What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monaghan to find new club for 2008

CharlieF

Juniors
Nobody can confirm any of this, so I would say that it is just a rumour.

If it were true, then I can understand why Manly would not want to hold him back from playing his favoured position and offering him an opportunity to achieve that at another club whilst he is in fine form. However, Manly would love to keep him, just that he probably won't achieve the results that he would at another club as Manly would always use him as a utility at either 7,6 or 9. If he played as halfback fulltime, he would easily make half the NRL teams out there and possibly achieve greater than current results as well.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Harold Bishop said:
Big call buddy, they had about the same amount of try assists last week despite Orford playing 1 game and Monas 5.

Dont forget Monaghan was playing hooker and got the same amount of try assists...

t-ba

Post Whore
Y2Eel said:
Dont forget Monaghan was playing hooker and got the same amount of try assists...

What?

Monaghan played Halfback for four weeks this season, and that's when he got his try assists!

Iafeta

Referee
He's a very fine player if you ask me. I thought he had a lot of quality down at Canberra, it was a bit perplexing to see McFadden and McLinden in half ahead of this fellow.

I think the club who needs him most is the Tigers. John Morris is not a premiership half. He's a decent utility, but he won't slice open a game like this bloke.

Y2Eel

First Grade
t-ba said:
What?

Monaghan played Halfback for four weeks this season, and that's when he got his try assists!
ahh sorry read it wrong.. :crazy: I'd say Monaghan is more of a Leader Would go well at the Tigers beside benji...

Disco

Bench
disagree

Keeping Monas and releasing Burns would be as stupid as say......................................a club keeping Anasta and getting rid of Thurston

Burns has alot of room for improvement whilst Mona's is playing at the peak of his powers

*please note that im not saying Burns will be as good as Thurston, just using the example as a case of a club letting go of an exciting young player to keep an established player

CharlieF

Juniors
CC_Eagle said:
Burns >

Keep Monas.

Burns is a hooker anyway, Beaver is a better 5/8th.

I think Burns has a lot of potential and is also younger. Once his attack improves, he will be a gun player.

Balmain_Boy

Look Orford is better than Mongaghan, i'm not going to suggest otherwise. But Monaghan has qualties Orford doesn't - like grit, determination and the ability to hang in when the pressure is on. It's not as big a no contest as some Manly fans like to suggest.

It's not like Orford has ever steered a team to a premiership either.

Cletus

First Grade
I'd hate to see him go, he's been great for the club. But unfortunately Ballin is a better hooker (and can play 80 mins) and Orford is a better half. He'd go great at the Tigers I reckon, you'd think they'd go all out for him.

Balmain_Boy

Monaghan would be great with a class 5/8 outside him. Marshall and Monaghan would be a great partnership. Monaghan to play the steady hand and run the team, with Marshall the flashy go to man when you need a big play.

Morris would make a terrific utility as well.

Hopefully Sheens can see this.

Garts

Bench
wittyfan said:
Bzzzzt. The correct answer is club politics.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You really not must have much else in your life to come up stupid reasons why your man is not in 1st grade. It really is quite sad that you have this infactuation with a player who is married (to a girl), you will never have a chance with him. I cant believe you defend his every move or critical comment made against him.

Seriously, do you have mental issues, never had a boyfriend or just a very loyal idiot?

Garts

Bench
Balmain_Boy said:
Monaghan would be great with a class 5/8 outside him. Marshall and Monaghan would be a great partnership. Monaghan to play the steady hand and run the team, with Marshall the flashy go to man when you need a big play.

Morris would make a terrific utility as well.

Hopefully Sheens can see this.

Agree Monas is not the half to conduct all the attaking plays but with someone like Marshall it could work well.

I have no problems if he leaves us to play half elsewhere, been a real tough competitor for us and always given his all.