What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minichiello vs Hodgson

Who is a better fullback?

• Brett Hodgson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Hybrid, you have nothing. I don't need to do anything to make you look stupid, you bring it on yourself. :lol: :lol: Stick to something your good at. Not This. #-o

Y2Eel

First Grade
back to the subject based on this weekends performance i'd say mini played ALOT better then hodgo so tiger fans get over it he's a good fullback but just not the best...

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Raiders 2004 said:
Hybrid, you have nothing. I don't need to do anything to make you look stupid, you bring it on yourself. :lol: :lol: Stick to something your good at. Not This. #-o

No you have nothing. You didnt answer my question.

If we have a sh1t defence, then how come we have only conceeded 20 points more than Canberra?

Must be hard answering a question that makes you look like an idiot. :lol:

MEATWAD

Juniors
Minichiello is by far the better fullback. His form since the Anzac test has been very flat, possibly because of a hip injury. However since SOO 3 I think he has been improving and the last two games against Saints and Rabbits he has again been performing near expected levels and proving a handful for the opposition. If this continues for the season he will again be feted as he has been in the past. My two favorite Roosters backs and the ones I think look most dangerous with the ball in their hands this season are Minichiello and Ryan Cross.

As for the others, Slater is a very good attacking player but I'm a bit suspect of his defence. Lockyer of course is not a fullback anymore. Peachy has done nothing past two years. Shifcofske is doing OK but not spectacular and he ought to learn to take a kick in less than 90 seconds. Wesser seems to have forgotten that there is a league season on this year. Hodgson is going pretty well I think except for a couple of real shocker games he's had (their big losses). Hunt is very exciting, but I'd like to see how well he goes next season (and when the Broncos as a whole struggle in a rough patch) before pronouncing anything definite. Hornby is good, but not the best attacking weapon. There was a young bloke at Newcastle who I thought looked the goods for a couple of games but he broke his leg or something like that, what was his name? O'Davis can still give trouble but he is a getting a bit past it. As for the others, they haven't come to my attention much this season so that must be an indicator of their effort this season.

Balmainia

Juniors
Minichello overall

Hodgson pound for pound

And all the ppl who are ranking them in order of other fullbacks have no idea.

It appears they are only ordered that way based on the publicity they receive

Ilya

Juniors
Their different players, Hodgson has turned himself into a more playmaking fullback with his short kicking game, whereas Mino has a kick return that can't be matched. Both would add different elements to a team, and both are more suuited to the playing rosters of their respective teams with Wests needing a solid playmaker to complement their 7, and roosters needing someone to cover their vulnerabilty to a solid kicking game.

MEATWAD

Juniors
Hornby is better than average. I think that's about right, I wouldn't say he has Minichiello or Hodgson "covered". He is competetive at best.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Why don't you just say how you really feel, that you think Hodgson is the #1 Fullback in the NRL? :roll:

If we have a sh1t defence, then how come we have only conceeded 20 points more than Canberra?

Well, that does make your defence shit. Cause it's worse than Canberras isnt it? cause it sure ain't better! How does it feel to go a few games a season to score zero points too? Where was Hodgsons "great attack" that you speak of in those games? :lol:

Bench
Raiders 2004 said:
Why don't you just say how you really feel, that you think Hodgson is the #1 Fullback in the NRL? :roll:

Well, that does make your defence sh*t. Cause it's worse than Canberras isnt it? cause it sure ain't better! How does it feel to go a few games a season to score zero points too? Where was Hodgsons "great attack" that you speak of in those games? :lol:
Hodgo carved the Raiders to pieces at home this year,ran for a record amount of metres 3 or 4 line breaks try's and try assists,the commentaters on FOX said he was unstopable that day.But which Raider fan remembers that.
Any way there are half a dozen good n.o1s with bugger all between them.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Minichiello showed against Souths why he's the best. His ability to break away from defenders and make those extra yards, whether it be 10 or 50, is incredible. It makes all the difference and no other FB comes close to him in that department. But not only that he is very good under the high-ball, for instance he took a couple of pressure bombs against the Dragons and has done so all yera bar 1 or 2 which happens. His defense is improving, he's always dangerous in attack when he receives the ball on the fly in the ops 20 and he has an under-rated passing game (he's thrown a couple of long bullet passes that would have made Freddy proud).

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Raiders 2004 said:

Well, that does make your defence sh*t. Cause it's worse than Canberras isnt it? cause it sure ain't better! How does it feel to go a few games a season to score zero points too? Where was Hodgsons "great attack" that you speak of in those games? :lol:

Actually, Canberra have conceeded more points than the Tigers. I posted this before the Warriors game and surprise, surprise, the Raiders conceeded 29 points against the spooners. :lol:

Continue making yourself look like a real idiot. It's fun to watch.