What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

Madrooster

Juniors
Thats all nice however what has he done at SOO level other than f**k shit up?

Go ahead and throw up his NSW stats champ

Firstly I wasn't defending his NSW performances... Champ (love people who use the word champ to conclude their points, reminds me of some school teacher on a power trip). I was just wondering how keyboard hero's can call a NRL player shit wether it be Pearce, Rudder or Shane Perry it always amuses me.

Who else are they going to play there?

Mullen? Had a crack went no better and is always injured, and when NSW have been trying to get the nucleus of a team to stay together over last few years they have stuck with Pearce trying to avoid change.

Reynolds-we all saw how he choked at back end of this year.

Carney as a 7? He's not a 7.

Wallace....
Soward.....

Joker's Wild

Coach
We'll champ, he's been given enough chances and proved he is just not up to it. Anyone else, 5/8 or half, should be afforded the same time to prove themselves yet they all get dumped while Mitchell just keeps rolling on

Mullen was given 1 chance 6 years ago and is 10x the player today

Carney can easily play half.

Hell, even young Reynolds deserves a crack

But you keep burying your head in the sand and ignoring what the majority can all see champ

How can Rorter fans say there is no one else,when no one else is given a chance.
We will never know if any other no 7 could step up as LD's hard on for Pearce is still raging.

Seriously ,could anyone else be worse in attack.

hardbaby

Coach
How can Rorter fans say there is no one else,when no one else is given a chance.
We will never know if any other no 7 could step up as LD's hard on for Pearce is still raging.

Pearce is terrible at Origin level, but credit where credit's due. He obviously gives great blow jobs.

mozza91

Coach
Mullen was given 1 chance 6 years ago and is 10x the player today
I watched that game today and Mullen didn't even have a bad game. He set up a try and his defence was quiet strong. His kicking wasn't great but considering a lot of it was from deep in his own half he did pretty well.

Considering he was 19 or 20 with about 30 games of FG experience and playing out of position he did really well. His performance was better than anything Pearce has done over the last 5 years.

He deserves another crack along with Carney. Pearce and Maloney are not up to it.

hardbaby

Coach
I have no doubt that Mullen is the best half available. As for the five eight, I'd stick with Maloney for another year. He has promise.

Mullen = 0 premierships 0 grand finals, older than Pearce for less reward. 100% loss rate at origin level. Yeah let's pick this dud

Swarzey

Bench
2ictr_zps586d71ba.gif

lol

If only we didn't have a complete f**king idiot at 7. Mullen, Carney, Reynolds, all would have passed/kicked to the wing and scored.

But it's always good for a laugh. Gotta watch the other two :lol:

BennyV

Referee
I have no doubt that Mullen is the best half available. As for the five eight, I'd stick with Maloney for another year. He has promise.

Agree re: Mullen, but fully disagree re: Maloney. Carney is by far he best 5/8 that NSW have. He is superior to Maloney in creativity, vision and ball-playing, probably edges him out in terms of a running game too. Only thing Maloney has over him is goalkicking and the fact that he partners Pearce at club level.

Mullen/Carney is the pair to put a halt on QLDs reign...

hardbaby

Coach
Agree re: Mullen, but fully disagree re: Maloney. Carney is by far he best 5/8 that NSW have. He is superior to Maloney in creativity, vision and ball-playing, probably edges him out in terms of a running game too. Only thing Maloney has over him is goalkicking and the fact that he partners Pearce at club level.

Yeah. Maybe. I'd be happy with that. As long as Pearce isn't there.

moga

Juniors

:lol::lol: Of cousre! that explains why Maloney was the highest points scorer in the NRL with all stats better than Toddies..

BennyV

Referee
:lol::lol: Of cousre! that explains why Maloney was the highest points scorer in the NRL with all stats better than Toddies..

I'll admit, Maloney had a decent season...it was helped by playing inside Jennings and RTS, as well as alongside the likes of SBW, Friend and co (as opposed to Pomeroy, Wright and Morris etc)...but Carney has been among the top 3 5/8s in the comp for quite a while, should be among the first picked for NSW

Swarzey

Bench
Mullen had a few moments. The tackle bust that led to our first 2 point, BJ's two tries, 40/20, repeat set that could have resulted in another try if it was over by a metre of so.

Same goes for Reynolds. Didn't do much but he had his few moments before Souths collapsed. My only concern with Reynolds is that when Souths are in a tight spot, he turns to complete shit where. Might only take one or two brilliant plays to get that confidence back up, but in Origin, you rarely have that option.

Rosetta

Juniors
We could have Sterling and Kenny out there and we would still lose more than we win, 9 is the most important position in modern day Origin and Captain Cam is just way way ahead of the rest, he controls everything.