What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moltz staying

Dragons01

First Grade
Why did not st George wait until they had the formal release before announcing the signing ? They stuffed up. Re the season supposedly being on the brink I think looking back that was about 3 weeks of stuffing around. St George would/should have tried to register molten ASAP . They knew they couldn't .

You could be right but it still does not answer the question I raised about Humphries.

Das Hassler

Bench
"You saints fans really are a touch sensitive"

Ah this line, one of the oldest tricks in the books.

As Dragons supporters we're not trying to pass on the chokers tag. All we're saying is the Weat Tigers are chokers as well. There can be more than one choker. I pointed out 2 semi-finals in 2010, 2011, I forgot to mention the first semi-final in 2010 against the roosters. All the Tigers had to do was feed a scrum and fall on the ball. Unfortunately, again, the pressure was immense and the Tigers were unable to perform even the most basic of tasks.

On Doust - I'd probably agree with you. I'm not a Doust fan and think he probably has fallen asleep at the wheel on this occasion. But, in his defence, I guess he probably thought he was dealing with honest and ethical people. I guess in this occasion he was proven wrong. What's the name of your CEO? There used to be a saying something about an apple. . .

Just on boring, grinding type football - it is what it is. Noone was complaining grand-final day 2010. Wayne Bennett even went as far as to say it was one of the greatest atmospheres he's ever experienced.

Just back to the West Tigers choking - I think some of you Tigers supporters are a bit upset at some of us coming on here and actually acknowledging the elephant in the room.:D

"Just back to the West Tigers choking - I think some of you Tigers supporters are a bit upset at some of us coming on here and actually acknowledging the elephant in the room"

What are you crappin' on about?...The tigers choking?..Wests Tigers have been in the Finals 3 times ..in '05 they flogged the cowboys twice....flogged Brisbane and had you guys beat with 20 minutes to go and never looked like losing it
Last year we played the chooks and lost by an intercept try to SKD in GP extra time..next week we dusted up the Raiders and the week after that lost to your boring lot by a point...where's the choke so far?
This year we came out at half time and MADE you guys choke the choke of all time...the next week we go down by 2 points to a flukey try to Inu. The Tigers have competed like Motherf----s in every finals match they've played, to choke isn't about one or two players making dumb decisions.. to choke is for the whole team to go out there and freeze up like a bunch of deer staring into headlights..which the ILLAWARRA/st george dragons have spent more than the occassional half of finals football doing in their equally short joint ventured existence...the choke tag will be red 'n white for a while to go...no one else has stepped up (or down..i guess)to take it off you just yet

Last edited:

andrew9148

Juniors
You could be right but it still does not answer the question I raised about Humphries.

Is the question you asked re humpreys why did not he mention that molts had a contract and was not getting a release from tigers ? The answer to that I think is that tigers put out a statement immediately after st George announced signing saying that molts had a contract with tigers and did not have a release. From that moment st George were on notice they had an issue. The lapse of time added to that. Re tigers supposedly being in crisis that was paper talk only. They won 11 straight did nt they ?

StMick

Bench
"Just back to the West Tigers choking - I think some of you Tigers supporters are a bit upset at some of us coming on here and actually acknowledging the elephant in the room"

What are you crappin' on about?...The tigers choking?..Wests Tigers have been in the Finals 3 times ..in '05 they flogged the cowboys twice....flogged Brisbane and had you guys beat with 20 minutes to go and never looked like losing it
Last year we played the chooks and lost by an intercept try to SKD in GP extra time..next week we dusted up the Raiders and the week after that lost to your boring lot by a point...where's the choke so far?
This year we came out at half time and MADE you guys choke the choke of all time...the next week we go down by 2 points to a flukey try to Inu. The Tigers have competed like Motherf----s in every finals match they've played, to choke isn't about one or two players making dumb decisions.. to choke is for the whole team to go out there and freeze up like a bunch of deer staring into headlights..which the ILLAWARRA/st george dragons have spent more than the occassional half of finals football doing in their equally short joint ventured existence...the choke tag will be red 'n white for a while to go...no one else has stepped up (or down..i guess)to take it off you just yet

You've just got to admit it mate, you've choked in the last 2 years. You have played in 5 finals matches and choked in 3 of them. In 2 of those matches you had them won and in the third against us, when the acid was put on you, you kicked it out on the full.

But you keep just trying to tell yourself you're not chokers because, mate, the evidence is there.

I guess the good thing for the Tigers, they always have a 'get out of jail free' card. When they choke and lose a game they shouldn't lose the media trot out the old "well that's just the way they play".

PS Some of you Tigers supporters (and I'm not saying all of you) are starting to sound like South Sydney supporters. You keep harping back to the past. '05 was 6 years ago boys, you've got to get over it. Since '05 you've done nothing apart from, like Souths, promise plenty and deliver very little.

PPS Just back on the semi-finals you've choked in - You didn't lose because of an intercept to SKD, you lost because your team couldn't even execute the absolute basics of the game. Remember - you had a scrum feed, all you had to do was fall on the ball and the game was over and somehow the pressure got to you and you choked.

You didn't lose to the Warriors because they scored a flukey try. You lost because, with just over a minute to go your two best players panicked and ran the ball on the 5th tackle, gave the Warriors good field position and the rest is history.

Against us, in the preliminary final, when the game was on the line the, so called best player in the world, kicked the ball out on the full. Again, the rest is history.

I don't know about you mate but that sounds like choking to me.

Last edited:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The Saints fans trying to pass the choking tag onto us is hilarious.

I am happy to admit we choked against the Warriors. Against the Dragons we weren't favourites and weren't expected to win so I don't understand how that can be a choke. The Roosters was just a one in 1000 incident that cost us the game, something you'll never see again. But I suppose we were leading the whole match and dominated that game so you could call it a choke if that pleases you.

Magpie Tragic

Juniors

I am happy to admit we choked against the Warriors. Against the Dragons we weren't favourites and weren't expected to win so I don't understand how that can be a choke. The Roosters was just a one in 1000 incident that cost us the game, something you'll never see again. But I suppose we were leading the whole match and dominated that game so you could call it a choke if that pleases you.

IMO we overachieved in both 2010 & 2011 compared to the other teams rosters

StMick

Bench

Hybrid_Tiger you probably should read the whole thread. Dragons supporters aren't trying to pass on the tag of choking. We're just saying you've choked as well. Again, you can have more than one choker.

To say you weren't favourites or expected to win against the Dragons is not quite true. I remember quite clearly the majority of the media were picking the Tigers to beat the Dragons that night.

The label choker's a funny thing, If you go back over the history, the Dragons have probably so called choked twice - '05 and '09. But hey! Let's not ruin a good myth.

I had to laugh in the semi-finals this year. Blocker Roach was doing a piece amongst West Tigers fans. One of the Tigers fans was making a sign about Dragons being chokers. Roach looked at him like he was an absolute imbecile and said "You do realise they won the premiership last year don't you?"

But anyway . . .what can you do??

Totally agree to call a team 'chokers' implies that they at least had some actual chance of winning, that there was some expectation there to start with. I would hate to be one of these teams that supporters carry on and celebrate like they have won the comp just because they win one regular season match or 2 or 3 in a row. I can live with Saints being called 'chokers' because it is mainly thrown about by Souths, Sharks fans etc.

I don't think anyone denies Benji's natural talent, I think what turns most people off him is the way the media especially channel 9 carries on about him. All well and good to praise his ability when he is on, but they then conveniently forget to mention the mistakes that also go along with the brilliance. The type of football Benji plays is exactly like the Tigers and the Warriors for that matter it is what makes them exciting to watch, the downside of that for supporters of those clubs it can also cost them the big games.

I really can't see how any of the above is Benji's fault or a reason to hate him.

Ennis, Matai and co are players worthy of hatred.

Tiger Crazy

Juniors
You've just got to admit it mate, you've choked in the last 2 years. You have played in 5 finals matches and choked in 3 of them. In 2 of those matches you had them won and in the third against us, when the acid was put on you, you kicked it out on the full.

But you keep just trying to tell yourself you're not chokers because, mate, the evidence is there.

I guess the good thing for the Tigers, they always have a 'get out of jail free' card. When they choke and lose a game they shouldn't lose the media trot out the old "well that's just the way they play".

PS Some of you Tigers supporters (and I'm not saying all of you) are starting to sound like South Sydney supporters. You keep harping back to the past. '05 was 6 years ago boys, you've got to get over it. Since '05 you've done nothing apart from, like Souths, promise plenty and deliver very little.

PPS Just back on the semi-finals you've choked in - You didn't lose because of an intercept to SKD, you lost because your team couldn't even execute the absolute basics of the game. Remember - you had a scrum feed, all you had to do was fall on the ball and the game was over and somehow the pressure got to you and you choked.

You didn't lose to the Warriors because they scored a flukey try. You lost because, with just over a minute to go your two best players panicked and ran the ball on the 5th tackle, gave the Warriors good field position and the rest is history.

Against us, in the preliminary final, when the game was on the line the, so called best player in the world, kicked the ball out on the full. Again, the rest is history.

I don't know about you mate but that sounds like choking to me.
Well seeing that the Saints are the experts about choking maybe we should be listening to them Seeing they've seen it so many times .....

maitland_magpie

Juniors
The label choker's a funny thing, If you go back over the history, the Dragons have probably so called choked twice - '05 and '09. But hey! Let's not ruin a good myth.

StMick wouldn't you include the '99 Gf in there as a major choke. A massive half time lead and then, well we all remember what happened.

saints4ever

First Grade
So does the above mean the bulldogs in 06 choked against the donkeys? Manly choked in the last game of 04? If all your going on is halftime leads that got eaten up then every team in the comp chokes

2010Dragons

Bench
I will be the first to admit....1999 was a massive choke by my beloved Dragons...bloody mundine!! We should have won this game, but we choked.

Some of the Tigers supporters just don't have the IQ or guts to admit that in 2010 the Tigers choked against the Chooks then the Dragons, c'mon guys get out of the denial mindset.

2011, the premiership was there for the Tigers to win but once again the tigers choked at the last few minutes of the game the warriors scored a fluky try...not as fluky as the Benji Marshall drop kick air swing kick try verses the Dragons.
Just admit it people and accept the truth.

I can honestly say the Dragons did choke in 1999 and 2009.
But we won in 2010 which we deserved and were the better team all year

Tigers were better than the roosters in 2010...but choked.
Tigers were better than the warriors in 2011...but choked.
Tigers were better than ..................in 2012...but will choke while Benji is trying to do everything...tigers need a champion team not just one champion player.

_Johnsy

Referee
Anyone who uses the choke line is doing one thing, and one thing only.

Showing their lack of knowledge of RL.

2010Dragons

Bench
Choked = playing the wrong play. Kicking the ball on the wrong tackle count.
Choked = making a massive mistake e.g dropping the ball with the try line wide open
Choked= lost of intensity in the final minutes of the game.
Choked= losing a game which you had wrapped up.

Choked = making a massive mistake e.g dropping the ball with the try line wide open
Is this what you do in your free time?
Seriously, get a life.

simmo1

First Grade

Choked = Going 4-1-10 at the end of the season after dominating the comp for the beginning of the year.