What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Misi Taulapapa - the biggest grub of them all

Tom Ace

Bench
Skeepe has gone off abit much here, as per usual, but hell he loves his side and he's a fair dinkum fan. So we'll ignore his over the top attitude and look at the incident on its merits

Miss ya papa comes in hits a bloke full force for no reason and put him out of the game for probably 4-6 weeks, imo his suspension in this case should at least match the time tongue is out for... it was a very very low act. Im sure he's a nice guy and it was probably just a brain snap as he doesnt strike me as the paul gallen sort of bloke, but he did the crime, he must do the time and it'd want to be reasonably stiff

I recall him running in from a great distance to cheap shot Shackleton last year in a game against us where there was a bit of a stink. I think both he and Watts threw cheap shots actually.

So he's gotten his hands dirty before.

He must really hate Rangas.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Misi cleared by MRC.
Neil Henry facing a 10G fine.

Now theres a shocker :shock:
totally didnt see that coming...
(btw im being sarcastic)

if i were neil henry id be advising my players this week to do as Misi did, and take out Cam Smith, Cooper Cronk, Greg Inglis and Isreal Folau... Bring Costigan into the side and have him take them all out one by one whilst we've got possession... for the price of 4 penalties it'd be worth having them out of the game

Last edited:

no name

Coach
Now theres a shocker :shock:
totally didnt see that coming...

if i were neil henry id be advising my players this week to do as Misi did, and take out Cam Smith, Cooper Cronk, Greg Inglis and Isreal Folau... Bring Costigan into the side and have him take them all out one by one whilst we've got possession... for the price of 4 penalties it'd be worth having them out of the game

I thought he had a case to answer. It certainly does set a dangerous precedent.

Raider_69

Post Whore
whats even more ridiculous is this point, and i didnt even realise until i read it in the paper today

Taulapapa wasnt even put on report for this piece of foul play, so not only has he hit a bloke cheaply, when neither him nor his team are in posession of the football, and hit him with enough force to injure him, an injury that would normally sideline a bloke for 2-3 weeks (thankfully tonguey's as hard as a coffin nail and has been named) but it as a result of this, it actually cost us an interchange to replace him

:lol: the NRL and Hampstead are deadset kidding themselves, i feel for titans fans, Dessy Hasler would be made not to imploy tactics such as this to take Scott Prince out of the game this weekend

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Wow, can't beleive Toiletpaper got off with that one, thought it would be 1-2 weeks

Henry shouldn't have gotten 10k either

skeepe

Immortal
Looks like it's a free for all on attacking the ribs of an unsuspecting player. What a disgrace the match review committee are. I hope somebody does the exact same thing to Taulapapa this week, the dog merkin.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It is true though, it does set a precendent that you can smash a player off the ball and only give a penalty. The point that they should play someone like Costigan to rough up the storm is a valid one, if all attempting to break Cameron Smiths ribs while he is off the ball is a penalty.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Fair and appropriate result. Just like that cat Tongue to take a dive afterwards to milk the penalty. Unsurprisingly he's been named in the side this week, 4 weeks out injured my arse. What a cat.

shear_joy9

Coach
I think it was reported Tongue will have permanent damage to ribs and will have to wear protection for the rest of his career.

Latest posts