as well?

****Edit

I see you have gone back and changed your post. Ha ha.
Ha, ha, I made an error. Well done. No, I am not a conspiracy theorist. Far from it.

ACTPanthers

Bench
tenor.gif

hindy111

Post Whore
I think the home game againgst the Eels is massive for us going into the back end of the season.

A win probably cements our position in the top two while a loss really opens up the top four spots.

I hope we come through SOO two unscathed and are at full strength.

The Eels probably haven’t been firing on all cylinders but at this stage of the season I don’t think you have to be.

I think they are a very good side at there best, and we will have to be at our best to beat them.

If Parra win I will bring back the debate " Best pack in Comp. "

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Covid 19 and it’s future mutations is with us for sometime to come whether we like it or not.

It is obvious, vaccinating the greater majority of our population is the critical component or our strategy around reducing the risk of death or serious illness from those who contract it.

Sadly, the virus will continue to exist and we, collectively, need to accept it in order to have a pro active exit strategy out of this mess.

As it stands, the way we are managing this on going issue, I can see us being no better off in 1-2 years time or even longer.

I totally agree. I was comming down for the game, meeting up with my kids. Now we will do a virtual meet up via zoom and whilet watching the footy. Not the same, but almost as good.

I'm in one of the high risk groups. I have severe arthritis, and if I got covid I probably wouldn't survive.

Overseas especially it has killed the young and the fit in all age groups. Here in Australia we have been quite fortunate.

A bit like polio and other highly infectious diseases the graveyards are filled with sceptics.

soc123_au

Staff member
I totally agree. I was comming down for the game, meeting up with my kids. Now we will do a virtual meet up via zoom and whilet watching the footy. Not the same, but almost as good.

I'm in one of the high risk groups. I have severe arthritis, and if I got covid I probably wouldn't survive.

Overseas especially it has killed the young and the fit in all age groups. Here in Australia we have been quite fortunate.

A bit like polio and other highly infectious diseases the graveyards are filled with sceptics.
Graveyards don't discriminate Alice. We are all headed there one way or another.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m not sure the Eels can beat the Storm but I’m not sure we can either.

Our game against the Eels is an important game for positions in the top four but I’m not sure it means all that much in terms of winning the big one.

What are we up to, Round 16/17, so much footy to be played I just don’t get the assumptions this is a two horse race.

Form, injuries, suspensions no one knows how the last six to eight rounds of the regular season will play out.

Just me but I will be more than happy with a win against the Eels and take each game as it comes.

hindy111

Post Whore
Shame this game will be ruined with no crowds.

I reckon Manly are the ones you should be worried about. Still heaps of good players to come back. It's a good side and Des has them firing. They attack from everywhere.
Sides like Eels are easy to put a game plan together for. They play a basic power game. But how do you plan for Manly who have Turbo,Schuster,DCE,Foran who all ball play. I reckon they can knock Storm and yourself off if the passes stick they'll score plenty.

hindy111

Post Whore
Parra won't be Storm or Panthers unless injuries or they have a shocker. But I'd rather play Penrith at home use then Storm down there.
For me the best 4 sides are Penrith,Storm,Souths,Manly.
Eels would be 5th for me. But with 10 games to go a lot can change. Sides maybe holding back a little. Manly are going full throttle.

It would only take Munster or H.Grs t to go down for Storm to come down to the level of Souths or Manly imo.

murraymob

First Grade
Sad to see with covid. Game will be played to a empty stadium .This is a massive money game for the club both at the ground and later at the club estimate loss in the 500k ball park
At least the ground will not have to be fumigated after those flea ridden eels supports attend the game
the key to beating the eels will be up the middle of the ground we get Yeo and capewell back we win .They power there first 3 hit ups with forwards up the middle the roll on from there sets up everything stop them there they struggle
Up the panthers

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
It really is disappointing, this most recent Covid outbreak, not just the fact our home game againgst the Eels impacted, just generally for all citizens of the state and country. We can only hope the 14 day lockdown is sufficient although one cannot help but think it may take more than a fortnight.

Hopefully, our players come through tonight unscathed so all are fit and able to take there place in our team against the Eels. Despite the fact it will be played to an empty stadium it is a massive game in the context of our season and our quest to secure a top two finish.

DinkyDi

Juniors
It really is disappointing, this most recent Covid outbreak, not just the fact our home game againgst the Eels impacted, just generally for all citizens of the state and country. We can only hope the 14 day lockdown is sufficient although one cannot help but think it may take more than a fortnight.

Hopefully, our players come through tonight unscathed so all are fit and able to take there place in our team against the Eels. Despite the fact it will be played to an empty stadium it is a massive game in the context of our season and our quest to secure a top two finish.
It would not surprise me if the lockdown is extended. 30 new cases were reported today.

Kilkenny

Coach
It would not surprise me if the lockdown is extended. 30 new cases were reported today.
I think your right.

Nor sure my mental health can cope with empty shelves in the toilet paper isle For the next month, it’s giving me the shits just thinking about it.

DinkyDi

Juniors
I think your right.

Nor sure my mental health can cope with empty shelves in the toilet paper isle For the next month, it’s giving me the shits just thinking about it.
I hope you've got plenty of loo paper then? Sorry I couldn't resist.

murraymob

First Grade
Shelves are empty at Coles, Winmalee.

Im thinking of sending Westy a personal message to see if he can look after me, happy to pay the postage.
I got plenty as I could see lock down was coming it was just a matter of when .Stocked up on everything over the last few shopping trips

Latest posts