What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monaghan to find new club for 2008

it is also perplexing, that we all thought joel had heaps more potential than michael at canberra. :lol:

Monaghan is in the same boat as Nathan Merritt at the moment, definately the form players of the comp in their positions, but both probably wont see origin this year.

I dont believe we need Michaels Services at Souths, Jeremy Smith and Dan Irvine are playing very well, and we have quality juniors like ed paea and Isaac Luke, that will probably contend the positions next year to a great deal, if not this year.

Michael would simply be a quick-fix if we signed him. if he was in this boat last year, i would of said sure, because joe williams didnt do anything spectacular, but joe is playing well, and i think he just needed a decent playmaker five-eighth to combine with him.

Sutton wasnt exactly a playmaker.

But anyway, id agree the tigers is a great fit for Monaghan, Benji at five eighth, monas at half, and maybe play morris of the bench as a utility for either robbie farah or monas, morris is not a five eighth to any stretch of the imagination.

The Knights could use him, but the knights premier league team is going well atm, and the general direction of play is in control of the halves, so im sure either of the premier leagues halves, could step up to the plate.

Tigers, Newcastle and Possibly Canberra might chase him, maybe souths too, but i dont think we need him, certainly not pay a fortune for him

Dutchy

Immortal
I want Monas to stay a Seagle..

Good Luck with what ever he does.

I will always support him no matter what club he plays for.

MONAS FOR PM!!!

Mal Meninga

Bench
Iafeta said:
He's a very fine player if you ask me. I thought he had a lot of quality down at Canberra, it was a bit perplexing to see McFadden and McLinden in half ahead of this fellow.
Was Mcfadden even at the club when Monas was brought to FG? I'm pretty sure it was that bone head Elliot which brought in Brad Drew to play #7 and just as Monas started to claim a spot he busted his jaw and looked elsewhere. Mclinden is an awesome player but way too inconsistent but when he fired was tough to stop.

Garts said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You really not must have much else in your life to come up stupid reasons why your man is not in 1st grade. It really is quite sad that you have this infactuation with a player who is married (to a girl), you will never have a chance with him. I cant believe you defend his every move or critical comment made against him.

Seriously, do you have mental issues, never had a boyfriend or just a very loyal idiot?

Maybe a combination of all of the above

Clock watcher

Juniors
Might be a mistake by the eagles. Burns is a Qld'er and i know his uncle who told me at the Caloundra trial that Travis is talking to the Titans, they want him and he wants to go there to be closer to his family, who live on the north side of brisbane. So they could have no Burns and no Monna's next year, would look alot weaker in the halves then?????

Clock watcher

Juniors
i am very interested to see monna's in the 6, i think him and orford will work well together, if that is the case Burns may find himself on the bench. Will probably promote the end of Burns and manly. So they should try and keep Monna's

scottyeel

Bench
Clock watcher said:
Might be a mistake by the eagles. Burns is a Qld'er and i know his uncle who told me at the Caloundra trial that Travis is talking to the Titans, they want him and he wants to go there to be closer to his family, who live on the north side of brisbane. So they could have no Burns and no Monna's next year, would look alot weaker in the halves then?????
:lol: :lol: Just like Matty Orford told you he would only miss 1 week with injury hey.:lol:

Dutchy

Immortal
Clock watcher said:

Travis wants to stay at Manly.

And NO, He has not spoken to the Titans.

Try Again.

Clock watcher

Juniors
when you get the chance, ask travis who he stayed with when the eagles played the storm in cairns. Ask if he stayed with his uncle. Ask him if he is slightly homesick and wants to move back to Brisbane to be closer to his family. Ask him if he spent a day with his uncle and senior members of the Titans and left with the intent to think about playing 5/8 for them outside prince 3 yr deal. No money spoken of yet just an agreement to talk again soon. Ask him yourself.

And on the Orford issue I am the first one to appologise for incorrect information. I believed what Mat told me , but obviously he was giving me pie in the sky information. I think you should have me hung out to dry for posting incorrect information. Maybe moving forward we should ban anybody for getting information incorrect. As you can see I dont get on here day after day or hour after hour and post crap. I only post if I have something of interest to say or some interesting info I have picked up. Scottyeel I appologise for doubting your info, it looked to me like the standard EEl fan trying to stick it to the Sea Eagles type post.

I now know that you have obvious inside info and will watch your comments

Cletus

First Grade
I don't think it matters if Burns goes, Lyon will play at 5/8 and Mattai in the centres. We've still got Groome coming up but it doesn't leave us with much depth if Clint Halden is anyting to go by.....

scottyeel

Bench
Clock watcher said:
when you get the chance, ask travis who he stayed with when the eagles played the storm in cairns. Ask if he stayed with his uncle. Ask him if he is slightly homesick and wants to move back to Brisbane to be closer to his family. Ask him if he spent a day with his uncle and senior members of the Titans and left with the intent to think about playing 5/8 for them outside prince 3 yr deal. No money spoken of yet just an agreement to talk again soon. Ask him yourself.

And on the Orford issue I am the first one to appologise for incorrect information. I believed what Mat told me , but obviously he was giving me pie in the sky information. I think you should have me hung out to dry for posting incorrect information. Maybe moving forward we should ban anybody for getting information incorrect. As you can see I dont get on here day after day or hour after hour and post crap. I only post if I have something of interest to say or some interesting info I have picked up. Scottyeel I appologise for doubting your info, it looked to me like the standard EEl fan trying to stick it to the Sea Eagles type post.

I now know that you have obvious inside info and will watch your comments
No worries mate;-)

innsaneink

Referee
Special K said:
didn't they do this same thing last year after he re-signed

Manly wanted him out, but super sugar daddy uncle max wanted him to stay, such a lovely club is manly....as terry randalls kid found out.

Latest posts