What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce arrested over altercation outside a Kings Cross nightclub

Lambretta

First Grade
I fully expected the worst and then I watched the video and was horrified that someone could stand up to go to talk to someone and then sit down again when they walked past.

It was like watching that video where Phil Gould and Laurie Daley try to sit on the same chair..... ok, so maybe it wasn't that horrific, but it was almost as socially unacceptable as that episode of the Tellytubbies where Dipsy lost his/her scooter because it had snowed.

I had to write letters to the NRL asking what they're going to do about this disgusting incident. I think changing the interchange rule and adding five more referees to each game is the least they can do. Imagine if Mitchell was sitting down on at Origin and someone went past him..... oh that's going to happen anyway - but ooooohhhh the shock of it all.

I'd bring back hanging.

Lambretta

First Grade
Losing Andrew Fifita and Greg Bird and Greg Inglis playing for the wrong team are bigger problems for NSW than Mitchell Pearce being picked.

Why is it that NSW has year in year out injuries and suspensions to our best - whilst QLD's best are ready and available every single year?

That's what costs NSW the series every year not whoever in NSW has been charged with not being as good as Cooper Cronk or Jonathan Thurston.

Who are the alternatives to Pearce? Reynolds and errrr, errrrr, errrr no one

Pearce is getting picked not because of his amazing attacking talents (cos he doesn't have any) - he's getting picked because he is actually a tough defender and there are so few other options.

Personally my halves combination would be Reynolds and Reynolds - but I can guarantee you this. If we went with them instead of Pearce and Maloney - we'd still lose. Blaming Pearce for Origin losses completely misses the point. He's 1/100th of the problem.

bottle

Coach
Lambretta, please piss off and stop making sense.
We just don't like him and want to put shit on him.
You're making that more difficult.
Just stop.
K?

Danish

Referee
Some passionate blues fan is just going to have to step up to the plate and go straight up Tonya Harding on Pearce, Farah, Ennis, and Gidley if we are to have any chance at winning this series :sarcasm:

BranVan3000

Coach
I fully expected the worst and then I watched the video and was horrified that someone could stand up to go to talk to someone and then sit down again when they walked past.

It was like watching that video where Phil Gould and Laurie Daley try to sit on the same chair..... ok, so maybe it wasn't that horrific, but it was almost as socially unacceptable as that episode of the Tellytubbies where Dipsy lost his/her scooter because it had snowed.

I had to write letters to the NRL asking what they're going to do about this disgusting incident. I think changing the interchange rule and adding five more referees to each game is the least they can do. Imagine if Mitchell was sitting down on at Origin and someone went past him..... oh that's going to happen anyway - but ooooohhhh the shock of it all.

I'd bring back hanging.

Yeah I'm sure the woman went and informed the cops that a man just tried to talk to her :roll:

Liddell

Juniors
Personally my halves combination would be Reynolds and Reynolds - but I can guarantee you this. If we went with them instead of Pearce and Maloney - we'd still lose. Blaming Pearce for Origin losses completely misses the point. He's 1/100th of the problem.

Yes and no.

We know how origin games play out, they give us 5 maybe 6 genuine attacking sets on their line. How often does he, the halfback, either come up with points or a decent kick on the last? It's short ball after short ball and a bomb down Boyd's throat on the last.

But it isn't his fault when G.I and Scott run riot or Thurston somehow creates those massive overlaps so I agree he isn't completely to blame.

I believe that one of the guys put all of this into the correct perspective on the Grill team this morning when he mentioned that Brett Stewart received a 4 week ban and Manly were fined $100k by the NRL for drunken and disorderly conduct a few years back, when Stewart was accused of attacking his neighbour. This ban and fine had nothing to do with the rest of the stuff that was supposed to have gone on. This was simply because he was out, got drunk and got into trouble.

When the NRL work out a punishment for this, the question of Pearce's guilt with regard to doing anything with the Woman involved will be irrelevant. What will be his undoing is the fact that he was out on the grog, was thrown out of a club and then went off to the cross and got into trouble at another club. The fact that he didn't just pack up his kit and go home after being thrown out of the first place is what will cost him a ban.

All of the other stuff will be played out with the police or even the courts later but Pearce will cop a ban and the Roosters will wear a fine simply because he went out, got drunk and essentially got into trouble after already copping a warning.

The precedent has been set with Stewart.

Last edited:
I believe that one of the guys put all of this into the correct perspective on the Grill team this morning when he mentioned that Brett Stewart received a 4 week ban and Manly were fined $100k by the NRL for drunken and disorderly conduct a few years back, when Stewart was accused of attacking his neighbour. This ban and fine had nothing to do with the rest of the stuff that was supposed to have gone on. This was simply because he was out, got drunk and got into trouble.

When the NRL work out a punishment for this, the question of Pearce's guilt with regard to doing anything with the Woman involved will be irrelevant. What will be his undoing is the fact that he was out on the grog, was thrown out of a club and then went off to the cross and got into trouble at another club. The fact that he didn't just pack up his kit and go home after being thrown out of the first place is what will cost him a ban.

All of the other stuff will be played out with the police or even the courts later but Pearce will cop a ban and the Roosters will wear a fine simply because he went out, got drunk and essentially got into trouble after already copping a warning.

Comparing Pearce's incident with Stewart's is a bit of a stretch isn't it? Pearce didn't attack the woman although the Telecrap, in spite of the supporting CC footage in their story, described it as 'lunging' which was a stretch as well. I'm gonna lunge for my pen and go back to work now.

PS
If he was not meant to be on the turps, then that's a club issue and he can expect just punishment.
He's clearly guilty of being a d1ckhead for arguing with the cops and maybe the NRL can step in there but is that worth 4 weeks?

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore

that was at a club function IIRC so it's different

Comparing Pearce's incident with Stewart's is a bit of a stretch isn't it? Pearce didn't attack the woman although the Telecrap, in spite of the supporting CC footage in their story, described it as 'lunging' which was a stretch as well. I'm gonna lunge for my pen and go back to work now.

Read what I said.

Stewart was banned and fined for drunken disorderly conduct. Had nothing to do with what supposedly happened between him and the girl involved.

The ban was because he was drunk and got into trouble. The NRL went to great trouble to point this out at the time.

Last edited:
that was at a club function IIRC so it's different

This may impact whether or not the club will receive a fine.

As far as Mitchell is concerned, the NRL will view it as Mitchell is always representing the club and the code. Regardless of where he is. I reckon he will still cop the four weeks and some sort of personal fine.

El Diablo

Post Whore
This may impact whether or not the club will receive a fine.

As far as Mitchell is concerned, the NRL will view it as Mitchell is always representing the club and the code. Regardless of where he is. I reckon he will still cop the four weeks and some sort of personal fine.

why?

players busted for DUI haven't and Peace has not even been charged with anything