What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

Yes, I wish Mitchell Pearce the club player would play for my club.

However I wish he didn't play for my state team.

I am excited to see your tune change when Pearce produces another dominant display to lead NSW to victory.

I'd have him at Penrith. Provided Gowie came in as halves coach. While the rest of the team is off on road runs, Gowie can chase Pearce around Panthers car park in a golf cart.

The fittest half in the NRL getting even fitter? Sounds good.

mxlegend99

Referee
NSW won a series because Cronk broke his arm
We won because Pearce wasn't in the team.

Cronk breaking his arm helped, but if we had Pearce he would never have come up with a match winning play. Hodkinson is shit, but he managed to do 2 things Pearce never will. Being the man to win a game and being part of a series win.

The QLD 2014 side of was still great. Inglis and Hodges in the centres, Boyd/Tate/Chambers on wings, Slater at fullback, Thurston in halves, younger and fitter Scott, Thaiday, Parker, Teo, Papali etc. in the pack.

It f**king shits on the team Pearce couldnt beat. Game 1 was iced after Pearce left the field, Game 2 was lost because Pearce is the worst half ever at this level. No try or linebreak assists in this Origin series yet. His only contribution to the scoreboard in any area is backing up linebreaks he had no involvement with to score.

Maloney needs a half that is a threat to help bring out the best in himself. Thats mot Pearce. He makes QLD feel confident they will win as they know he cant come up with a match winning play.

We have never won a game because of Pearce. Every game he plays he is interchangeable with any half in the competition and the only difference is we might score more points.

POPEYE

Coach
We won because Pearce wasn't in the team.

Cronk breaking his arm helped, but if we had Pearce he would never have come up with a match winning play.

The QLD 2014 side of was still great. Inglis and Hodges in the centres, Boyd/Tate/Chambers on wings, Slater at fullback, Thurston in halves, younger and fitter Scott, Thaiday, Parker, Teo, Papali etc. in the pack.

It f**king shits on the team Pearce couldnt beat. Game 1 was iced after Pearce left the field, Game 2 was lost because Pearce is the worst half ever at this level. No try or linebreak assists in this Origin series yet. His only contribution to the scoreboard in any area is backing up linebreaks he had no involvement with to score.

Maloney needs a half that is a threat to help bring out the best in himself. Thats mot Pearce. He makes QLD feel confident they will win as they know he cant come up with a match winning play.
Don't mind me, I'm just skimming stones across the Pearce pond, what you say is a fair summation. It has to be remembered however that the difference more often than not between the teams is the bounce of the ball . . . it takes special players to keep it on a string

mxlegend99

Referee
Pearce will probably be the only player in history to have been given so many chances and never deliver.

Not through a lack of talent. He's a good halfback at club level. But because for some reason that sky blue jersey is his kryptonite.

Or maybe its the QLD jersey that makes him weak. Hard to say. But its the one level he cant play well at.

POPEYE

Coach
Pearce will probably be the only player in history to have been given so many chances and never deliver.

Not through a lack of talent. He's a good halfback at club level. But because for some reason that sky blue jersey is his kryptonite.

Or maybe its the QLD jersey that makes him weak. Hard to say. But its the one level he cant play well at.
Lot of ifs and buts ol' mate. If the wonderboy Pearce was as a junior, every bit as touted as Pongia is now, was beginning his 1st grade career he wouldn't have to face the current Qld'r spine. Which other #7's would have done any better against them

If Pearce had of began his career at Melbourne and been manufactured the way Cronk was, instead of the shit Rooster coaches before Robbo, would he be a Cronk replica

soc123_au

Staff member
We have a lot more to thank than Pearce being unavailable in 2014. Cronk's broken arm rates a mention, but Dave Taylor also certainly helped.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Lol. So qld lost that series because cronk wasn't there.

Well why are his mates who were there - smith, slater, Thurston - being touted as 'immortals'? Or blokes like GI, Boyd etc called greats? Surely if you're that good one player being injured doesn't mean you can't win.

Either cronk is the greatest player of all time, the other Queensland 'legends' can't function without him or imbeciles like pops don't know what they're talking about when they trot out this shit.

I'll go option 3.

DiegoNT

First Grade
We have a lot more to thank than Pearce being unavailable in 2014. Cronk's broken arm rates a mention, but Dave Taylor also certainly helped.

I believe dave Taylor threw the ball over the line in the 58th minute. Hodkinson strolled over in the 72nd minute. In the 14 minutes inbetween Queensland didn't receive the ball. With Pearce's 17 origins as evidence do you really think we would have deprived qld of the ball so much that they'd crack? He would have kicked a shit bomb either over the deadball or for an easy catch by a winger. If that didn't happen he would have thrown a pressure hospital pass to a centre or 2nd rower through a rush of blood trying to force a miracle play.

When hodkinsons oppurtunity opened up he didn't panic, he literally walked over the line. I would imagine Pearce would have panicked, tried to put a grubber kick in and tripped over his own feet. Why can i imagine that? Because that's what happened when pearce had such an easy oppurtunity open up in front of him the year before.

mxlegend99

Referee
The frustrating thing is, if Pearce finally has a good game after 18 attempts he will be touted as a hero and cement his spot for the next 5+ years easy.
Dont worry. Its not possible.

We will lose the series. He will be shit. But still get picked the next 5 years and the excuse will be he has matured, this is now his team, he wont have Maloney holding him back etc.

Farah and Gallen copped the blamefor him being useless. But they bothwon a series. With Trent Merrin, James Tamou, Wll Hopoate, Daniel Toupou etc among the team.

OldPanther

Coach

We will lose the series. He will be shit. But still get picked the next 5 years and the excuse will be he has matured, this is now his team, he wont have Maloney holding him back etc.

Farah and Gallen copped the blamefor him being useless. But they bothwon a series. With Trent Merrin, James Tamou, Wll Hopoate, Daniel Toupou etc among the team.

Hayne will get blamed as well.

Life's Good

Coach
Pearce just keeps on winning. Good time to be Rooster ya butplugs.
You must be new here. Pearce at club level is fine. No question. Good enough for a shot at Origin. Just not good enough for repeated selection after multiple Origin failures when others in less critical positions, with a higher level of Origin achievement(hello Luke Lewis) aren't selected. I don't own a dog or wear a yellow dress so have no skin in the game, just my opinion.

Saxon

Bench
Lol. So qld lost that series because cronk wasn't there.

Well why are his mates who were there - smith, slater, Thurston - being touted as 'immortals'? Or blokes like GI, Boyd etc called greats? Surely if you're that good one player being injured doesn't mean you can't win.

Either cronk is the greatest player of all time, the other Queensland 'legends' can't function without him or imbeciles like pops don't know what they're talking about when they trot out this shit.

I'll go option 3.

No, Cronk isn't the greatest of all time, not even the greatest halfback.
What he is, is incredibly detailed and practiced. He works to a plan. Thurston on the other hand is an opportunist and plays a free flowing, unstructured game. Together, the two of them form an outstanding combination. Similar to how he works with Morgan - this is a major contributing factor in the Cowboys recent successful years.

Cherry-Evans is is a similar mould to Thurston, although not as talented. So when Cronk went off, the basic game structure went out the window. Also (my personal opinion) DCE tried to take over the prime playmaker role and denied Thurston the freedom to play his natural game.

So, QLD lost the series not just because Cronk was injured, but because DCE was the wrong fit for that side.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Roosters fan still trying to defend the indefensible.
Pearce just plain sucks when he puts on a NSW jersey.
History doesn't lie.

King hit

Coach

What will you say if the Blues do win the series?

I don't think Pearce has been to bad in this series. It wasn't his fault we chocked and blew the game in Sydney.

Latest posts