What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein signed until end of 2016

nrlnrl

First Grade
http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/Rein-ReSigns-With-Dragons/74711

Rein Re-Signs With Dragons

Wednesday 15 May 2013 9:00 AM

00075381-leadimage.jpg

The St George Illawarra Dragons have today announced that hooker Mitch Rein has agreed to terms on a three-year contract that will see him remain at the Club until at least the end of 2016.
Rein, a local junior from the Kiama Knights, made his first-grade debut for the Dragons against the Gold Coast Titans in the opening round of the 2011 campaign and has played 48 NRL games to date. Rein, 23, was selected in the NSW Emerging Blues squad this year and is pleased by the opportunity to continue his development at the Dragons. “I am a local junior and love the Club,” said Rein. “I am really happy here and excited to know that I have my future secured here for at least the next three seasons. Dragons fans are a very passionate bunch and every time I put the jersey on I try to give it my all for them as well as my coach and team mates.”

Dragons Head Coach Steve Price was similarly happy by the hooker’s decision to remain at the Club. “Mitch is an important part of this team and I am pleased by his decision to remain at the Club,” said Price “He is a very talented and hard-working player who you would want in the trenches with and sets a fine example for all the younger players here at the Club.”

Dragons CEO Peter Doust echoed the Coach’s sentiments indicating that this was great news for all Dragons supporters. “Mitch is a quality player and person who we see as playing a key part in our future and we are very pleased that we have been able to come terms for the next three years,” said Doust. “Mitch is a great example of the pathway management system that we have in place from grass roots through to NRL level, across our region. “He is a real inspiration to his team-mates with his work ethic and also to the young players across our region who aspire to one day also play NRL for the Dragons.”

RedVDave

First Grade
Rein Re-Signs With Dragons

00075381-leadimage.jpg

The St George Illawarra Dragons have today announced that hooker Mitch Rein has agreed to terms on a three-year contract that will see him remain at the Club until at least the end of 2016.
Rein, a local junior from the Kiama Knights, made his first-grade debut for the Dragons against the Gold Coast Titans in the opening round of the 2011 campaign and has played 48 NRL games to date.
Rein, 23, was selected in the NSW Emerging Blues squad this year and is pleased by the opportunity to continue his development at the Dragons.
“I am a local junior and love the Club,” said Rein.
“I am really happy here and excited to know that I have my future secured here for at least the next three seasons.
“Dragons fans are a very passionate bunch and every time I put the jersey on I try to give it my all for them as well as my coach and team mates.”
Dragons Head Coach Steve Price was similarly happy by the hooker’s decision to remain at the Club.
“Mitch is an important part of this team and I am pleased by his decision to remain at the Club,” said Price
“He is a very talented and hard-working player who you would want in the trenches with and sets a fine example for all the younger players here at the Club.”
Dragons CEO Peter Doust echoed the Coach’s sentiments indicating that this was great news for all Dragons supporters.
“Mitch is a quality player and person who we see as playing a key part in our future and we are very pleased that we have been able to come terms for the next three years,” said Doust.
“Mitch is a great example of the pathway management system that we have in place from grass roots through to NRL level, across our region.
“He is a real inspiration to his team-mates with his work ethic and also to the young players across our region who aspire to one day also play NRL for the Dragons.”

http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/Rein-ReSigns-With-Dragons/74711

TheRev

Coach
Interesting news, hopefully it wasnt huge dollars, his recent form has probably cost him a tonne since his early form and parramatta offer.

BennyV

Referee
Interesting news, hopefully it wasnt huge dollars, his recent form has probably cost him a tonne since his early form and parramatta offer.

Doust is fairly good with balancing the contracts in terms of front/back-ended deals. Given our depth at hooker, this contract would definitely be in our favour! I just hope to holy hell that it doesnt cost us King next year - Uncle Wayne will come knocking...

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Not all that excited by this. Depends on how much money they gave him and what it means for Cameron King.

I'd be surprised if he stays for his next contract unless he can take the starting gig off Rein.

Godz Illa

Coach
You always like re-signing local players, and depth is important to have yada yada yada. But I think this would have been "a good toss to lose".

BennyV

Referee
Not all that excited by this. Depends on how much money they gave him and what it means for Cameron King.

I'd be surprised if he stays for his next contract unless he can take the starting gig off Rein.

If he can't get the starting gig off Rein, chances are he wont command too much money from other clubs?

Elias1983

Coach
It means Cameron King needs to stay fit and injury free and challenge for that spot, plain and simpe.

King has been injured far too often the last 2 years , I want him to reach his potential but injury has hampered that so far.

It's a good signing because Rein has proven to be reliable and solid which is something we need, sure his service from dummy is slow but he will get better.

VanillaGorilla

Juniors
Perhaps they don't see King as hooker long term i.e. could he play lock? Or maybe they just don't see him as durable enough to bank on him

SilentAssassin

Juniors
If he can't get the starting gig off Rein, chances are he wont command too much money from other clubs?

Bennett? He obviously rated him more then Rein. He only got a head start through injury.

If he can stay injury free I'd bet there will be a few clubs offering their starting gig to King.

BennyV

Referee
Bennett? He obviously rated him more then Rein. He only got a head start through injury.

If he can stay injury free I'd bet there will be a few clubs offering their starting gig to King.

Probably, but no more than those that were offering it to Rein - who is going to pay big money for a hooker who has only been playing off the bench?

Anywho, if King wants to stay with us, he needs to play for it, and hopefully Doust knows what he is doing here...

FundyDragon

Bench
Solid performer and great signing. He must be rated fairly highly by the NSW selectors to get a gig in the emerging blues.. Now that the contract is off his mind hopefully his attacking form can improve.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Great news! I always doubted the Parra big money story and if they have heavily front ended his contract then really what are we losing? We all suspect we are still way under the cap for this year and that money would go to waste soon.