What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Misi Taulapapa - the biggest grub of them all

coolumsharkie

Referee
And if Cwaigy Wing didnt bust his shoulder Riley Brown would still be an unknown player. Misi had no right to do what he did to Tongue

Do you think it was premeditated ?

Why make that comparison, Misi just got over excited imo. It was just a dumb play and I doubt he had any intention of taking Toungue out of the game, ok?

lolesi

First Grade
Misi is far from a dirty player, you can see what he is trying to do, and that is to prevent the Sharks player from going further back.

Was it the right thing to do? He should of just got behind the sharks player and pushed him forward, which is quite common in the NRL, though he tackled Tongue, and unfortunately, did some damage.

I really question the intent to hurt Tongue, The idea was to stop the tackle, and not to injure red. Unfortunately, he got him straight in the ribs, no mens-rea about it what soever.

northwest9

Juniors
i was sitting in the stand very near it, i think skeepe may have been the bone head behind us screaming dog every 10 seconds at misi. he didnt say anything however when the raiders were penalised a short time after for putting knees into misi in a tackle.

for skeepe this is excusable.......

what misi did was try to keep his player in the field of play, and screw it up monumentaly, no intent, just a c**k up.

skeepe......please kindly go home and shoot yourself

Raider_69

Post Whore
I would expect you and your other effeminate mates to sook and whinge and blame and cry foul about everything after every loss though.

Fact is that the rules are against you on this one, although I won't be completely suprised to see the judiciary bend the rules for you sooks, but if Toungue didn't get injured it would have only been a penalty.

Which is what your team got.

mate injury or not, a cheap shot like that deserves some time on the sidelines... he wasnt even late, as tongue never had the ball, it was just a brain explosion, there was no reason, no justification, and frankly there is no defense.
As i stated in my original post, Misi doenst strike me as that sort of bloke, im sure it was just a brain snap. But he must pay the price for that.

Edit: And for the record i dont think Misi is in anyway shape or form a bad bloke, cheap shot merchant or anything like that, its probably the first and last cheapy he's done in his career and from what one of the C-S-S-C blokes who knows him was saying he has probably already spoken to tonguey and apologised profusely, but it doesnt change the fact he did it. Im tipping Misi will cop his punishment what ever it is, and accept full responsibilty without defence as he knows he f**ked up. A shame sharks fans seemly cant bring themselves to admit this. Its the same with P.Gallen

Last edited:
You're deluded if you think that's what happened.

The real story: Two Raiders players make a tackle, one of them being Alan Tongue. Taulapapa is hovering around the fringes, and spots that Alan Tongue's ribs are open. He charges in, drops the shoulder into Tongue's ribs, take him out of the tackle and then pushes him. As a result, Tongue has rib cartiladge damage and will be out for up to 4 weeks. He still played on for a set or two, God bless him, but he was in real pain.

Basically, Taulapapa came in with the sole intent to cause injury and should have been sent from the field.

i disagree with the intent. id say he went in to drive back. however there wasnt really any driving being doing. the tackled player and the raiders players were all pretty much standing still.

tongue was nearly out of the tackle. brain explosion from misi. fuggen gave away a penalty too.

stupid thing to do. 3 weeks i reckon.

dubby

Bench
The arrogance of the NRLs 40 year old virgins is overwhelming.

Surely you cant deny that Tellyourpapas hit was a dog act. Maybe skeepes emotions clouded his judgement when making his post, but that was a low act and worse; it was cowardly.

A cowardly act from a winger who cant even catch a bomb. FGS, even Covell can do that.

Ribs

Bench
what misi did was try to keep his player in the field of play, and screw it up monumentaly, no intent, just a c**k up.

Boo f*cking hoo. Piss him off for 6 weeks. Ever since his name got a mention he's been a big headed tool.

That was disgraceful, if Im going into a tackle Im not expecting to get hit so you're always exposed if grubs want to make use of it.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Surely a few extra weeks for stupidity wouldn't go astray? He did give away a penalty whilst in posession after all.

If stupidity was an offence then you would be barred from LU for life..
Harden the f**k up, its a contact sport...
Maybe you should head over here...
www.womensnetball.com.au

While you troll the forum, have some cheese with that whine...ffs!!!

Craigshark

First Grade
No intent to injure, what so ever.. He was just trying to help Simmons, or whoever had the ball from getting pushed backwards.
Probably get 1 or 2 weeks.. Though, he has a clean record. So may even get off completely.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
If the referees do their job properly, nobody would be coming in like Misi did, to stop the driving backwards of the attacking player.
The rules are simple;
if the forward motion of the player has stopped, the player is deemed to be held.
The player can be driven backwards in the "single" motion of the effecting tackle.(firemans carry anybody?)
If the referees call held when they should, we would have no firemans carries or incedents like misi's or rugby union style rucks happening.
I think a suspension is in order. Suspend every match official from last night for 2 weeks.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Why did Tongue even need to get involved?

The tackle was already effected. Simmo was already going backwards from the hit by Best and whoever. Tongue came in after the fact. Misi went in to help. If you tards can't admit that you see players every week helping out their own guys when they are headed into the in goal, or over the sideline or in danger then you should log off now and never come back.

There's no way the NRL judiciary will hang Misi out to dry on what was a simple part of the game gone wrong.

Anyway, fuel the hatred. Suits us. Hated teams are winning teams.

P.S. Isn't Jason Stevens on the judiciary? Put that in your conspiracy theory and smoke it!!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
If the referees do their job properly, nobody would be coming in like Misi did, to stop the driving backwards of the attacking player.
The rules are simple;
if the forward motion of the player has stopped, the player is deemed to be held.
The player can be driven backwards in the "single" motion of the effecting tackle.(firemans carry anybody?)
If the referees call held when they should, we would have no firemans carries or incedents like misi's or rugby union style rucks happening.
I think a suspension is in order. Suspend every match official from last night for 2 weeks.

reef, I was writing as you posted this and you are exactly correct. Tongue doesn't come in for his 30th third man tackle of the game and Misi doesn't have the need to back Simmons up.

At least we can see how Tongue gets 50 tackles a match.

Oh and Skeepe

Your blind illogical loyalty to your injured player brings a new meaning to the phrase "Tongue in cheek"

I bet you'd like him to be

azzah72

Bench
I think what Misi was doing was actually meaning to get behind his own player so they didn't get him on his back, the genius did it with his eyes closed, you can see it on the replay, once he realised you could tell he was like, "oh sh*t, wrong person" and pushed him away, complete human error, the only reason tongue got hurt was because his ribs were wide open with no protection & its a well known fact that Rangas have a weaker bone mass. They break much easier the brittle, red headed bastards.

Roosterphin1

Juniors
Actually mate, there is a massive difference
craig wing had the football so by the letter of the law, Brown was well within his rights to hit him. It was cheap and nasty but not illegal since wing had the ball and the tackle wasnt complete

Tongue didnt have the footy, nor were canberra even in control of the footy, he was effecting a tackle and was blindsided by a player for no reason. The end result being our captain having a rib injury

for mine thats a fairly large difference

Exactly right Raider 69. I still cant believe people think that Browns tackle was anything but legal, especially after seeing at least a hun dred of them since.