What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein signed until end of 2016

Mr Red

First Grade
, the concern is he is not improving as expected. .

yep.. and more to come. our other young guns will suffer the same fate.
i touched on this a while back... none of our juniors will reach their potential with Price as coach.. he just doesnt have the ability to get players to reach their potentials..

TruSaint

Referee
So I guess we shouldn't expect a premiership until 2017...f**k! We just re-signed the biggest issue in our line up. We directly lose matches week in, week out because of this guy. The opposition forwArds trample over him getting quick play the balls all game, and then he bobbles around like a hunchback with arthritis in attack, throwing the most ridiculous passes.

You watch, King will start carving up and other clubs will knocking and we won't have the money to match his next deal because our books are full. Poor cap management....we have King, Garvey and Cook to play 9 next year. We should have spent the Rein money on a front rower.

Too harsh my friend.
1. Only months ago Rein was the talk of the town. Last year he played his soul out and people were talking him up. Agree, of late he has been off.
2. We dont know ( or i dont ) what deal he was given and how it implicates King. Fact is you need more than one number 9.
3. King will have ample opportunity this year to prove himself. I too rate him highly. If anything competition for a spine spot can only be healthy.
Just my opinion.

redbreed

Juniors
yep.. and more to come. our other young guns will suffer the same fate.
i touched on this a while back... none of our juniors will reach their potential with Price as coach.. he just doesnt have the ability to get players to reach their potentials..

Spot on red. Sometimes they have to learn by being thrown into the action of first grade. How many times when a young fella debuts the first thing they say is they can't believe how fast it was. These are things you can't train for and the quicker they get used to it the better. Quilan had a good debut and deserves to have another go but giving him just one game and sending him back to the cutters is pointless. Might as well not played him at all.

bottle

Coach
So I guess we shouldn't expect a premiership until 2017...f**k! We just re-signed the biggest issue in our line up. We directly lose matches week in, week out because of this guy. The opposition forwArds trample over him getting quick play the balls all game, and then he bobbles around like a hunchback with arthritis in attack, throwing the most ridiculous passes.

You watch, King will start carving up and other clubs will knocking and we won't have the money to match his next deal because our books are full. Poor cap management....we have King, Garvey and Cook to play 9 next year. We should have spent the Rein money on a front rower.

Are you Cameron's dad?

Suck shit, he's here for the near term. Keep the squealing up though, it's funny.

redbreed

Juniors
Didn't faze me if he left but on the flip side its good to know that he wanted to stay even though apparently he could of been financially better off.

gypsy

Bench
Not excited by this news. In a side lacking creativity, a hooker sans kicking game and versatility surely isn't desireable at this footy club playing Dragons footy.

He's a worker no doubt, and tough as an old boot - he's a few years late though for the type of player our gameplans should require. Footy club.

Last edited:

ghostface

Juniors
Saints were never going to strengthen the hooker position as we have enough within our own system. If you release Rein you weaken the roster. Saints have made the logical decision in resigning Rein, as he has been one of our better players over the last 2 years.

Rein has clear deficiencies in his game, his left side delivery is particularly poor his game reminds me of Nathan Friend.... a hard worker but genuinely lacks creativity. Defensively he is miles ahead of Cameron King.

I genuinely hope this is the catalyst that inspires King to take his game to the next level, he just needs a little bit of good fortune, he has alot more creativity and his potential is far greater than Rein could even dream of however we can't just expect King to reach his potential so signing Rein is still a decent option.

Last edited:

Maximus

Coach
We just re-signed the biggest issue in our line up.

Rein is the biggest issue in our line-up? You mean he is a bigger issue than having a 33 year old hooker playing half-back? He's a bigger issue than having a centre pairing of an old slow guy who doesn't pass any more, and another who is just shit all round? He is a bigger issue than playing f**king Prior at centre?

TheRev

Coach
Rein is the biggest issue in our line-up? You mean he is a bigger issue than having a 33 year old hooker playing half-back? He's a bigger issue than having a centre pairing of an old slow guy who doesn't pass any more, and another who is just shit all round? He is a bigger issue than playing f**king Prior at centre?

Straight for the juggular! Bit hard on Coops though, I see him as a strength not a weakness, and would look very different if the team was moving forward instead of flat every time.

_Johnsy

Referee

What a load of bollocks

Country Dragon

Juniors
Saint George of Lydda may well be Cameron King himself! Just ease up abit will ya, Mitch isn't as bad as you're making out.

Spot on red. Sometimes they have to learn by being thrown into the action of first grade. How many times when a young fella debuts the first thing they say is they can't believe how fast it was. These are things you can't train for and the quicker they get used to it the better. Quilan had a good debut and deserves to have another go but giving him just one game and sending him back to the cutters is pointless. Might as well not played him at all.

Right on.

The team needs him. Time to step up. Move over oldies.

The more he delays opportunities for young talent the more pressure Price is putting on them.

TheRev

Coach

I have been trying to figure out why Price does it, I think he is going for that 'give them a taste to incentify them to play harder for the cutters and be ready when they are reselected', but.. im not sure its the right approach...

Quinlan, Drinkwater & Green all got 1 game only, Cook got maybe 2, someone on here claimed that this was proof the youngsters were getting a go.. but I mean its a positive step but its unusual because there was opportunity to give them further games during injury periods.

BennyV

Referee
I have been trying to figure out why Price does it, I think he is going for that 'give them a taste to incentify them to play harder for the cutters and be ready when they are reselected', but.. im not sure its the right approach...

Quinlan, Drinkwater & Green all got 1 game only, Cook got maybe 2, someone on here claimed that this was proof the youngsters were getting a go.. but I mean its a positive step but its unusual because there was opportunity to give them further games during injury periods.

I get the feeling that Price has a better feel of what he is doing and what it's like to come into first grade than what we do. As someone said earlier, a lot of kids come into first grade and they cant believe how fast it is, and then they struggle to keep up with it week in and week out. I imagine Price gives them the taste, then possibly discusses with them what he thinks they need to work on, so that when they need to come into the team full time, they are better prepared.
Best thing for the young kids in the long run? Almost certainly.
Best thing for the team? Maybe not, I guess we'll find out...

TheRev

Coach
I get the feeling that Price has a better feel of what he is doing and what it's like to come into first grade than what we do. As someone said earlier, a lot of kids come into first grade and they cant believe how fast it is, and then they struggle to keep up with it week in and week out. I imagine Price gives them the taste, then possibly discusses with them what he thinks they need to work on, so that when they need to come into the team full time, they are better prepared.
Best thing for the young kids in the long run? Almost certainly.
Best thing for the team? Maybe not, I guess we'll find out...
Hopefully this is true =)

blacksafake

First Grade
Whilst i agree to some point that it is hard for the youngsters to keep up with the speed for an extended time it also annoys me that some are not given more than a week at a time.A prime example is matthews who is only given a go ever now & then.When he does get a go imo he shows that he is probably worthy of a regular spot on the bench in place of harrison who has not exactly set the world alight. :?

watatank

Coach

Maybe it's because they're not ready to play week in, week out? Not everyone can step into first grade, especially the players you have mentioned. Quinlan may have had more chances if we didn't get Dugan.

By the way, Stockwell has played a few games...just saying.

BennyV

Referee
Maybe it's because they're not ready to play week in, week out? Not everyone can step into first grade, especially the players you have mentioned. Quinlan may have had more chances if we didn't get Dugan.

By the way, Stockwell has played a few games...just saying.

Stockwell was blooded last year, then had a full pre-season before being launched into first grade full time. Similarly with deBelin the year before (different result, but that's more to do with player ability).

Problem is that with all our new signings, there may not be as much of a chance next year for Drinkwater, Matthews, Quinlan, etc...

redbreed

Juniors
Stockwell was blooded last year, then had a full pre-season before being launched into first grade full time. Similarly with deBelin the year before (different result, but that's more to do with player ability).

Problem is that with all our new signings, there may not be as much of a chance next year for Drinkwater, Matthews, Quinlan, etc...

There lies the problem for this year and retention. With all the signings that are happening shouldn't price blood some of these players now and see if there worth keeping or not. He does seem to give the young forwards more opportunities then the backs which is strange because that's where we could use some speed.

Latest posts