What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

RedVDragon

Juniors
Pearce is crap. The premiership wasn't his it was SBW. Just came along for the ride. Will go down in history as the most overrated half in the comp in fact he will quickly be forgotten.

big hit!

Bench
Why leave him alone he deserves all he gets and more. Very overrated. Has people in high places that look out for him. As long as NSW pick players that belong to the old boys club then we win never be a dominate force.

so why don't you focus your childish taunting to persons who actually select the players?

or would you prefer players that get selected to play to just simply trash the honour of representing the state, like Jamie Lyon did?

thanks to guys like Gallen, Farah, Bird, Scott, etc, the culture of NSW origin is as low as it can get is I guess. but because their selfish stats look good, they continue to get a free ride. their reluctance to play for the team has been the issue for many years.

it's time to move on from this era, and I don't just mean the players. It starts with the inner workings of NSW origin. What is needed are guys of the stature of past heros to enter the realm and restore the honour of representing NSW, playing for the state, and most importantly, drill into the young players that must be selected next season that their performance is only as good as the team's. Unfortunately, the incumbent players over the last few years have only been concerned about their stature and keeping their Origin career alive rather than winning Origin games.

When NSW Origin employ new management and support, and when NSW blood the next generation, at least those 4 players mentioned above, & Pearce, and probably one or two others of the most recent 17 that got smashed, must not be selected. They cannot infect the new generation. The disease of selfishness and entitlement must end now. NSW Origin need a clean slate. It may not bring a series win next year, but it will be beneficial for NSW in the longer term if transition is managed correctly.

soc123_au

Staff member
so why don't you focus your childish taunting to persons who actually select the players?

or would you prefer players that get selected to play to just simply trash the honour of representing the state, like Jamie Lyon did?

thanks to guys like Gallen, Farah, Bird, Scott, etc, the culture of NSW origin is as low as it can get is I guess. but because their selfish stats look good, they continue to get a free ride. their reluctance to play for the team has been the issue for many years.

it's time to move on from this era, and I don't just mean the players. It starts with the inner workings of NSW origin. What is needed are guys of the stature of past heros to enter the realm and restore the honour of representing NSW, playing for the state, and most importantly, drill into the young players that must be selected next season that their performance is only as good as the team's. Unfortunately, the incumbent players over the last few years have only been concerned about their stature and keeping their Origin career alive rather than winning Origin games.

When NSW Origin employ new management and support, and when NSW blood the next generation, at least those 4 players mentioned above, & Pearce, and probably one or two others of the most recent 17 that got smashed, must not be selected. They cannot infect the new generation. The disease of selfishness and entitlement must end now. NSW Origin need a clean slate. It may not bring a series win next year, but it will be beneficial for NSW in the longer term if transition is managed correctly.

Hello Gus.

soc123_au

Staff member
I dont disagree mate. Any new signings for us? Well done with the kiddie from the Tigers, he looks an exciting prospect.

grouch

First Grade
2ictr_zps586d71ba.gif

lol

Which R do you feel today? Relief or regret, that you'll never see the likes of this again

:(

SBD82

Coach
It's instinct - you can't teach that.

I'm not so sure.

Mary is doing a pretty good job of teaching this kind of play to his international halfs.

They're not quite at this level yet, but with drive, determination, commitment and the proper coach they will soon reach this level of derp.

Last edited:

billygilmore

Juniors
If we lose the first game, I suspect we'll see him this year.

Lol, this is so true. I can see the SOS now going out to the NSW's saviour for game 2, newspapers filled with Pearce's redemption stories and how he's finally ready to step up and fulfill his potential, 15 mins of pre game garbage about how NSW's can only win if Pearce plays well.

SBD82

Coach
lol, this is so true. I can see the sos now going out to the nsw's saviour for game 2, newspapers filled with pearce's redemption stories and how he's finally ready to step up and fulfill his potential, 15 mins of pre game garbage about how nsw's can only win if pearce plays well.

image.jpg

SBD82

Coach
the same old NSW philosophy that a win or loss comes solely based on the halves.

no wonder the blues have lost 9 out of the last 10 series.

Who in NSW has this philosophy?

The selectors who have stuck with the same shitbag half for years obviously don't.

The people who want him gone know there are other factors, but even when the forwards lay the platform that steaming stinking pile of pretend origin halfback does nothing with it. I don't want him to do everything. But if he could do his job at least adequately it'd be a healthy start.

Tweed Titan

Bench

The selectors who have stuck with the same shitbag half for years obviously don't.

The people who want him gone know there are other factors, but even when the forwards lay the platform that steaming stinking pile of pretend origin halfback does nothing with it. I don't want him to do everything. But if he could do his job at least adequately it'd be a healthy start.

+1

typicalfan

Coach
Game 1 last year is on the halves. The forwards won the battle yet we couldn't ice the game. We go on to win game 2. The halves haven't lost us every game but there have been quite a few key games where this has happened.

BranVan3000

Coach
Game 1 last year is on the halves. The forwards won the battle yet we couldn't ice the game. We go on to win game 2. The halves haven't lost us every game but there have been quite a few key games where this has happened.

Reynolds probably won't win us the game but he should keep pressure on until they crack. Hoping Maloney and Moylan can really do some game breaking stuff

It should be similar to the 2014 halves combo. Role playing halves who do the job without getting in the way. Pearce's biggest problem has been that he gets in the way, drops the ball and has been a genuine momentum killer

Valheru

Coach

Who has that philosophy?

The majority of NSW fans do, Pearce has copped the sole blame for all origin defeats he has been a part of. You may be smart enough to know there are other factors but that would put you in the top 2 percentile of NSW fans.

betcats

Referee
Pearce has played 10 origins? 12? Has he ever stood up and had a big game? I don't think so. How many tries has he scored in that time? I can think of 1 back in 2010 or around that time. Im not even going to ask about try assists, less than five im sure.

He has been a complete failure at this level, sure our team has been losing for a lot of that time but we have been in games with the field position and forward battle at times over the years and Pearce could never take any of those chances. His form has never been adequate no matter what the rest of the team were doing. A complete and utter failure, he is one of the most experienced orgin 7s ever and even last year game 1 he couldn't work out how to win the game when it was there to be won, you cant blame the team for that as we were right in that one until we needed a half to step up/.

Last edited:

Latest posts