What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Milne to debut tonight

jed

First Grade
Craig Frawley and Ben Cross are out, David Milne and Jason Smith are in.

Congrats Milne, it's been a long time coming :D

Macko8

Juniors
excellant debut from milne tonight.....ale debuted last week....we could well see another debuting this week.....hopefully raston.

jed

First Grade
Neither Raston and Hinchcliff would look too much out of place in 1st grade IMO. After his last few games, I'd be happy to see Croker replace Kahler in the 2nd row, with Hinchcliff to lock.

Stuart

Juniors
jed said:
Neither Raston and Hinchcliff would look too much out of place in 1st grade IMO. After his last few games, I'd be happy to see Croker replace Kahler in the 2nd row, with Hinchcliff to lock.
I would be happy with that, Raston to take Williams place on the bench, i dont think Williams is fit enough yet..

Macko8

Juniors
yea true....williams needs to work a tad on his fitness...but he had a couple of good runs....raston i think should of made his FG debut already.

lukethejedi

Juniors
living in melbourne and not having cable i cant watch the games. looking at the stats kahler performed well making 42 tackes which i thought was a fair effort. what did he do that was so wrong tonight that everyone is jumping all over him.

brenno

Juniors
lukethejedi said:
living in melbourne and not having cable i cant watch the games. looking at the stats kahler performed well making 42 tackes which i thought was a fair effort. what did he do that was so wrong tonight that everyone is jumping all over him.

Kahler has possibly the worst hands in the NRL for a foward. He spilled the pill again during several crucial times of the match. He also is constantly driven backwards in tackles (even tonight he was smashed a couple of times by Thurston of all people) and needs to put on some beef. Imo he is bench standard at best with those shocking hands.

albi

Juniors
Kahler is strong in defense, but needs more work on ball control. It will come.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Milne was solid, made one decent scoot to relieve pressure at a critical time.
Kahler is a workhorse but isn't big enough, we've already got one skinny forward in Thommo, don't need anymore.

Timbo

Staff member
Easy on Kahler brenno, catching the ball in that quagmire wouldn't have been easy at pace.

But he does need some work on it, not enough to have him axed tho IMO.

Macko8

Juniors
kahler is only going to get better.....his opening first few games of this season were bloddy excellant..it was however his first game bak to FG last nite though..beef him up a bit though true dat.all in all effective forward....i wouldnt call thommo skinny.....these two blokes(kahler,thommo) have by far been the key forwards of the first few rounds.

Macko8

Juniors
kahler is only going to get better.....his opening first few games of this season were bloddy excellant..it was however his first game bak to FG last nite though..beef him up a bit though true dat.all in all an effective forward....i wouldnt call thommo skinny.....these two blokes(kahler,thommo) have by far been the key forwards of the first few rounds....i mean christ there getting the job done arn't they.

thickos

First Grade
Broke a fingernail or something?

Deadset a waste of money at this stage, 4 games out of him and one lone try... hopefully he gets a decent run at some stage!

Macko8

Juniors
thickos said:
Broke a fingernail or something?

Deadset a waste of money at this stage, 4 games out of him and one lone try... hopefully he gets a decent run at some stage!

yeah if he does get a decent run combined with a decent game plan to attack he will be an asset at the raiders....but nah no where near a waste of cash.

Macko8

Juniors
legend said:
Frawley sucks. Dud signing of the year.

i can only laugh at that, give tha bloke a break, his been out injured most rounds to start the season...his just got to get some form back. like to see how you'd shape up if you had the majority of the season out injured.

Raider_69

Post Whore
dunno about legend but i think i could cope with being paided 220k a year to sit on my arse and pull out of a match if i so much as get abit of a sniffles

jed

First Grade
legend said:
Frawley sucks. Dud signing of the year.

Dead right there, but on balance we've gotten much better value out of Jason Smith and Matt Adamson than I think any of us could have ever imagined. Even still though, each player on the team should pull their own weight, rather than weighing up the overall value of our recruits.

legend

Coach
Frawley has given us nothing and I find it hard to be sympathetic to a player who is constatnly ruled out for what look to be the most trivial injuries. Brittle is an understatement and either the player doesn't prepare properly for every match, is a bit too precious or extremely unlucky.

His career at the Broncos was exactly the same which is why they let him walk.

Latest posts