What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce - Contract Situation

mozza91

Coach
He’s on 800k a year according to that zero tackle site. Dunno how reliable it is though.

aqua_duck

Coach
Thats the whole thing- Klemmer is still a quality a player, but we can’t carry him when we already have 2 Saifitis. I reckon we need an Asiati and Paulo in our team to balance the pack.

If BJ wasn’t such a bonehead, he’d be the perfect project player to pick up on the cheap for the front row. Brian Smith would have loved him.
Well Smith did sign BJ to the roosters about 10 years back.....

Alex28

Coach
I’ve been as big a fan of Mitch as anyone, and he has been a great signing when we needed him most, but it’s run it’s course.

We need to expedite Ponga/Clifford next year. Pearce will get an offer from the Raiders or someone - maybe even take off to France. We shouldn’t hold him back.

PhilGould

Bench
Guess I’ve misread.

So $800k, is the consensus that he’s still worth that? Would anyone give him that on the open market right now? Would he get more than half of that at a top 4 team?

Evidently I’m watching a different player so I’m interested to hear opinions

Alex28

Coach
Guess I’ve misread.

So $800k, is the consensus that he’s still worth that? Would anyone give him that on the open market right now? Would he get more than half of that at a top 4 team?

He’s not on $800K next year, so there is that.

Old dog

Juniors
At this stage my estimate is Pearce is past his best and unlikely to be competitive next season especially towards the later half. Ponga has to be a great f/b to make the change to 5/8, he has inadequancies at this stage
The suggested changes of Clifford at 7, Ponga at 6 and Hodgson at 1 don’t look to me as improvements for 2022 and if so what would you do with Pearce, overpaid reserve grader. Who says Clifford makes a better 7 than 6.

aqua_duck

Coach
Guess I’ve misread.

He's not worth $800k but at the time we signed him he was arguably the best prop in the game, you can't blame the club for not being able to foresee the game changing dramatically overnight which has really depreciated the value of forwards like Klemmer.

Yosh

Coach
He's not worth $800k but at the time we signed him he was arguably the best prop in the game, you can't blame the club for not being able to foresee the game changing dramatically overnight which has really depreciated the value of forwards like Klemmer.

I was super psyed we sign him. Much more than when we signed Pearce. With the information available at the time and taking into consideration that we were literally the worst team ever in the NRL, he was a great buy. I still think he has something to offer but needs to be coached differently. Pass more before the line 30% of the time, back into the line to offer a offload threat 30% and the other 30% of the time go for the charge and post contact metres. The other ten he can do whatever he likes~

ryana87

Juniors
Is there any chance Pearce could be 14 next year

Reduced minutes would help out his ageing legs and injuries... And just play the connar Watson role of roaming and poking his nose through where he can, rather than trying to run the team

Alex28

Coach
He signed a reduced contract for 2022 after last years off field shit. So, no, he isn’t worth $800K next year, which is just as well because he’s on $500K next year.

Knight Tales

Juniors
I said two weeks ago we can’t let Pearce go. Part of me thinks we still can’t yet cos we will make the situation worse. But there is no denying he was not sighted when he should have been yesterday.It was all KP.

Hodgson needs game time. I am a little surprised AOB has been reluctant when Dom Young was allowed to play. Injuries of course were a factor. But now we are left wondering if this kid could have been a point of difference for us.

aqua_duck

Coach
Is there any chance Pearce could be 14 next year

Reduced minutes would help out his ageing legs and injuries... And just play the connar Watson role of roaming and poking his nose through where he can, rather than trying to run the team
May be if he still had the speed and mobility he had a few years back but right now his speed and agility are probably on par if not slightly worse than Klemmer.

Loose Cannon

Bench
For those who enjoy hometown media, today’s Herald had Barry Toohey’s player ratings for yesterday’s game.

Apparently, in Toohey’s judgement, Mitchell Pearce scored 6.5/10.

NRL.com rated him 4, and FoxSports 3.

Burwood

Bench
For those who enjoy hometown media, today’s Herald had Barry Toohey’s player ratings for yesterday’s game.

It’s quite entertaining watching Toohey defend certain players, regardless of form. I know some players cop unfair criticism, but he does seem to be a cheerleader more than reporter sometimes.

Jono078

Referee

Are you able to share some of his other ratings?

I'm going to assume 6.5 is the lowest he gave out of the whole team?

Loose Cannon

Bench
Ponga 8
Tuala 8.5
Mann 5
Best 7.5
Hunt 7
Clifford 7
Pearce 6.5
Jacob 6.5
Brailey 7
Daniel 8