What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MLB Postseason 2008

MSH

Juniors
After 162 games of the regular season for each teams, we are now heading into the October postseason in the Major League Baseball.

However after those 162 games the Chicago White Sox and Minnesota Twins are tied in the NL Central, so will have a one-game tiebreaker on Wednesday to decide who goes through to the Divisional Series.

American League Divisonal Series
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim v. Boston Red Sox
Tampa Bay Rays v. Chicago or Minnesota

National League Divisonal Series
Philadelphia Phillies v. Milwaukee Brewers
Chicago Cubs v. Los Angeles Dodgers

5 game series in each series, winners advance to play each other in the League Championship Series (7 game series), then winners to the World Series!

My hope is for the Cubs, 100 years without a World Series and haven't gone to the finale since 1945. Go Cubs!!

First time since St Girls Name that the mighty Yankees missed the play offs, so I'm hoping the Cubs can win it. My predictions

Angels bt Dead Sox 3-0 (wouldn't that be sweet)
Devil Rays bt White Sox 3-1

Phillies bt Brewers 3-1
Dodgers bt Cubs 3-2

Angels bt Devil Rays 4-2
Dodgers bt Phillies 4-3

Angels bt Dodgers (LA Showdown) 4-3

MSH

Juniors
Going for a Freeway Series, that would be something! Today the Chicago White Sox defeated Minnesota in a tiebreaker game for the AL Central. The White Sox are AL Central Champs and go through to the ALDS againest Tampa Bay.

Let the Post Season begin!

Red Sox 4 def Angels 1 (BOS lead 1-0)
Dodgers 7 def Cubs 2 (LA lead 1-0)
Phillies 3 def Brewers 1 (PHI lead 1-0)

White Sox vs Devil Rays starts tomorrow

I am hoping for a Tampa vs Cubs World Series with Tampa winning

OH the angst among Cubs supporters if that happened!

They haven't won for 100 years and then to get beaten by a team that has only been in existence for ten years and has sucked for each of those ten years except this one. Ha ha ha ... hilarity to follow.

MSH

Juniors
Rays won Game 1 in there series this morning, 6-4 over Chicago White Sox. 2 matches for the remainder of today, Milwaukee at Philadelphia (Phillies lead 1-0), and Los Angeles Dodgers at Chicago Cubs (Dodgers lead 1-0).

Todays scores
Rays 6 def Sox 4 (Rays lead series 1-0)
Phillies 5 def Brewers 2 (Phillies lead 2-0)
Dodgers 10 def Cubs 3 (Dodgers lead 2-0)

Jono Russell

Bench
Red Sox currently leading 4 - 1 top of the 3rd.

I am loving this and can see another Red Sox championship coming on.

Tampa won 6-2 earlier today and lead the series 2-0

if the Dead Sox win here we could see all the first round of the post season all end in sweeps. How long since that has happened?

Brewers got up today to keep the series alive.

Cubs are in deep trouble down 3-0 in the bottom of the 6th in LA.

MSH

Juniors
All over for the Cubs, winning 97 games through the regular season then lose to the Dodgers in a sweep. The Phillys advanced after winning over Milwaukee today. Rays lead White Sox 2-1 and Boston currently behind in the 12th againest Los Angeles.

So the NLCS will be Philadelphia v. Los Angeles Dodgers, winner through the 7 game series into the World Series.

MSH

Juniors
Angels beat Boston to stay alive in there series, winning in 12 innings. Boston lead the series 2-1.

Angels beat Boston to stay alive in there series, winning in 12 innings. Boston lead the series 2-1.

Wishful thinking. Lowrie brings the Red Sox home in the bottom of the 9th to set up an ALCS showdown with the Rays. Bye, bye Haloes.

Should be a good series against the Rays.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
come on reds give me something to cheer about in sport this year again all my teams been killed

Patriots - Gone
Knights - Gone
Gunners - Gone
Swans - Gone
Red Sox - ?

NLCS
LA Dodgers vs Philadelphia Phillies

ALCS
Boston Red Sox vs Tampa Bay Devil Rays

my tips in bold (LA in 5, TB in 6)

Jono Russell

Bench
come on reds give me something to cheer about in sport this year again all my teams been killed

Patriots - Gone
Knights - Gone
Gunners - Gone
Swans - Gone
Red Sox - ?

The Sox had an average year by their standards but they always lift come playoff time. They will Take the Ray's in 5.