What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein signed until end of 2016

dragondonar1

Juniors
good signing. rein reminds me of dean young. i think if king can play injury free he will be hooker with rein playing diferent positions. ie from hooker to lock. im just happy players are rejecting bigger offers to stay with the greatest club in the u niverse.

_Johnsy

Referee
TBH this will show us more about King.

Rein got the opportunity and took it, kudos to him.

King, if he really wants to play for us will fight for his spot. After all Rein & King will be our hooking rotation & the best in the NRL IMO.

Or King, cracks the shits and goes to another club because he wants a starting spot handed to him. if he doesn't want to stay and fight then maybe he's not the player we think he is. Sur ehes talented but i want people to earn their spot, which is exactly what Rein has done.

BennyV

Referee
TBH this will show us more about King.

Rein got the opportunity and took it, kudos to him.

King, if he really wants to play for us will fight for his spot. After all Rein & King will be our hooking rotation & the best in the NRL IMO.

Or King, cracks the shits and goes to another club because he wants a starting spot handed to him. if he doesn't want to stay and fight then maybe he's not the player we think he is. Sur ehes talented but i want people to earn their spot, which is exactly what Rein has done.

Very true...hopefully King has this pointed out to him - we dont want a Jacob Miller situation where the player has a sook and runs off to the UK, to be honest that's not really the player we want at our club. We want someone who fights to be here - hopefully King is just that as well as Rein.

Minh

First Grade
King is the better player but at least Rein has experience, the concern is he is not improving as expected. Still locking Rein in gives us depth.

CarssDragon

Juniors
good signing. rein reminds me of dean young. i think if king can play injury free he will be hooker with rein playing diferent positions. ie from hooker to lock. im just happy players are rejecting bigger offers to stay with the greatest club in the u niverse.

Have always thought the opposite to this. King looks to have much better utility value. Either way, I think it would be a luxury to keep both long-term, so imagine King has a hard fight for that next contract. Would be upset to see him go, but not overly concerned given talent like Garvey coming through the grades

Godz Illa

Coach
Very true...hopefully King has this pointed out to him - we dont want a Jacob Miller situation where the player has a sook and runs off to the UK, to be honest that's not really the player we want at our club. We want someone who fights to be here - hopefully King is just that as well as Rein.
You also don't want a Simon Woolford-Luke Priddis situation where the more talented player seeks the opportunity of a starting gig elsewhere and wins multiple comps.

bottle

Coach
And again...

Rein's been fine.
For some bizarre reason people only want to focus on any perceived negatives with him, I don't get it.
No mention of the move he initiated to almost get Quinlan away on Sunday.
By contrast, no mention of King's faux pas in the 32nd minute when he had De Belin running into a gap on his right only to take the tackle. No mention of his dribble pass along the ground.
It's a case of cherry pick the errors that match your bias it seems.

Godz Illa

Coach
Not really. I'm being kind by not detailing all of Rein's errors. If the point you're making is that King, after a month off injured, is no better than Rein who has played 40 odd straight, then I agree with you.

Twenty10

Juniors
Rein is a good player but at the moment he is not playing we at all. I can't help but think he's not being coached correctly. It's been weeks now where he has refused to run. That's an easy directive to give and follow. Yet our Ruck has to be one of the slowest and worst in the NRL. Cam king out played rein last week 1000 times over. Price may not be getting his message through or he's not actually seeing it. Same with chase Stanley. He's been terrible this past few weeks

FundyDragon

Bench
We should all be kissing our lucky backsides that we have two very talented developing hookers on our roster until at least the end of 2014. So start kissing FFS.

hardbaby

Coach
I'm happy Rein re-signed. Sure he has some limitations in his game. But I like the style of player he is. Constant injury to King means we have never really seen an extended battle for the 9. Hopefully now we will. May the better player win. The Dragons have good depth in that position but the youngsters could do with another 18 months.

FundyDragon

Bench
I'm happy Rein re-signed. Sure he has some limitations in his game. But I like the style of player he is. Constant injury to King means we have never really seen an extended battle for the 9. Hopefully now we will. May the better player win. The Dragons have good depth in that position but the youngsters could do with another 18 months.

Just keep both of them, I'm sure King would be brilliant on the bench, could be a top utility player. I don't think there are too many hookers playing 80 minutes these days.

TruSaint

Referee
We should all be kissing our lucky backsides that we have two very talented developing hookers on our roster until at least the end of 2014. So start kissing FFS.

Well said Fundy.
One month ago we were all whinging about securing our talent.
King is still there, and Rein is now content. Win - Win.

hermidale1

Juniors
I'm curious. If we had not signed Mitch Rein and he was signed by Parramatta, would everyone have been jumping up and down saying we shouldn't have let him go???

The guy gives his all on the field, and is a good player to boot.
As far as I'm concerned, I'm glad we re signed him.

So I guess we shouldn't expect a premiership until 2017...f**k! We just re-signed the biggest issue in our line up. We directly lose matches week in, week out because of this guy. The opposition forwArds trample over him getting quick play the balls all game, and then he bobbles around like a hunchback with arthritis in attack, throwing the most ridiculous passes.

You watch, King will start carving up and other clubs will knocking and we won't have the money to match his next deal because our books are full. Poor cap management....we have King, Garvey and Cook to play 9 next year. We should have spent the Rein money on a front rower.

FundyDragon

Bench
I'm curious. If we had not signed Mitch Rein and he was signed by Parramatta, would everyone have been jumping up and down saying we shouldn't have let him go???

The guy gives his all on the field, and is a good player to boot.
As far as I'm concerned, I'm glad we re signed him.

Yes to both statements.

Mr Red

First Grade
You always like re-signing local players, and depth is important to have yada yada yada. But I think this would have been "a good toss to lose".

you suspecting we paid overs?
Or you think he just isnt any good?