What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mighty pennies v the tigpies

soc123_au

Staff member
Who's Janet?
latest

soc123_au

Staff member
TSP Purr Meter:

Laurie = Edwards
Nofo>> Staines
Doogie >> Crichton
Tommy= momo
The jet >> jenno
Mbye> Burto
Brooksy >>> Tyrone
Tamou<<< Leinu
Liddle < Kenny
Twal <JFH
Garner <<<< Kiks
Lucy>>>> sorro
Seyfarth> Eiso

Just personal preferences.

total purrs:

Smuglite: 15 purrs
Full smug: 9 purrs

I will work the bench out later.

I think you are seriously under rating our back 5. And Mbye is barely a first grader, let alone better than Burton.

MugaB

Coach
TSP Purr Meter:

Laurie = Edwards
Nofo>> Staines
Doogie >> Crichton
Tommy= momo
The jet >> jenno
Mbye> Burto
Brooksy >>> Tyrone
Tamou<<< Leinu
Liddle < Kenny
Twal <JFH
Garner <<<< Kiks
Lucy>>>> sorro
Seyfarth> Eiso

total purrs:

No need bench is all smug rookies
Sorry but talau =momo isnt right, momo definitely better, aswell as dumbiass douhei vs chricton

Also note that Burton will be halfback, Tyrone may plays 5/8th so you'll need to adjust your rating with Mbop and DSbrooks swaped.
Ivan usually plays silly buggers with naming the positions, then you'll see the bench completely different on game day,
My bet is Leniu or Eisenhuth aren't starting,
More likely Hopgood is lock

mxlegend99

Referee
Api no chance. Officially named 18th man and can't play for us.
How do Origin match payments work for 18th man?

Does he get a week off work and $30k to watch Origin from one of the best seats in the house? Or does he only get paid if activated?

mxlegend99

Referee
TSP Purr Meter:

Laurie = Edwards wrong
Nofo>> Staines wrong
Doogie >> Crichton wrong
Tommy= momo right
The jet >> jenno maybe
Mbye> Burto bahahahaha oh god wrong
Brooksy >>> Tyrone wrong brooksy is the worst half in the nrl
Tamou<<< Leinu right
Liddle < Kenny right
Twal <JFH right
Garner <<<< Kiks right
Lucy>>>> sorro right
Seyfarth> Eiso right

total purrs:

Just some corrections for you. Thank you for pointing out how shit your line-up is.

So if you lose and then have to relocate to Perth will you change from Silverdale Phantom to Perth phantom

I will do an avatar punishment for a week with a picture of Janey at the paceway.

Ps: Lucy has broken out of the nrl jail and cleared his name. It was the bunker officials all along.

I knew he was innocent!

No longer a fugitive from justice!

Original Name

Juniors
Bench looks very thin. This game may well come down to goal kicking- and our lack of it with Cleary out.

What a time for Leota to have a brain snap - in the last few minutes of a game we were 30-0 up in.

Also Naden not being in the 17 - for those who had doubts - it is now clearly obvious he is completely out of favour. It is a huge shame as his form from last year would have been handy for us now.
I don't know if you watch reserve grade but Hop'good is a starting first grade standard forward at the minimum. It's no coincidence our reggies team fell apart without him. He isn't a prospect. He's ready now and he'll prove it whenever he plays. If you ever go a reggies game live you'll see him doing most of the most talking in the middle and be the one ampying the boys up.

Last edited:

Original Name

Juniors
Enthusiasm will be high from the debutants. That will rub off on the other players. Just need a good 15-20 minute stint from a couple of them. Hold the fort.
Rennings very happy to be playing firsts again.
I've seen some people say how much of a great guy Linday Smith. Enthusiasm will also be high of the boys who have that high of an opinion of (for example) who Smith is a person and are stoked for his debut because they think he's a legend of a bloke. The same is true for when Sorenson debuted (in his first game for us). People underestimate the effects these connection between players have on the boys. Fans just look at talent. It's our strength working for each other not because it's their job but because they like being around each other, more so than talent. We have to sign people who fit in around that, it's our identify. We don't have 6 guys who could make a world 17 team like the Roosters did when they won back to back.

We've got Cleary and Fish who could do it and most of the rest are very good but not the very best in their position like premiership teams of the past who had about 6 players who are outright best in their position.

Last edited:

Whino

Bench
I don't think it runs out like that. If you start Hopgood and bench Eisenhuth or Leinu then you add a bit to the bench.

Leota and Api atleast back next week and the side looks even better

Salmon has played FG before. As for Naden he has been terrible all year

I think the 17 changes on game day.
I wouldn't be surprised if Salmon starts at HB with May to lock and either Eisenhuth or Leniu back to bench.
When Fish needs a breather ideally we need a fresh, or at least not tiring Eisenhuth or Leniu holding the advantage.

franklin2323

Immortal
I wouldn't be surprised if Salmon starts at HB with May to lock and either Eisenhuth or Leniu back to bench.
When Fish needs a breather ideally we need a fresh, or at least not tiring Eisenhuth or Leniu holding the advantage.

Something like that is my thinking too. Even Hopgood is 1 game into his career if he starts lock then you have a bit more experience off the bench. Fish and the backrow you give longer stints too.

This week is the worst because of the debuts. Next week you have worst case only Leota and Api back but Smith and Tago have played FG. Sets us up nicely for the back end of the season

ACTPanthers

Bench
WTF? for, having an opinion? I pretty much said I expect this to be a close game and have us possibly losing due to the fact our goal kicking without Cleary is a weak point.
Mate, if you don't think the Panthers win by 30 or 40 every week, you're being negative... apparently.

This is not the place for opinions, only blind support of the club. Anything less will not be tolerated.

chrisD

Coach
Leota let us down here, it's a significantly stronger team this week with him in there, but he hit a bloke on the ground in the head after the game was won.

We'll still win, probably comfortably. Looking forward to it more than any game since the Raiders.

snickers007

Juniors

Yeah we really need some experience on the bench, and someone a bit more mobile than May defending on the edges. I'd be starting Hopgood at 13, Salmon at 7, with May and Eisenhuth on the bench.

The debutants don't even need to play big minutes. 25 from each will be plenty, as Fish can play 70 if pushed, and Eisenhuth could do 60. Kikau and Sorenson are both up to 80 at this stage of the season too.

Pomoz

Bench
This week is an incredible chapter in the history of the Panthers. To win 12 in a row and then have 7 players selected for SOO, is an amazing achievement.

Consider this.
  • In 2011 the Panthers had three players selected in SOO. Michael Jennings, Luke Lewis and Petero Civoniceva;
  • The spine consisted of Travis Burns, Luke Walsh, Lachlan Coote and Kevin Kingston. Only Coote debuted with the Panthers;
  • In 2011, at the end of the season after 24 games, the club finished twelfth with a total of 22 points and scored 430 points. In 2021 we have 24 points and 394 points AFTER 12 ROUNDS;
  • The squad consisted of 29 players. Of those, 13 debuted with the Panthers, or were a current junior;
  • Of the 29 players available only 8 of the Panther juniors played more than 5 games. Only 5 played more than 12 games;
  • in 2021, 25 of the 30 players made their debut at the Panthers, or are current juniors. The team averages 13 Panther juniors (debuted at Penrith) per game.
The numbers around juniors makes for incredible reading. The club has been rebuilt from the ground up, but now our success will bring with it some challenges.

And so we turn to this week's game, proud of our achievements thus far, but the game against the Tigers will be a massive test. To play an NRL side at full strength when you have eight starting first graders missing, is incredibly difficult. I will be happy if there are no injuries and we are competitive. To ask for more is unreasonable. To me, this game represents a new chapter in the Panther's history. The first time the "Development Club" is tested in the fires of SOO. The Roosters and the Storm have learned how to handle this, can the Panthers?

This will test the character of the Panthers and we will see if the new resilient dna runs through the lower grades as well. Bring it on, I am really looking forward to this game.