What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

Think both you lads missed the point, in order to shoot off and sound like condescending pretentious twats ;) I DO NOT rate Pearce at rep level... AT ALL... But what better options do NSW have??? I'm a blue, do you think I like the fact that Pus is picked year after year just because NSW have 0 other options? No.
As a QLDER I would fear A.Reynolds far more ,for the simple fact he has a fantastic short kicking game..
What harm could it do giving the kid a few games to see how he went.
Its not like he could be any less creative than Pearce.

tumbidragon

First Grade
As a QLDER I would fear A.Reynolds far more ,for the simple fact he has a fantastic short kicking game..
What harm could it do giving the kid a few games to see how he went.
Its not like he could be any less creative than Pearce.
Agreed It couldn't hurt to try someone else. Reynolds definitely has a better kicking game than Pearce, but imo falls behind Pearce in all other areas. Qld would pick him to pieces in defense all day. Not to mention that Reynolds fails even in the kicking department with the smallest amount of kick pressure, which Qld. are notoriously great at doing to opponents.
Either way I can't see NSW winning a series with any options in the halves that they currently posses. Whereas Queensland have the next gen halves all ready to go :x

Think both you lads missed the point, in order to shoot off and sound like condescending pretentious twats ;) I DO NOT rate Pearce at rep level... AT ALL... But what better options do NSW have??? I'm a blue, do you think I like the fact that Pus is picked year after year just because NSW have 0 other options? No.

The shoe is truly on the other foot.

The point that you are missing is: Pearce is the only player under consideration. Conversing about 'options' is another red herring.

tumbidragon

First Grade
The shoe is truly on the other foot.

The point that you are missing is: Pearce is the only player under consideration. Conversing about 'options' is another red herring.
I'm not missing that point at all. I know full well Pearce is for some reason the darling of NSW selectors... Hence the reason I stated "but can you really see him being selected over Pearce". Probably should of worded It "can you see the selectors picking anyone over Pearce" to make It more clear.

BennyV

Referee

NSW have Todd Carney and Jarrod Mullen - they may not be a Cronk/Thurston but together they possess all the tools to steer NSW to a series win and they are miles ahead of Pearce abd Maloney. Hell, Carneys running game alone would have won us the series this year, and Mullen has a better kicking game than the current halves put together. Who cares if they both play 5/8, slap a 7 on one of them and they'll make it work..

People suggesting that Pearce and Reynolds are the only options are incredibly short-sighted. By 2015 you'll probably see Sezer, Kelly and Williams throwing their names into the ring too..

tumbidragon

First Grade
NSW have Todd Carney and Jarrod Mullen - they may not be a Cronk/Thurston but together they possess all the tools to steer NSW to a series win and they are miles ahead of Pearce abd Maloney. Hell, Carneys running game alone would have won us the series this year, and Mullen has a better kicking game than the current halves put together. Who cares if they both play 5/8, slap a 7 on one of them and they'll make it work..

People suggesting that Pearce and Reynolds are the only options are incredibly short-sighted. By 2015 you'll probably see Sezer, Kelly and Williams throwing their names into the ring too..
Good point. Very excited about Kelly as a prospect. He is dead set freakish with the ball in hand.

Jason Maher

Immortal
RecordBreakingMoron and PhilMcGroin have nothing else to give meaning to their lives aside from pointing out that Pearce is shit ad nauseum. Let them have their fun.

Madrooster

Juniors
Keyboard hero's calling premiership winning NRL players crap. HILLARIOUS!

All he's done by age 24. Going alright I'd say.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Shane Perry and Sean Rudder have won premierships too

Pearce has failed at SOO and needs to be moved on. How anyone can defend his NSW selection after years of this is beyond the realms of sanity

Madrooster

Juniors
Shane Perry and Sean Rudder have won premierships too

Pearce has failed at SOO and needs to be moved on. How anyone can defend his NSW selection after years of this is beyond the realms of sanity

What's your point? Did either of them play 154 NRL games come age 24?

How many players haven't won a premiership who starred in origin/tests? Am sure Perry, Rudder and Pearce etc sleep easy at night hearing never has beens critiquing them.

Top 5 line break and try assists consistently over years suggests Pearce goes alright.

_snafu_

Immortal
2ictr_zps586d71ba.gif

lol

Joker's Wild

Coach
What's your point? Did either of them play 154 NRL games come age 24?

How many players haven't won a premiership who starred in origin/tests? Am sure Perry, Rudder and Pearce etc sleep easy at night hearing never has beens critiquing them.

Top 5 line break and try assists consistently over years suggests Pearce goes alright.

Thats all nice however what has he done at SOO level other than f**k shit up?

Go ahead and throw up his NSW stats champ