What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More from 2GB

webShark

While we are all going with the 'circling the drain' theory.

How many of you would still support a relocated club?

And if the club was to fold, how many of you would be lost to the sport.

I'd most certainly be gone in either situation.

I wouldnt support a relocated club.

Probably watch on TV and go to the local comp as my son still plays. Probably A Grade.

Ausguy

Coach
fk the tv deal, what do i care about it if we are gone next year, if that stheir intention walk out now...

Craigshark

First Grade
If we go.. I go. I don't even want to think about it. I'll start crying if I think about life with no Cronulla.. =(

Card Shark

Immortal
They would never relocate us to Brisbane or Central Coast or any other rugby league heartland, we are too much on the nose - it'd never work.

Whereas Perth is far enough removed from the situation, it would work.

Maybe this in an NRL conspiracy to get us to relocate?? ;)

The NRL i ber are looking at the A/League to see how quick you can get a new team up.

You can see the deal now, if Perth players will be given 25% above salary cap to get players there

Surely

Post Whore
I've pretty much been over the NRL for a few years now, numerous reasons, rule changes, the inability of five merkins to get a decision right even with the benefit of replays, the storm and dogs cap rort, the 5 million broncos TV games a year, the bird saga and now this shitstorm, especially after they said manly was quietly investigated in 2010 and cleared.

Swans are looking good.

The Dodger

First Grade
I can see a revamp occurring, just like the a-league.
The nrl must have to be the worst run code in the world.

Like they say, shiit trickles from the top down.

MightySharks

Bench
Teams represent areas, this team represents the area I live and love.

If it no longer represents this area it no longer represents me.

I hope we will be sweet if not I love sport so it may have to be a case of cheer cheer the red and the white and that doesn't mean the dirty stinking scum dragons.

Or going to watch Sydney F.C..

Would be gutted for 6 yr old son he loves the Sharks and the plan is to attend games together for the rest of our lives.

Ausguy

Coach
Just quietly the Perth fans dont want cronulla, or the sharks they want their own franchise.

Try it NRL just try it.

Peter C

Juniors
My take on this , is this, the licenses dont come up for renewal until 2017, and because of the newTV deal,it's in the ARLC's interests to keep the Sharks in the competition, having said that, should the Sharks fail financially or succumb to pressure from ASADA, then they will try and fast track another bid for next year.
In regards to the money from the developement, the first installment was enough to retire around seventy five percent of debt.
The second installment will arrive if and when the developement is completed, with the Sharks to receive a percentage of total apartments sold, estimated at around ten million dollars, and the club will also receive thirty percent of any rent from the retail/ commercial development.

This is just getting so sad.

From a merged club what you find is that the old Balmain supporters call them the tigers. The old magpie supporters call the joint venture, Wests. Naturally, younger ones call them wests, west tigers or simply the tigers. As long both words exist in the name going forward, both supporter groups will be happy.

I remember growing up and going to Leichhardt every 2nd week. Now they play 3 times a year at the home of the Balmain Tigers. The older west supports don't see their team at Pratten Park at Ashfield or Lidcombe Oval, things change. If the Tigers moved to Perth they'd still be the Tigers and they'd still be my team.

Look at the NFL, I think even older people who don't follow it know who the LA Rams are? fact is, the Rams moved from LA to Anaheim in 1980 and are now known as the St Louis Rams where they have been based since 1995. Hell of a long way from LA to St Louis.

Ausguy

Coach
Thats a good story old tiger.... but the cronulla sharks are supported mainly by shire residents, move them to perth and watch what happens.

KiamaSaint

Coach
You lot are self absorb, do you know that? The real question is could KMav still hate a relocated Sharkies team?

ratsack2

Juniors
the only way I would even remotely support a relocation is if they came to Brissy and only if they remain the sharks, but i would be gutted, 34 years of going to games for what??? nothing, lives ruined, how will this effect the community, what will be the health bill, did anyone think of all this. far out I dont know what to think anymore, if Newmans is like this then God help us