What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini>>>>>>>>>>>Dugan

adamkungl

Immortal
:lol: FFS comparing Dugan who had a very good debut to Hodges

He will be back Game 1 2012, eat a dick haters

That's sorta my point...Hodges, horrible debut, could have permanently scarred him, widely regarded as one of QLDs most dangerous players.

Dugan, solid debut...should be back.

HowHigh

Coach
Mini should be kept in the side for game 3, he deserves it after his solid performance lastnight.
Dugan got a taste of Origin at least, and I think he'll take over the #1 spot fulltime from next year (as long as he isn't injured lol)

El Diablo

Post Whore
Dugan cost us game 1 letting in 3 tries and bombing a certain NSW try

thank f**k he was injured

myth

Dragon2010

First Grade
Mini will see out the rest of the series. Ricky will groom Dugan for a big-step up next year.

Hayne to take over Morris on the wing..Never give that guy a jersey again.

Dugan/ Hayne would be a great combo for FB/Wing.

chrisD

Coach
It should be said, if Mini takes that half volley from Uate it's a certain try, and while it was a hard pick up, a SOO FB is probably entitled to grab it clean.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Mini for Origin 3 without a doubt.

Dugan will have to battle Hayne for the role next year. If Ricky's involved he's probably halfway there, but he still has to a) perform, and b) prove he can go more than 3 games without getting injured.

Loudstrat

Coach
Parra fans should grow up tbh....Dugan is a gun.
That said, keep Mini for game 3. Proved himself, has the match fitness and now the incumbency.

Parra fans, Please stop crying about Hayne yes he is a great player don't get me wrong I rate him as one of the best. But he is not the type of Fullback cut out for Origin. Period. There I said he has a individual play-style that does not work at this stage and at Parra he is an incredible player in an team with average-good players so he looks better. Dugan is a f**king gun at Canberra and he showed glimpses of brilliance in Game I this year in SOO with the amount of pressure QLD put on him knowing he was a fullback.

Mini showed glimpses of Brilliance with the way he ran the ball on the return and his play-the-ball last night but his speed was not there at least he tried. I can not fault him for covering him-self on the tackles he did just get over a massive back injury a few years ago and no doubt does not want to repeat. Mini is truly a inspiring story. Taken out of the game for years only to step-up in the Origin arena again first of all get a re-call and then the try that sealed the deal. He will be over the moon...and he truly deserved the shot. Good on ya Mini.

In the end though, for this series at least. Mini > Dugan for this simple fact it's a winning formula with Pearce and they both felt allot more comfortable.

No ones crying about anything apart from whinging Raiders fans - who incidently started the Dugan v Hayne thing in the first place!

Boganater

Juniors
Mini was better than Dugan 6-7 years ago, he is still a good player but will never be explosive like he was back then. Dugan is a better player now, not through a lack of talent /effort from Mini it's just that time and bad injuries have caught up with his body.

Yosh

Coach
Funny couple of years back Kidley and Hayne were fighting it out for the no.1 jersery. Mini comes back and he pwns it. Definately should be there game 3.

Raider_69

Post Whore
No ones crying about anything apart from whinging Raiders fans - who incidently started the Dugan v Hayne thing in the first place!

haha you've been crying ever since the dugan was voted into the all star game.. and the river of tears continued to flow after dugan outplayed hayne and won the SOO fullback's jersey... and guess what, game 1 next year, he'll be there again... deal with it

Raider_69

Post Whore
Mini will see out the rest of the series. Ricky will groom Dugan for a big-step up next year.

Hayne to take over Morris on the wing..Never give that guy a jersey again.

Dugan/ Hayne would be a great combo for FB/Wing.

Agreed
Hayne showed last night that he's a good winger at SOO level
he lacked involvement but the blues didnt go out to him all that often, he'll have to try and get himself more involved but his defense was good, his positioning was good, did some good work coming out of the 20

Dugan
Hayne
Jennings
Lawrence (should be hoppa jr :( )
Uate

there is your back 5 for nsw for game 1 next year

If Dugan can play 1 game before the team is selected, I think he should come straight back in. If not, Mini's a good jersey warmer.

RHCP

Bench
Absolute champion, he will rightfully be retained for Game 3.

Hayne has a Blues jersey, Dugan doesn't.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Dugan didnt get one because of injury
hayne got one because of injury

but yes, point taken... I guess Jennings doesnt have an origin jersey right now either, he sucks arse :?

Matt23

Staff member
Parra fan Dugan troll thread # 659...getting very stale now :sleeper: