What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moltz staying

Dragons01

First Grade
Molt had a contract for 2012. He said before the st George announcement he wanted to stay a tiger. He was let go due to salary cap. It is clear now the tigers want him . It is clear he wants to stay . It's unanswerable that at this stage the dragons are demanding he play for them when he at this stage does not Want too .

The saints put out an epic public media release on molt issue. How is that "not conducting business through the media" in any event , what does it matter if they use the media or not ? Saints could have said nothing publicly . There is no pressing need. No games for months.

Moltzen wants to stay. The tigers are supporting him because they want him to stay. I think it says more about st George. How bad a club must it be that a player will not Want to Go there on a long term deal with better money ? Again it comes back to why does st George Want a player who does not want them ? And why does nt a player want to go to a club offering so much better deal ?

No Saints did not put out an epic media release they put a statement on their website and rightly provided their members with an email detailing the full facts. Humphires is the only one over the last few weeks that has been talking to the media.

No games for months - maybe that is how the Tigers look at things but as Doust has stated Saints would like to finalise their 2012 playing roster and have everything sorted before pre-season training starts in a few weeks. If Moltzen doesn't come Saints are a player down but hey the season doesn't start for months right!!!

The Tigers are supporting him because he wants to stay - you cannot be serious - he always wanted to stay so where was the Tigers support then back in July when they told him to look around?

It has gone past a club wanting a player that does not want to go there. What Saints are now supposed to say 'ok Tigers you can go back on your word, everythings fine?'. Depending how this pans out, it will change the way players and managers sign contracts from now on. The 'deed of release' is in place as a protection for players going from one club to another, if that is needed by a new club before they have signed the new player then the player in question has not protection what so ever.

incomparable

Juniors
Times Dragons aired out their laundry? Once. Tigers? How long have you got? How many quotes has doust made over the last two weeks compared to Humphrey b bear?
No pressing need? Are you for real, pre season starts in just over three weeks.
How bad does it look for a club to expect a player to honour a contract they signed less than six months ago? Is say pretty fair.

How bad does it look to see a club to sign a player who didn't have a release from his current contract verbally or in writing to announce that he's playing for us next year just hours before he was playing.
Honouring contracts????? Funny, I thought Timmy had one with the tigers until the end of the 2012 season.

Dragons01

First Grade
Do some of you supporters even read the details. The only thing Moltzen didn't have was his' deed of release'. He had the release verbally otherwise him and his manager would not have been shopping around for a new club. Everyone at the Tigers knew Moltzen was going including Tim Sheens, Benji and other Tiger players except it seems for Humphries. As for the 'deed of release' Newcastle don't have one yet for Darius Boyd, but you won't see Saints stopping Boyd from getting out of his 2012 contract.

As for the timing of the announcement, it was a couple of lines released to the media really it was not some big press conference involving tv stations and so on. Again Humphries, Sheens and Moltzen all knew that Saints were announcing the signing on the Friday afternoon. Sheens actually blew up when asked in the press conference that night if the announcement affected the Tiger players - Sheens response was along the lines of 'the players need to get over themselves'. Sheens certainly did not use it as an excuse, again it was Humphries.

Last edited:

andrew9148

Juniors
No Saints did not put out an epic media release they put a statement on their website and rightly provided their members with an email detailing the full facts. Humphires is the only one over the last few weeks that has been talking to the media.

No games for months - maybe that is how the Tigers look at things but as Doust has stated Saints would like to finalise their 2012 playing roster and have everything sorted before pre-season training starts in a few weeks. If Moltzen doesn't come Saints are a player down but hey the season doesn't start for months right!!!

The Tigers are supporting him because he wants to stay - you cannot be serious - he always wanted to stay so where was the Tigers support then back in July when they told him to look around?

It has gone past a club wanting a player that does not want to go there. What Saints are now supposed to say 'ok Tigers you can go back on your word, everythings fine?'. Depending how this pans out, it will change the way players and managers sign contracts from now on. The 'deed of release' is in place as a protection for players going from one club to another, if that is needed by a new club before they have signed the new player then the player in question has not protection what so ever.

Are you seriously all there ? Publishing a book on their website about this which the saints knew full well would be picked up in the media is not talking-to the media but hump saying a few things to a journo is ? Dragons made a public announcement. It was intended for the media. If they wanted to "keep it out of the media" they would have said nothing. There is nO law making them say anything. They have chosen to broadcast this.

I agree the saints should not just say "no worries" and let Tim stay a tiger. They should sue or seek another player. They should think twice ABout getting a player that dies not want to go.

There are no games for six months.

Who cares really he is a piss poor Tigers reject why the club want him is beyond me Vidot is a better signing, as matter of fact every other signing is better.

If you want to stay Tim just say so I am sure you wanker mate Benji will have a cry if you go you belong to that piece of crap club.

Its funny though I have never heard a word from Gibbs or Fifita who both go the arse to sign that over rated turd Blair what makes them any different.

TYGA

Juniors
I can't see a team as strong as the Dragons taking him if he does not want to go expect him at the Tigers next season. Actually very surprised Doust is forcing the issue, probably about cash compensation.

andrew9148

Juniors
I can't see a team as strong as the Dragons taking him if he does not want to go expect him at the Tigers next season. Actually very surprised Doust is forcing the issue, probably about cash compensation.

He cant just walk away. Wouldnt be surprised if he is after a prospect like Jacob Miller.

Bang

Juniors
He cant just walk away. Wouldnt be surprised if he is after a prospect like Jacob Miller.

Remember it was the Dragons that forced Gordon Tallis to sit out a season when he went back on his contract. So they will be no walking away from this. If Moltzen want to stay its going to have to be big compensation with either cash or players heading to the Dragons.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
But makes the first game we play you guys very juicy. Me thinks heads will roll on both sides. Can't wait lol

Timmy can play for the Dragons in the first half and the Tigers in the second. After the game he can decide where he feels happiest, everyone shakes hands and walks away smiling.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Remember it was the Dragons that forced Gordon Tallis to sit out a season when he went back on his contract. So they will be no walking away from this. If Moltzen want to stay its going to have to be big compensation with either cash or players heading to the Dragons.

And if it is as news reports are suggesting, the Dragons did not ascertain from the Tigers what the terms of the release were then the blowtorch would then be applied to Doust.

Guvner

First Grade
And if it is as news reports are suggesting, the Dragons did not ascertain from the Tigers what the terms of the release were then the blowtorch would then be applied to Doust.

Incorrect. Tauber is the legal agent here. His assurance that a release had been agreed to by the Tigers is all that was required from our end. If he misled us on tis point he has legal issues and wont be a player manager for much longer. There should have been no need for Doust to contact the Tigers. There is precedent for this. If this goes to lawyers I have no doubt that Tauber will testify that a verbal agreement was given by the Tigers. Doust has no problems here. If he did, he wouldnt have referred it to the NRL and be prepared to go further. The question is how far will humpty go after backflipping publicly on his stance so often.

Guvner

First Grade
Who cares really he is a piss poor Tigers reject why the club want him is beyond me Vidot is a better signing, as matter of fact every other signing is better.

If you want to stay Tim just say so I am sure you wanker mate Benji will have a cry if you go you belong to that piece of crap club.

Its funny though I have never heard a word from Gibbs or Fifita who both go the arse to sign that over rated turd Blair what makes them any different.

There replacements didnt assault their Mrs.

Bang

Juniors

You have to remember that one of the key pieces of evidence in this matter will be what Moltzen and his manager tell the NRL in relation to their correspondence with the Wests Tigers. Moltzen and his manager have told the Dragons that a verbal release was granted by the Tigers (Which is just as legally binding as a written one) and as a result of this verbal release Moltzan, his manager and the Dragons agreed to terms and Moltzen signed to play with the Dragons for the 2012 season.

Now if Moltzen has decided he no longer wishes to play for the Dragons next year its not as simple as just saying to the NRL (and in the future possibly a court) that he was not given a verbal release from the Tiger as this would then make both Moltzen and his manger liable to pay the Dragons damages.

Dragons01

First Grade
Is Humphries now saying that the West Tigers never said Moltzen would get a release? If that is the case then what gave Moltzen and his manager the idea to look around and sign a contract with another club in the first place? If we are to believe Humphries then were Sheens, Marshall and other Tiger players lying when they were talking about everyone knowing Moltzen was gone? Why is Humphries then quoted only last week as saying that the Tigers don't want this to drag out and that he will more than likely be at the Dragons in 2012?

That is the main point here - Moltzen by all accounts never wanted to leave the West Tigers in the first place if that is the case, why would he on his own account with his manager sign a contract with another club if the Tigers always wanted to keep him? You don't tell a player to explore their options if you plan to keep them(I can't see the Tigers ever telling Benji that).

hybrid_tiger

Coach
TBH I think Tauber has more to answer for than either club. He looks very unprofessional.

I'm sick of talking about this. Moltzen is not worth the trouble, just f**king let him go.

Bring on the Dragons game next year, love the rivalry that has been built up between the clubs.

Dragons01

First Grade
That much is right, we are not talking about a Cameron Smith or a Slater. Yes the rivalry between the two teams has really becoming rather special. Two merged entities with not really much between them when they meet on the field, mixed in with mostly good natured banter between the supporter groups.

It comes down to either Humphries told Moltzen and his manager they were getting a release and in that case Humphries is now lying or Tauber and Moltzen have lied from the beginning in their dealings with Saints and the media. One of those two groups is going to come out of this looking very average.

Bench
TBH I think Tauber has more to answer for than either club. He looks very unprofessional.

I'm sick of talking about this. Moltzen is not worth the trouble, just f**king let him go.

Bring on the Dragons game next year, love the rivalry that has been built up between the clubs.
Here here,Miller at 7,Reddy at 1,Lui at anywhere except WestsTigers and we are going to be alright.

TimmyB

Juniors
Incorrect. Tauber is the legal agent here. His assurance that a release had been agreed to by the Tigers is all that was required from our end. If he misled us on tis point he has legal issues and wont be a player manager for much longer. There should have been no need for Doust to contact the Tigers. There is precedent for this. If this goes to lawyers I have no doubt that Tauber will testify that a verbal agreement was given by the Tigers. Doust has no problems here. If he did, he wouldnt have referred it to the NRL and be prepared to go further. The question is how far will humpty go after backflipping publicly on his stance so often.

I think Doust's has failed to perform due diligence if he did not ascertain Wests Tigers' position and relied solely upon Tauber's representations. It should be noted that Doust has no contract with the Tigers and therefore has no basis to compel the Tigers to released Moltzen. If the Tigers breached NRL rules then the Dragons can certainly pursue that avenue.

Still, the fact that it has ended up in such a mess suggests that all parties have erred, albeit to varying degrees.

I didn't care about releasing Moltzen, but due to my hatred of the Dragons, I hope we win this one...