What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing piece

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Looks like the Dogs are making a pretty mammoth play for Dugan.

If this comes off - and given their depth in the halves now - this puts Barba offside a little.

He would suit our play to a T and would love to run off Benji -

A genuine Fullback would make our backline look pretty special I rekon:

1 Barba
2 Tiquiri
3 Lawrence
4 Ayshford
5 Whoever it doesnt really matter
6 Benji
7 Moltz / Miller

The other issue Im flagging here is we dont have a great deal of depth in the wings - Tiquiri is great when on song and Ryan will do, but given T's age and the time he spent out last year....

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I'd have to disagree with this one.

We already have Brown, as well as Tedesco, and let's not forget the new signing of Reddy.

All three are solid, and very capable defenders (Tedesco a work in progress with big wraps on him from many) who can play at fullback or on the wing. EDIT: Humble as well

Why spend money on Barba? We already have electric players who can be suss under the high ball....

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Barba is not a good fullback.

I'd have Nathan Gardner, Gerard Beale and Lachlan Coote before I'd consider Barba.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Regarding 2013 - Tuqiri will not be retained, nor will Utai.

Simona, Brown, Ryan for example will be used on the wings, and there will be others around to play there as well.

Ellis may also be moving on. We're going to have plenty of cash. We'll likely chase a quality fullback, and a solid winger and use the remaining cash to top up contracts for Woods, Groat, Miller etc.

That's what a smart man would do anyways....

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes, well he needs to get game time this year, otherwise he'll never get a crack.

He's a big unit with plenty of pace and should be in first grade instead of Utai.

Tigersmurf

Juniors
I think you will find that some of that cash you are referring to has already been used to retain Tedesco to an extended contract.

spearby

Juniors
Hope you are right,great to keep a local Magpie in the WestsTigers system.
i am an old balmain now wests tiger and was looking at the under 20s profile gee there is a lot of magpie boys coming through there this year a few balmain i love to see the young club boys come through the system go west tigers:D:D:D

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Goddamn I'm over the off season & all the speculation, not having a dig at anyone cause it's all my mates & I have been talking about on a friday arvo at the pub aswell. I just cant wait to see the team announced on the tuesday night & then see who actaully runs out on the saturday evening. For a footy fan this time of year really sucks.

Bench
Not only a local magpie but a Group 6 player and he was born in Ryde according to his profile on the web site.
Possibly our only true 100% J/V local.
If that is true,he has all bases covered,should end up our poster boy.