What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monday Night Football

I'm watching the MNF game between the Jets and Chargers and I'm just wondering why it's being played in broad daylight.

Because San Diego is on the west coast and for the game to start at 8:30pm eastern time, the game must start at 5:30pm local time hence why it started in daylight

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Is kicking off so that it starts at 8:30 Eastern only because it's NY playing or is it just a fixed rule for all games to start at that time?

yeah it would be primetime into the east coast.

as for the game. high scoring affair. 48-29

chargers forced 4 turn overs. get a win on the board

yep. 2td's on the ground.

1 recieving i think...

anyway. he only gained 60 odd yards on the ground. still being hampered by the toe injury and the fact that theres no longer lorenzo neal blocking. hardwick being out also isnt great.

rivers played well bar the first throw.

Geohood

Bench
I watched my first match of NFL today.... is it just me or is it incredibly boring 90% of the time?

Stonecutter

First Grade
I think it's just you mate, the stoppages suck (especially in a close 4th quarter) but I enjoy it alot. The commentators are boring though. Do they have anything else to talk about besides Farve? they told his lifestory ffs.

Big Tim

First Grade
I watched my first match of NFL today.... is it just me or is it incredibly boring 90% of the time?

If you dont fully understand the game, it is boring. I suggest watching more, and maybe buying a copy of Madden to put your knowledge into "fast pace"

Geohood

Bench
Yeah I was about to say that... probably takes time. Most people can't stand watching cricket if they're a casual viewer.

What about the guy going grey how long do these players last in the game for??

Can anyone gimme a crash course in NFL?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I don't mind the stoppages, it's part of the game and it's still faster than college football.

I f**king hate the same ads on ESPN over and over again.

Big Tim

First Grade
Thats Brett Favre.

Hasnt missed an NFL start since his first rookie game. Legend of the game, sure Hall of Famer.

He has been a starting NFL QB since the day he got drafted, and considering Clemens is the backup, will be until he retires...... again.

MSH

Juniors
Thats Brett Favre.

Hasnt missed an NFL start since his first rookie game. Legend of the game, sure Hall of Famer.

He has been a starting NFL QB since the day he got drafted, and considering Clemens is the backup, will be until he retires...... again.

Ahh not quite since he got drafted. Was drafted in 1991 by the Atlanta Falcons in the 2nd round. Benched warmed all bar a bit of that '91 season - went 0 of 4, 1 Int, in fact that interception was on his first ever pass and was returned for a TD. Then he was traded to Green Bay after that 1st season, QB Don Majkowski was benched in the second gamein 1992 and Favre brought the Packers back from a 17-0 defect to win and the rest is history. Well until this season when we he joined the Jets :roll:

Jono078

Referee
The ESPN ads really get to ya dont they. Always the same boring bat sh*t ads. Not that ads can be exciting but I swear watching 1 qtr of an NFL game you'll see the same ad 10 times.

I like the Federer and the rankings ad though.