What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More from 2GB

Ausguy

Coach
I don't think the news is in the podcast.

If newms is resigned then we are well and truly in trouble.

Are you talking foldin here Newman?

Isurus

Juniors
Mate I didn't want to believe it. Some part of me is forlornly, stupidly, still holding out hope but with info that just came to light.... I don't even know what to say. I'm shattered. I honestly feel like I just got news a friend or family member is dying.

f**k you Danks. Seriously. You would want to hope you never pass me in the street you scumbag.

Not doubting what you know here Newman, but what intrigues is me is that the players still claim to be in the dark about the situation, as do Flanagan etc, yet there are quite a few people making claim that they know what has gone down.

Not questioning those people, in this case Newman, but questioning why/how they know.

Also not really sure why it would be another month of investigation if the evidence Newman is aware of, is out there.

Reading between the lines, Newman is aware of actual ASADA evidence???

newman

First Grade
Not doubting what you know here Newman, but what intrigues is me is that the players still claim to be in the dark about the situation, as do Flanagan etc, yet there are quite a few people making claim that they know what has gone down.

Not questioning those people, in this case Newman, but questioning why/how they know.

Also not really sure why it would be another month of investigation if the evidence Newman is aware of, is out there.

Reading between the lines, Newman is aware of actual ASADA evidence???

Notice how the same phrase "in the dark" keeps being repeated? Almost like they have been trained to say it by a professional PR person?

SharkShocked

Bench
If the club was going to fold, surely the NRL would be washing their hands of us and not claiming to be 'helping' the club through it.

Given how much they always bleat on that there are too many teams in Sydney, I have little doubt that if we were well and truly screwed and beyond revival, that they'd just axe us.

Probably in a fair amount of shit, but at the end of the day... just wait and enjoy every game as they come.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Vin Fizz

Bench
The fines for not fielding a 16 team comp would cripple the league as an organisation. As long as it's cheaper to subsidise the club I believe they will do just that. I don't know the numbers though.

Isurus

Juniors
Sorry Newman for my choose of words there. I didn't draw it from any particular source. Are the words in "in the dark" being commonly used by the players and Flanagan?

So are you saying they are lying? At least answer that to give us all a small insight into what you have been told.

Frenzy.

Immortal
If the club was going to fold, surely the NRL would be washing their hands of us and not claiming to be 'helping' the club through it.

Given how much they always bleat on that there are too many teams in Sydney, I have little doubt that if we were well and truly screwed and beyond revival, that they'd just axe us.

Probably in a fair amount of shit, but at the end of the day... just wait and enjoy every game as they come.

It can't fold mid season due to NRL committments. They are hardly going to announce anything in March even if the decision is made.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Sorry Newman for my choose of words there. I didn't draw it from any particular source. Are the words in "in the dark" being commonly used by the players and Flanagan?

So are you saying they are lying? At least answer that to give us all a small insight into what you have been told.

That, like a few other questions that have been asked can't be answered. It would be in contempt of the process. If there is even 1% chance of the club coming out the other end of this the answers are better left alone.

People have to either trust the information or not. No one ever doubts the good news newman posts.

Special K

Coach
They'd send us to Perth or Gossie I guess... ring in the old that misses out and a 2nd brassie team. Everyone wins bar us.

I have no doubt the NRL would be happy for this to happen

SharkShocked

Bench
While we are all going with the 'circling the drain' theory.

How many of you would still support a relocated club?

And if the club was to fold, how many of you would be lost to the sport.

I'd most certainly be gone in either situation.

Latest posts