What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More bad news..

gronkathon

First Grade
No written sources MU.

It is a well known non secret in the leaugue community though. There was a reason Bennett barely used him and punted him as soon as troops were available.

I understand if you have to delete it though

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
No written sources MU.

It is a well known non secret in the leaugue community though. There was a reason Bennett barely used him and punted him as soon as troops were available.

I understand if you have to delete it though
nah, just whacked in a little word to avoid any drama ;-)

Because Head was allegedly a hopeless drunk with a massive gambling habbit which he could not control and it had started to have a negative influence on younger players in the system at that time.

I am all for criticism of Sheens but you are barking up the wrong tree with Head

I don't blame him. After all, his coach picked Johnny Morris before him...

MickRad

Juniors
So, what's the mail? Are Ryan and McKinnon definitely out? Of course they're both in my fantasy league and now I have no fullback..

steven_tiger

Juniors
Apparently this is how we're running out:

7. Moltzen
20. Latu
3. Ayshford
4. Brown
5. Utai
6. Marshall
14. Miller
8. Gibbs
9. Farah
15. Fifita
11. Dwyer
12. Ellis
13. Heighnington
Bench
10. Payten
15. Shirnack
17. Woods
18. Flanagan

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd much would have preferred
1 - Meaney
2 - Latu
3 - Ayshford
4 - Brown
5 - Utai
6 - Marshall
7 - Moltzen
8 - Gibbs
9 - Farah
10 - Fifita
11 - Dwyer
12 - Ellis
13 - Heighington

14 - Miller
15 - Payten
16 - Moors/Woods
17 - Schirnack/Woods

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Geez I don't know about Moltzen at fullback. But that side should still do quite comfortably against the Titans.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The side is still ok considering the unhinged we have but why the he'll isn't Meaney or mullaney fullback?

Molzten is an abysmal fullback!!!

Bench
So, what's the mail? Are Ryan and McKinnon definitely out? Of course they're both in my fantasy league and now I have no fullback..
Why would you have Ryan,he hasn't played all year,and McKinnon gets injured all the time.

AngryAnnandale

Juniors
What is the story with Mullaney, he looked like a genuine superstar a couple of years ago.
Is he he going ok with Balmain?
Does Sheens not rate him?
Id hate to lose him, McKinnon doing well but is slower than my grandma.
Mullaney can kick as well from memory?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mullaney can't kick, I don't know where people got this opinion from.

Mullaney's Toyota Cup goalkicking record was worse than Benji's in the NRL. From memory he was also very small and probably would get man handled in the NRL.

Tigerm

First Grade
What do you think?
Brown will probably defend at Fullback & Moltzen in the centres?
I think it is a lot to ask for from an 18 year old, but hopefully Miller comes through.
Solid in the forwards, but no reserve back seems a bit of a gamble?

Bench
What do you think?
Brown will probably defend at Fullback & Moltzen in the centres?
I think it is a lot to ask for from an 18 year old, but hopefully Miller comes through.
Solid in the forwards, but no reserve back seems a bit of a gamble?
A good gamble imho,Miller will handle it,Flanno,Ellis and Dwyer can cover backs if someone gets hurt.

Just got back to the hotel. Not happy with the result tonight. Worst still was the starting side tonight, sometimes Sheens simply astounds me.

Never been a big fan of Moltzen at fullback, and he had Meaney on the bench, would have much preferred Meaney at 1 and Moltzen at 7 and then had the chance to call on Miller later.

Payten has not started all year, tonight he did but I would have preferred Fifita to start the game.

I know the modern game has changed by why is it that poor Ayshford has to keep changing. He has built up a pretty good combination with Utai on the right but tonight it was Brown who played right centre.

Flanagan, is he really better than Jason Shirnack?

From what I saw tonight, I would leave Miller at 7 until Lui comes back. Then it's back to the 20's.
Dwyer - 1 very good game does not mean that you are safe for the year, he was as ordinary tonight as he was prior to last week.

azsportza

Live Update Team
More Bad news for Wests Tigers, youngest Alan Schirnack injured his ACL joint in the match and I'd expect to be out for a while.

Also on Jake Mullaney, I would be like Brett Hodgson, We never should of let him go. Haven't seen anything from Mullaney in a while. Tim Sheens needs to fire a rocket up them after the Titans "stole" a victory from us, although we dropped off after 15 minutes.