What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MONAGHAN SIGNS WITH THE ROOSTERS

What makes you think that Joel Monaghan would tell you what he intends doing. Gee you blokes are thick. I can see why Finchy couldn't get out of that hole of a club quickly enough. :clap:

thickos

First Grade
Rooster Cogburn. said:
What makes you think that Joel Monaghan would tell you what he intends doing. Gee you blokes are thick. I can see why Finchy couldn't get out of that hole of a club quickly enough. :clap:

Did it ever cross your thick skull that perhaps some of us here on this forum regularly speak to several players at a one-to-one level, not in a fan-player relationship but just as two people talking?

I would guess none of the Goosters would speak to you, god knows you drive everyone else up the wall you snivelling amoeba-brained excuse for an individual.

MILLWALL

Juniors
Oi Rooster Cogburn. roosters had a good loss what happened didnt want to ruin there make up or break a nail?

WHAT THE f**k. drop MONOGHAN the lying biatch. i cant believe he told fans he was staying. he does not deserve a green jersey and i believe bulgarelli is more fit than that judas. FK OFF JOEL

jed

First Grade
thickos said:
I've spoken to Joel personally several times at post-match functions, at the pub after the game, and all the time he said 'don't sweat, I'm staying. The manager is just trying to jack the price up.'

I would rather that he'd said "I'm weighing up my options" rather than "Don't worry about it, it's all going to be fine"

Anonymous

Juniors
I've been away for a few days so I haven't posted anything on this as of yet.

But, having had time to think and reflect on his season, here's my view:

Joel Monaghan, you are the lowest form of footballer. You are truly bottom shelf, the club that turned you from a no hope hack to a representative quality player is cast aside because your head is suddenly too inflated to fit through the door. Good luck at the Roosters and may your time there be enough for you to recapture your glorious form of two seasons ago, and hopefully you'll finish your career in premier league at the Bears or Jets.

You disgust me.

Brett Finch was shit at canberra when daley wasnt beside him, when fittler leaves next year and your second rate forward pack cant do the job Finch will fall apart, when Finch falls apart that means no ball for the outside backs, which means your team is going to go down the gurgler without fittler.

The phrase up shit creek without a paddle comes to mind, lets see the rorters buy their way out of this.

ball boy

Bench
dont worry victor after they work out how shit he is next year they will be after... Mclinden, Gafa, Carney, Kouparitsas, Henry, Zillman and Wallace :roll:

greeneyed

First Grade
Timbo said:
I've been away for a few days so I haven't posted anything on this as of yet.

But, having had time to think and reflect on his season, here's my view:

Joel Monaghan, you are the lowest form of footballer. You are truly bottom shelf, the club that turned you from a no hope hack to a representative quality player is cast aside because your head is suddenly too inflated to fit through the door. Good luck at the Roosters and may your time there be enough for you to recapture your glorious form of two seasons ago, and hopefully you'll finish your career in premier league at the Bears or Jets.

You disgust me.

Why don't you say what you really think Timbo? :lol:

raiders_boy

Juniors
thickos said:
What gets me most is the lies. I've spoken to Joel personally several times at post-match functions, at the pub after the game, and all the time he said 'don't sweat, I'm staying. The manager is just trying to jack the price up.'

That makes me sick. f**k u joel. why lie to us? WHY?????????????

jed

First Grade
I don't think that Joel was lying. I think that, at the time, he had every intention of re-signing with us. But the longer that he sat on the open market, the more thoughts would have gone through his head, and eventually he decided to leave.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i just herd a snipit from channel 10 interview and joel was right
months ago he had no intention on leaving, had more been done then by management then we wouldnt be in this predictiment

f**k you joel, for all the lies
but f**k you more management!
:evil:

greeneyed

First Grade
Joel was just on 10 News. He said two months ago he never had any intention of leaving and that "if more had been done at that time" he would have re-signed then. So we string the guy out, not coming up with our best offer straight away... and then it becomes too late.... I think there is more to this one than appears at face value. I honestly don't believe Joel was lying at the time... he was trying to get more money... but club management messed around.... and then it got to the situation where "opportunity" emerged. I have no doubt the "opportunity" was engineered by Banaghan and the Roosters.... but I don't believe it is all Monas fault here.

azza

Juniors
Re the CH 10 news piece... let's not forget, Monas is an absolute prick for the way he has treated this club, but...

When our captain and other players openly come out and criticise the management you know we have a bunch of f**king nitwits running this once mighty club. I hope they piss off and make way for people who actually know how to run a football club and coordinate contract negotiations. This isn't like running a tea party, you di*kheads, this is serious business. Get out of there and let someone come in who will do the right thing by the players and the club or else we will continue to slide head first into deep sh*t.

budz

Juniors
When it comes to players like that you have to do anything possible to make sure the player doesnt get to test the market. And from what ive heard the Raiders management didnt do enough.

greeneyed

First Grade
I honestly don't think Joel was lying AT THE TIME..... Sure he took the decision to leave and turn his back on his boyhood club, and the club that developed him. But I don't think this situation is all his fault.

Tonight's WIN TV news.

Simon Woolford hit out at both club and player management. Woolford said Monaghan was "not getting the right advice from EVERYONE involved".

The reporter suggested that there are rumours that some player managers are on retainers from certain clubs.

Joel Monaghan said he spoke to the Raiders "a couple of months" ago and didn't get the sort of offer he was after, so this is what happened.....

Clinton Schifcofske vigorously denied he wants out... He is very happy with the club coaching staff and the club and said these are simply rumours and a "lot of rubbish".

Luke Davico said he had to think about what is best for him and his career when considering the Wigan offer; he had to approach the club for a release in the circumstances.

And it was suggested that the club has made an approach to "one rising star".