What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moi Moi Gone.

renouf

Juniors
He hit him twice in the space of 5mins.. very high, does he have to hit him a 3rd time for it to be obvious? Barnes was Brisbane's attack on friday nite.. get rid of him, there goes Brisbane

The Colonel

Immortal
renouf said:
He hit him twice in the space of 5mins.. very high, does he have to hit him a 3rd time for it to be obvious? Barnes was Brisbane's attack on friday nite.. get rid of him, there goes Brisbane

Still waiting for the proof that both hits were intentional. The second was an accident and was treated as such by the judiciary.

Mr Saab

Referee
Kornstar said:
Why would we want Fui to clean up Barnes? He isn't that good!!! If the same thing was done to Lockyer you could argue that but Barnes, the kid can play but he certainly was no threat to us........

he is no superstar, but he was doing a good job for the broncos on fri night.
I dont agree with renouf that it was intentional, but he did target him.

mickdo

Coach
renouf said:
Now you are really clutching :lol:
Tackling the same player twice within 5 minutes where the player was falling both times means he was trying to take him out :lol:
Have a look at Webb's hit on the weekend, now THAT was intentional.

mickdo

Coach
Charlie Saab said:
Target him??? He was in the defensive line both times and the guy is running past him after several passes and a line break! Do you think he was following him through the whole play both times just in case he got the ball, moving along our defensive line leaving holes everywhere??? You have really lost your way now :lol:

strider

Post Whore
renouf said:

SO Tony Carrol was trying to take Tim Smith out all night too then? - cos he hit him several times - only Tim was always on his feet stnding upright - his head wasn't 3 feet off the ground as Barnes was on BOTH occassions.

The Colonel

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:

As did the Brisbane forwards target Smith. Your play revolves around the halves... to not do so would be ridiculous.

Kornstar

Coach
Of course he was targetting him, you guys were targetting Timmy, i mean when he put that grubber through and i think it was Costigan who took him out, that was like 7 seconds after he hit him, then Carroll pounded him too, you weren't trying to take him out but you were trying to dent his confidence, unfortunately it didn't work cause then he destroyed you.

Fui was being too aggressive (which is allowed in the game) and unfortunately got Barnes in a an awkward position. It would not have been intentional as anyone who knows footy would know that Brian Smith would not tolerate that in his club!

Mr Saab

Referee
big difference between legal and illegal though.
Brisbane players have not been charged with anything.
TC hit Smith hit hard..very hard, but it was legal.
What Fui did was not on 2 occasions.

Charlie Saab said:
mulder...it was not for the tackle placed on report...it was for his hit previous to that.
It was
late, and a player who didnt have the ball
high
swinging arm
reckless

I am sure if Tonie Carroll did the same thing to Tim Smith you would want blood!

He was charged for the original one put on report, I believe.

The other tackle you are talking about, barnes had the ball, and fui fui came across in cover. Barnes was falling at the time and Fui was as well. However, I think this one was more of a swinging arm than the one put on report.

As for your other comment - it is well known in evolutionary circles, that apes are very good at swinging arms - therefore, Toni Carroll would be a natural for this. It is also well known, that he is the missing link.

Time to move on Charlie.

Charlie Saab said:
big difference between legal and illegal though.
Brisbane players have not been charged with anything.
TC hit Smith hit hard..very hard, but it was legal.
What Fui did was not on 2 occasions.

on 2 occasions ha, y was he onbly charged for one then?

Mr Saab

Referee
NorthShoreEel said:
He was charged for the original one put on report I believe.

The other tackle you are talking about, barnes had the ball, and fui fui came across in cover. Barnes was falling at the time and Fui was as well. However, I think this one was more of a swinging arm than the one put on report.

As for your other comment - it is well known in evolutionary circles, that apes are very good at swinging arms - therefore, Toni Carroll would be a natural for this. It is also well known, that he is the missing link.

Time to move on Charlie.

do you know how to read? Moi Moi was not charged for the one placed on report...he was charged with the one everyone missed some minutes earlier.

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
Right so this Press Conferance was to say what that Nathan is alright and recovery looks to be only 3 weeks away.

it appears that as report in 2pm news states that he's out for UP!!..to 3 weeks.
better than expected?

Mr Saab

Referee
parraitdoesmatta said:
on 2 occasions ha, y was he onbly charged for one then?

one was penalty worthy, the other was suspension worthy...both still illegal.

The Colonel

Immortal
NorthShoreEel said:
He was charged for the original one put on report I believe.

Time to move on Charlie.

He wasn't charged with the one he was reported for. He was charged with the late and high hit.

No.11

Juniors
Renouf's logic:

Grothe was targeting Minto
Burt was Targeting Bott
B.Smith was targeting Tate

Wat a drop-kick, tackling someone is not taking them out, its a part of the game.
If barnes couldnt handle the heat he should have never gone into the kitchen.
Hes soft, and perfect for rugby union

The Colonel

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
do you know how to read?

There is a nice, polite way of telling people they are wrong and should read other posts so as not to cause arguments....... ;-)

Mr Saab

Referee
point taken, but this has been going on all day so you would hope they are informed of the facts