What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini>>>>>>>>>>>Dugan

fred95

Juniors
Not the only thing he flogs regularly either.

We all saw Dugan's missed tackles and dropped balls in Origin. Morris was the scapegoat for Duggan hanging off Yow Yeh when any other fullback would have joined in to make it a gang tackle.

Dugan is sh*t and you know it![/QUOT Morris inexplicably stood aside allowing Yow Yeh clear passage to the try line, its the wingers job to defend the corners and Morris did'nt attempt to stop the try scorer, fullbacks can't defend the full lengths of the tryline Morris deserved to be sacked.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Not the only thing he flogs regularly either.

We all saw Dugan's missed tackles and dropped balls in Origin. Morris was the scapegoat for Duggan hanging off Yow Yeh when any other fullback would have joined in to make it a gang tackle.

Dugan is sh*t and you know it!

Bwahahahahaha!

I hope that's bait you're throwing out.

Otherwise you clearly have NFI and should stop humiliating yourself.

Loudstrat

Coach
So no one saw Dugan back off? Funny - Hayne gets more scrutiny cleaning his teeth.

SLater/Mini/Hayne/Snake/Coote/Bowen/Hohia/Wesser etc would have nailed him.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I don't think Mini has broken a tackle since his return from injury. He's a shadow of his former self and just because he returned to the NSW side in a victory and didn't make any glaring mistakes it doesn't suddenly make him awesome again.

jbl31649

Juniors
I swear that you replied to this thread only to flog your wounded horse Dugan. At 21 he has a long way to go to better than one of the best in the game - Slater (I hate myself to say that). For those that mention Brett Stewart as an option are fooling themselves. They guy is a V8 running on 5 cylinders.....maybe next year.

?
5 tries from 7 games, more like a V12 running on 8. Yes he is off, but it has to be either him or Mini for the pressure that will be on for a decider. Dugan will get better just needs to look to get involved more in attack, but that comes with experience.

Joker's Wild

Coach
So no one saw Dugan back off? Funny - Hayne gets more scrutiny cleaning his teeth.

SLater/Mini/Hayne/Snake/Coote/Bowen/Hohia/Wesser etc would have nailed him.

He backed off because he trusted his winger to do his job

Jeezus Loudy we know you hate Dugan but trying to pin that try on him is truly rediculous.

Loudstrat

Coach
:lol: Piss weak excuse. He would have been the only fullback not to go in and make sure. IN fact the only player. Everybody gang tackles these days unless they are covering another player.

Dragon2010

First Grade
:lol: Piss weak excuse. He would have been the only fullback not to go in and make sure. IN fact the only player. Everybody gang tackles these days unless they are covering another player.

Like Slater left the ball for Lewis to score his try and leave it to YowYeh? Yeah Dugan did his best and Morris had the chance to cover the ball without the need of a fullback. A fullback can not shift there ass all over the field and I know for certain if they line up again one day Dugan would not have second thoughts about trusting him.

Dugan was on his way and dud Morris ran past his mark simple as that.

Joker's Wild

Coach

Gang tackle? Mate, Morris should have done his job and grabbed the ball when he had the chance, even if it meant running it dead or being bundled into touch.

Yow Yeh should not of even had the opportunity to even get the ball.

That f**k up was all Morris

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I personally blame both players for the try. Communication should have been better.

In most situations its the fullback that makes the call, id say because Morris had his back to the chasers, it would have to have been Dugan's call to make.

Loudstrat

Coach
Touche! Dugan has upset no-one. It's not realy his fault that whenever someone from their long forgotten club displays anything resembling form, they sing his praises and defend his balls ups while attacking all others as though its a jihad!

Dugan should have tackled him. End of story. Your argument is like if a front rower misses a tackle on the hooker who then charges through, and Dugan decides not to tackle him because it was the front rowers job to make the tackle, and he didn't.

But I must :clap: you for making a weak-as-piss argument even weaker!

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
Like Slater left the ball for Lewis to score his try and leave it to YowYeh? Yeah Dugan did his best and Morris had the chance to cover the ball without the need of a fullback. A fullback can not shift there ass all over the field and I know for certain if they line up again one day Dugan would not have second thoughts about trusting him.

Dugan was on his way and dud Morris ran past his mark simple as that.

Dugan slowed up and hesitated. Watch this - especially at 0.12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVEcGvdj4AQ

RABK

Referee
I think Dugans game as a whole was severely overated.

Whilst i don't agree that the Yow Yeh try was primarily his fault, if he is such a class act where was the communication to ensure it didn't happen? Dugan, with his face to the oncoming Yow Yeh didn't even yelp. A class fullback would have countered Morris' hesitation by barking at him to take the ball.

He made 4 errors and stifled our left side attack quite a lot. He was involved in one good set play and that was his one highlight.

Minichiello showed that class and composure beats out hype anyday. He will and should retain his jersey.

It's a moot point anyway, Stewart will be NSW fb for years. Dugan will never get a look in again.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Dont get me wrong, Im not trying to say Dugan is the 2nd coming, nor am I saying he had a great game over all but to lay the blame of that try squarely at his feet is comical. Sure he could have screamed at Morris but Brett would have known that Yow Yeh was so close and should have had the presence of mind to take the safety 1st option and taken the ball when he had the chance, he is experienced enough to know this.