What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein signed until end of 2016

BennyV

Referee
There lies the problem for this year and retention. With all the signings that are happening shouldn't price blood some of these players now and see if there worth keeping or not. He does seem to give the young forwards more opportunities then the backs which is strange because that's where we could use some speed.

Oh I agree...I think so an extent he/doust knows guys like Quinlan, Runciman etc are worth holding on to (even Garvey, hence the contract)...but given our No.7 predicament, one would think he'd look to give Drinkwater and Ryan a go...

watatank

Coach
I don't think it's necessary to see certain players in first grade to know whether they are up to it.

Maybe they're just not that good.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Rein and King are the future hookers. Both have a roe to play and good to have both retained. Why would King leave? He knows that he will be on the bench and if he puts in some good performances may even get a starting role. If he is not willing to do that and demand starts every game then eh has ego problems.

King had his chance and copped an injury. Unfortunately stuff like that happens. Rein took his chance and was one of the Dragons best last season. 2nd year in top grade is always a tough one but he will overcome that and get back to hsi best. If not King will slot straight in. Win win situation and good to see Saints re-sign their juniors.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Rein and King are the future hookers. Both have a roe to play and good to have both retained. Why would King leave? He knows that he will be on the bench and if he puts in some good performances may even get a starting role. If he is not willing to do that and demand starts every game then eh has ego problems.

King had his chance and copped an injury. Unfortunately stuff like that happens. Rein took his chance and was one of the Dragons best last season. 2nd year in top grade is always a tough one but he will overcome that and get back to hsi best. If not King will slot straight in. Win win situation and good to see Saints re-sign their juniors.

IF he starts performing better then Rein and super coach Price leaves him on the bench then I can't blame him for leaving for his next contract.

We can expect the same boring predictable service for the next three years. Rein is not athletic enough to trouble the opposition and he lacks any kind of creativity. The most fundamental attribute a good Hooker needs is a decent pass and he doesn't even have that. He is a NSW Cup standard footballer. If we could have got rid of him and signed Rangi I think we would have given the competition a shake over the next couple of years, but I can see Widdop struggling to do all the attacking on his own, and Rein getting trampled by the opposition up the middle of the ruck.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
Wow, a lot of harsh critics on here. Rein is out of form right now, but I'm sure he will bounce back. I think this is a good resigning as long as we didn't pay massive overs.

Has had to play 80 Price wouldn't pick a backup dummy half when king "soft as toilet paper" King has been out.

People calling for Rangi Chase that's laughable he looks good in the ESL damn even Willie Peters was a man of steel award winning and he was worse than shit.

Bang

Juniors
Has had to play 80 Price wouldn't pick a backup dummy half when king "soft as toilet paper" King has been out.

People calling for Rangi Chase that's laughable he looks good in the ESL damn even Willie Peters was a man of steel award winning and he was worse than shit.

Willie Peters never won the Man of Steel.

possm

Coach
Watching the Cutters and NYC games today, I can say I did not see any better halves coming through. Quinlan and Cummins were out injured and Drinkwater and Ryan were not a patch on Fien.

We will have to sign a 6 or 7 from outside the Club unless Doust wants to run with Beale or Farrel at 6.

redandwhite1

Juniors
We can expect the same boring predictable service for the next three years. Rein is not athletic enough to trouble the opposition and he lacks any kind of creativity. The most fundamental attribute a good Hooker needs is a decent pass and he doesn't even have that. He is a NSW Cup standard footballer. If we could have got rid of him and signed Rangi I think we would have given the competition a shake over the next couple of years, but I can see Widdop struggling to do all the attacking on his own, and Rein getting trampled by the opposition up the middle of the ruck.

Don't expect much from widdop saint George, only runs at Melbourne because all the defensive heat is on the 7, 1 and 9. Can't pass because he doesn't have to.

TheRev

Coach
King was great today, hes still new to 1st grade but he gets the ball and runs straight immediately meaning he puts his runners onside and avoids forward passes.. also attracts defenders and creates space as he did for one of the early tries, think it was Merrins.

Joey_dragons

Juniors
Rein is the most frustrating hooker in the the game. He is to slow, forward passes, drop balls, he has no idea. I wish we didn't resign him

Latest posts