What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

Danish

Referee
Amazing how much easier it is to defend against Queensland when they don't have a 14 vs 12 advantage

Give it up. Pearce is a shit Origin player. He has proven that over a decade of games in varying circumstances. Throw in a series win without him as the nail in the coffin.

If youre still not convinced or think he has improved, look at the 30 minutes he missed for NSW this series and compare it to every minute he has played. Look at his try assists and linebreak assists behind a dominant forward pack with a superior backline.

Stats tell the story. Pearce is the worst Origin half in history. I mean the odds are he should have atleast fluked a series win by now.

If he gets dropped thats his only way to be part of a winning series.

Maybe he'd have "fluked" a series in 2012 when we lost the decider by a point after the infamous hodges obstruction try?

Or perhaps again when he set up and scored what would have been series winning try only to be called back for a non-forward pass?

Or maybe he'd be sitting on a series win now if not for a touchie unable to see a foot on a line?

QLD have fluked (through stone cold referee blunders) 2-3 series in their run, and most of those were when Pearce was in the 7.

Again, I've never claimed Pearce to be some superstar, I just find it laughable that blues fans are so blinded by hatred and the need to create a scapegoat when it comes to the guy

adamkungl

Immortal
So let me get this straight:

If Pearce does his job, Hayne passes to Morris to go 20-6 up?

If Pearce does his job Graham doesn't strip the ball with 5 to go giving Qld a ride down field for Gagai to score?

People in this thread have already said that other players mistakes are directly Pearce's fault. Don't bother. Deranged.

OldPanther

Coach

If Pearce does his job Graham doesn't strip the ball with 5 to go giving Qld a ride down field for Gagai to score?

No. If he does his job we look like a football team in the last 15 minutes. He's the guy who's suppose to organise the team.

mxlegend99

Referee
People in this thread have already said that other players mistakes are directly Pearce's fault. Don't bother. Deranged.
Pearce turns those around him to shit. He is a cancer that slowly destroys a team.

It seems removing him at the 50 minute mark is the only cure to win with him.

Knightmare

Coach
If you honestly think having Hayne at fullback for games 2 and 3 in 2013 wouldn't have meant NSW win that series - remember, we lost the decider based on an easy conversion miss by Maloney - then you are kidding yourself.

I've never claimed Pearce to be a great origin player, or even a very good one. He has simply been the best option the blues have had in the years he was selected.

Or maybe it was when Pearce had the ball 10 metres out and (with an overlap on his right who virtually just needed the ball passed to them to score), he instead committed himself to putting in a grubber kick which he proceeded to knock on...

Aside from the ability to dart over the line and score after receiving an offload or having a reasonable defensive game, I don't see what Pearce brings to the NSW team that other eligible halves wouldn't? It's certainly not the ability to get repeat sets or put in kicks that trouble Qld close to their line...

Hutty1986

Immortal
Maybe he'd have "fluked" a series in 2012 when we lost the decider by a point after the infamous hodges obstruction try?

Or perhaps again when he set up and scored what would have been series winning try only to be called back for a non-forward pass?

Or maybe he'd be sitting on a series win now if not for a touchie unable to see a foot on a line?

QLD have fluked (through stone cold referee blunders) 2-3 series in their run, and most of those were when Pearce was in the 7.

Again, I've never claimed Pearce to be some superstar, I just find it laughable that blues fans are so blinded by hatred and the need to create a scapegoat when it comes to the guy
No no no no. Big Pete told us all that qld were always in complete control of each and every one of those series wins, and they were actually not close at all.

myrrh ken

First Grade

if Pearce does his job he creates at least one try assist out of his 54 passes or 13 kicks.

Valheru

Coach

Let's not forget the 2014 sam thaiday no try in game 2 that would have put qld up by 10. A very lucky decision for NSW.

Valheru

Coach
It's such a bad pass at Hayne's knees, a bad option because Hayne was covered as well.

That's one mistake he did make. NSW were able to defend that and have qld pegged on their own 10m line at tackle 3 with 7 minutes to go and then Mitchell Pearce forced wade graham to make a ridiculous strip.. apparently.

Valheru

Coach

Yes

Tedesco doesn't make a miracle try in game 1 nor does qld drop the ball on their owm line if Pearce doesn't leave the field apparently.

OldPanther

Coach
That's one mistake he did make. NSW were able to defend that and have qld pegged on their own 10m line at tackle 3 with 7 minutes to go and then Mitchell Pearce forced wade graham to make a ridiculous strip.. apparently.

Twisting peoples words doesn't do much for the discussion.

Danish

Referee
Or maybe it was when Pearce had the ball 10 metres out and (with an overlap on his right who virtually just needed the ball passed to them to score), he instead committed himself to putting in a grubber kick which he proceeded to knock on...

Aside from the ability to dart over the line and score after receiving an offload or having a reasonable defensive game, I don't see what Pearce brings to the NSW team that other eligible halves wouldn't? It's certainly not the ability to get repeat sets or put in kicks that trouble Qld close to their line...

Yes that 1 time her murdered an overlap was terrible. I doubt anyone will disagree with that.

Odd that for a guy that has apparently spent 16 games raping the hearts and minds of blues fans whenever asked to present an example of Pearce doing something bad this is the only go to people actually have.

It couldn't be that outside of that one barney he's just been an average member of the side, could it?

Yes that 1 time her murdered an overlap was terrible. I doubt anyone will disagree with that.

Odd that for a guy that has apparently spent 16 games raping the hearts and minds of blues fans whenever asked to present an example of Pearce doing something bad this is the only go to people actually have.

It couldn't be that outside of that one barney he's just been an average member of the side, could it?
Name some good moments. That dont involve backing up...which he does well

Danish

Referee
Yes Mitchell Pearce is just extremely unlucky....

Because 17 chances just isn't enough to make your own luck.

Pearces winning percentage in origin is on par with any other player over the same period. He's had neither a negative or positive effect on our chances while in the Blues jersey.

It is the Blues as a whole who have been desperately unlucky (or outright robbed on a couple occasions) to not have another 2-3 series wins in the last 10 years. There has been at least 4, maybe even 5 series in that time decided by a single call (whether the call was right or not largely dependant on if you live north or south of the tweed)

POPEYE

Coach
No no no no. Big Pete told us all that qld were always in complete control of each and every one of those series wins, and they were actually not close at all.
This is the wrong thread in which to tell people Origin games are close

OldPanther

Coach

1 time only eh.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...ggmMAI&usg=AFQjCNHvBAD7CUVT4nRx2LKujqyLVBnYiQ

Somebody going by the handle 'QwidgyboMan' has compiled and uploaded a video to YouTube of Mitchell Pearce's State of Origin blunders over the years.

We assume QwidgyboMan is a Queensland supporter but then again…

The scary thing is he found enough stuff-ups for a full SIX minutes of vision!

Let's hope for Pearce's sake that Laurie Daley is not browsing YouTube anytime in the next few days.

-

The video isn't around anymore but it's clear there is more than 1.

Latest posts