What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini>>>>>>>>>>>Dugan

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
How many winning Origin games has Dugan played in?

Good old Josh "Proved Nuthin" Dugan.

ps Loudstrat why did you have to bring this up again? We could have had a good few weeks without Raiders fans carrying on like their rookie kid is going to make wine from water.

88.Knights

Juniors
mini deserves to keep fullback for game 3, should be dugan n stewart fighting for it next year, btw everybody over hayne for fullback.

but hayne was better than morris on the wing...

next year
1.dugan/stewart
2.hayne/gordon(probly woulda got it this year if he didnt get injured)
3.jennings
4.a rightside centre, someone who can get decent ball to uate!
5.uate
soward n mullen.... :p

Dragon2010

First Grade
Agreed
Hayne showed last night that he's a good winger at SOO level
he lacked involvement but the blues didnt go out to him all that often, he'll have to try and get himself more involved but his defense was good, his positioning was good, did some good work coming out of the 20

Dugan
Hayne
Jennings
Lawrence (should be hoppa jr :( )
Uate

there is your back 5 for nsw for game 1 next year

And many more series.

Heck, Jennings won't be fit for Game III so I'd be happy with.

JHayne to Center
B.Stewart to Win (Surely he can play wing at least with three more games under him? Not as intense as FB on his mental/physical capacity). Can't think of any worty centers to bring into a decider.....

caylo

Bench
And many more series.

Heck, Jennings won't be fit for Game III so I'd be happy with.

JHayne to Center
B.Stewart to Win (Surely he can play wing at least with three more games under him? Not as intense as FB on his mental/physical capacity). Can't think of any worty centers to bring into a decider.....

Not a bad idea but Stewarts defense is an unknown on the wing. If you go down that path I would have Mini on the wing and Stewart at fullback, atleast Mini played as a winger before.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Not a bad idea but Stewarts defense is an unknown on the wing. If you go down that path I would have Mini on the wing and Stewart at fullback, atleast Mini played as a winger before.

A manly supporter please correct me if I'm wring. Stewart has played wing before I believe and done it quite well actually? Positionally Mini is a better FB but Stewart has the speed and the play the ball which in a mobile NSW pack is better on our wing which is injury plagued.

Minis returns on some balls last night grabbed ridiculous meters and he is definetly the number one option for fullback as he's the style we need.

Jayne can easily play Center. So can Lewis/Gidd who did so when Hoppa went off.

Fordy20

Juniors
Just move Scott back to the centres and bring in another workhorse backrower like Hindmarsh, Houston or Heighington. It's not like the ball is going to go to Hayne's wing anyway.

If Stewart doesn't get injured next year, he'll be a moral for the #1 jersey.

chrisD

Coach
Just move Scott back to the centres and bring in another workhorse backrower like Hindmarsh, Houston or Heighington. It's not like the ball is going to go to Hayne's wing anyway.

If Stewart doesn't get injured next year, he'll be a moral for the #1 jersey.

The nightmare returns...

RABK

Referee
Mini for game 3.

Brett Stewart for Game 1 2012 and then until he retires.

Stewart »»» Dugan

Plutonium

Dugan is obviously a better footballer at the moment but Mini was awesome in game 2 and should be retained for game 3. Dugan can have another turn next year.

JT_

Juniors
Forgot all about B Stewart. On top form he's probably the best fb in the comp.

1. Stewart >>> Hayne >>> Dugan

Wouldnt have him right nw tho, wait till next year. Oh yeah Hayne should just shift into left center and get Furgesson onto the wing, i want to see that contest between Hayne and Hodges.

Wally21

Bench
Agreed
Hayne showed last night that he's a good winger at SOO level
he lacked involvement but the blues didnt go out to him all that often, he'll have to try and get himself more involved but his defense was good, his positioning was good, did some good work coming out of the 20

Dugan
Hayne
Jennings
Lawrence (should be hoppa jr :( )
Uate

there is your back 5 for nsw for game 1 next year

mostly right. Swap Dugan with Stewart and you're right. Until Dugan strings a number of games together, (and great performances at that) and fixes some defensive flaws, I would have Stewart. Undoubtedly Dugan has had some great moments in some games, but not often enough.

He is still young though and could be anything if his ego remains in check. He seems quite into himself...

Dugan has defensive flaws :lol: What defensive flaws? You mean from one f**king game this year against Melbourne? Have you bothered to watch the guy throughout the rest of his first grade career?

The guy is the one of the best defensive fullbacks in the game - it's one of his strongest attributes. At 21 he is miles ahead of the likes of Slater at the same age, and he will only get better.

I swear people on this forum do not actually watch the game, only forming their opinions by what they read on here.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Dugan has defensive flaws :lol: What defensive flaws? You mean from one f**king game this year against Melbourne? Have you bothered to watch the guy throughout the rest of his first grade career?

The guy is the one of the best defensive fullbacks in the game - it's one of his strongest attributes. At 21 he is miles ahead of the likes of Slater at the same age, and he will only get better.

I swear people on this forum do not actually watch the game, only forming their opinions by what they read on here.

I swear that you replied to this thread only to flog your wounded horse Dugan. At 21 he has a long way to go to better than one of the best in the game - Slater (I hate myself to say that). For those that mention Brett Stewart as an option are fooling themselves. They guy is a V8 running on 5 cylinders.....maybe next year.

Loudstrat

Coach
Not the only thing he flogs regularly either.

We all saw Dugan's missed tackles and dropped balls in Origin. Morris was the scapegoat for Duggan hanging off Yow Yeh when any other fullback would have joined in to make it a gang tackle.

Dugan is sh*t and you know it!

Raider_69

Post Whore
mostly right. Swap Dugan with Stewart and you're right. Until Dugan strings a number of games together, (and great performances at that) and fixes some defensive flaws, I would have Stewart. Undoubtedly Dugan has had some great moments in some games, but not often enough.

He is still young though and could be anything if his ego remains in check. He seems quite into himself...

He's had an injury hampered season. Last year he played in almost every game and he was brilliant in just about every one of them. His defense this year has not been up to his usual brilliant standard, nor has his play, and i would suggest thats got a lot to do with his injuries. He's not been 100% at any point this year. He's been trying to play through some injuries and thats taken away from his game. He needs to take the time to get 100% and then he'll back to his brilliant best.

That being said, anyone with an ounce of football nous knows none of those origin tries in game 1 were his fault. And the only ones suggesting they were are hayne fan bois.

By Origin 3, i doubt dugan will have been back on the paddock, and if he has, it would only be for 1 game so i doubt he's in consideration for the fullback spot. And nor should he be given mini's solidness and the fact they won. Mini will be there game 3. Dugan will be there for the next 5+ years when ever he is fit for selection. Hayne bois need to just deal with it

Last edited: