What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More views on Thommo

Southernsaint

Staff member
The Love Moate said:
Perhaps Nathan is showing some class by not commentating further on the situation as it is now getting to distraction stage. Just like the old saying - if you haven't got anything good to say about someone, don't say anything..

Like Roy & Doust kept silent on the issue??

The Love Moate said:
The Dragons don't need Roy cooking their spin on this issue. There is nothing more to it. The club and Thommo have parted ways. There is no doubt that the Dragons had plenty on Thommo in regards to code of conduct issues. Otherwise his legal team would have cleaned the club up.

How do we know Lance's leagal team didn't clean them up?? Both parties ahve agreed to confidentiality on the split...

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Wobbygong said:
Ah the real truth comes out about Thompson, I knew there had to be a lot more to the story than Thompson's "evil plot" rantings. I for one have wanted the bloke gone for three years, thankfully he now is, and now for all his apologists...........................

As I have already requested (several time) Wobby. Dissect the article and tell me point form Thompsons many crimes. Then compare it to his service to the club. I repeat only accusations that can be proved.

Masters has come up with a lovely piece of propaganda. In reality it lacks substance.

Smithtown

Coach
Southernsaint said:
Like Roy & Doust kept silent on the issue??

Roy has been very silent on this issue until the dust had settled. Other journalists at his newspaper have done all the reporting.

Smithtown

Coach
Gunnamatta said:
Dissect the article and tell me point form Thompsons many crimes. Then compare it to his service to the club.

Thommos has given great service. But the management at the Dragons have decided to go in a different direction. The trips to America by Brown and Doust have re-inforced a few things when it comes to playing rosters. When it comes to star players who are disruptive influences or have the ability to hog headlines for wrong reasons there is no more tolerance. Players like Terrell Owens and Barry Bonds once used to get away with these things because they were valuable players. But now they are in trouble with their franchises and are in the process of being shown the door.

If there is one message that Brown and Doust have picked up in their travels to America it is that team harmony and unity cannot be sacrificed at the expense of one player. A bit like the Swans no dickhead policy.

Southernsaint

Staff member
The Love Moate said:
Roy has been very silent on this issue until the dust had settled. Other journalists at his newspaper have done all the reporting.

But he has commented on the issue in the media...

Rexxy

Coach
The Love Moate said:
When it comes to star players who are disruptive influences or have the ability to hog headlines for wrong reasons there is no more tolerance.

Pure speculation. Like everything youve said. Headlines are only when you are caught. Poor behaviour off the field will continue, no matter what private party rooms Doust and Brown book for their soirees.

The Love Moate said:
A bit like the Swans no dickhead policy.

If the swans no dickhead policy extended to their fans, they'd play in empty stadia.

The swans teach us nothing about league. Except how to rort the cap and any other equalisation attempts. Candy Asses to a man, they should F-off back to South Melbourne.

is "Moate" an attempt to build a bridge between fans and club? Or a long road that runs through a suburb no-one can pronounce ?

- The "Non Senile" Rex

Willow

Assistant Moderator
About an hour ago...

http://dragons.leagueunlimited.com/news.asp?num=10211

Thompson a Shark for 2006
Written by: Sharks media
28/11/2005
NRL_Dragons_thompson_lance-05.jpg

Former St George Illawarra forward Lance Thompson has agreed to terms and has signed a one-year agreement to play the 2006 season with the Cronulla Sharks.

The 27-year-old Thompson formalised his deal with the Sharks by signing a contract at Sharkies Leagues club today, in the company of Sharks General Manager Steve Rogers, coach Stuart Raper and Sharks Chairman Barry Pierce.

“This will be the start of a new chapter for me at the Sharks and I’m going to train hard, play hard and give it my best,” Thompson said.

“I’ve always had a lot of respect for the Sharks club and its players, the semi final we played against them last year was one of our toughest games all year, so I’m looking forward to playing alongside some of those guys.”

With the departure and retirement of a couple of key forwards, Thompson is being viewed by the Sharks as the perfect addition to a pack which will next year also include Queensland State of Origin prop Ben Ross.

Rogers, in announcing the new signing, didn’t rule out the prospect of Thompson moving from his preferred position of back row into the front row as a replacement for the likes of Jason Stevens and Danny Nutley.

“Stuart (Raper) and Lance spoke about the prospect of Lance playing in the front row and neither of them had any doubt he could handle the move,” Rogers said. “The way he plays I’m sure he could play either position.”

Sharks coach Raper was also enthusiastic about the prospect of being able to call on Thompson’s skill and experience next season.

“I thought he was one of St George’s best forwards last year so there’s no doubt Lance has got plenty of good football left in him,” Rogers said. “I’m sure he’ll fit in very well with us here at the Sharks.”

While only signing a one-year deal, Sharks General Manager Steve Rogers explained that the club would review Thompson’s future mid season, with the view to possibly extending his contract beyond 2006.

Thompson will train privately during the next two weeks, following a program put together by Sharks strength and conditioning coach Trent Elkin, before formally starting training with the Sharks on December 12.

“I’m going to try to clear my head after all that has gone on recently, I’ll go to Perth to support my good mate Choc (Anthony Mundine) before his next fight and I’ll do some hard training of my own before I start with the Sharks,” Thompson said.

The entire Sharks squad will be taking a short break from pre-season preparations

Dragonheart

Juniors
The Preacher said:
I suppose you have FACTS to back this up, have you, Sharknasal ???????
If not, FACT OFF, and annoy your swamp loving mates in your own damp and stinking forum.

Truth hurts huh? I've been saying the same thing since all the crap started, are you gonna tell me to 'Fact Off' as well? [rhetorical question]

The Preacher

First Grade
Dragonheart said:
Truth hurts huh? I've been saying the same thing since all the crap started, are you gonna tell me to 'Fact Off' as well? [rhetorical question]

Dragonheart, There are only a select few that know what has actually happened. Speculation never convicted anyone. Let's see what comes out at the AGM, where the questions have to be answered.
If people have sources, NAME THEM. This is a "no-name" forum, so toss the names up in the air and let their credibility be judged by the rank and file.

Dragonheart

Juniors
Wobbygong said:
Gunna,

Mate he's your problem now, I'm stoked his disruptive influence is now gone.

...and who do we have to replace him?

Poore, Payne, and Henderson are bench players, not run on players. They all do their part, but without the on-field impact of Lance Thompson. If somebody can launch a rocket up Ashton Sims butt, I'm sure he can fill the spot, because he has been seen to have that 'must get upfield' determination, and his defence can be very good at times.

More intensity, and consistency, in Ashton's playing style would see him improve to match Ben Creagh.....making a very lethal second row.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
The Love Moate said:
Thommos has given great service. But the management at the Dragons have decided to go in a different direction. The trips to America by Brown and Doust have re-inforced a few things when it comes to playing rosters. When it comes to star players who are disruptive influences or have the ability to hog headlines for wrong reasons there is no more tolerance. Players like Terrell Owens and Barry Bonds once used to get away with these things because they were valuable players. But now they are in trouble with their franchises and are in the process of being shown the door.

If there is one message that Brown and Doust have picked up in their travels to America it is that team harmony and unity cannot be sacrificed at the expense of one player. A bit like the Swans no dickhead policy.

Almost missed this little gem. Do you really believe the 'fact finding mission' was anything other then an expensive jaunt? A nice little holiday is all it was meant to be but the wheels fell off what with Laurie Dousts death and the Lance Thompson controversey. Don't believe me and I won't be surpised. After all you fell for the Masters/Saints board conspiracy.

Smithtown

Coach
Gunnamatta said:
Almost missed this little gem. Do you really believe the 'fact finding mission' was anything other then an expensive jaunt? A nice little holiday is all it was meant to be but the wheels fell off what with Laurie Dousts death and the Lance Thompson controversey. Don't believe me and I won't be surpised. After all you fell for the Masters/Saints board conspiracy.

Oh well, I must be sillier than I thought I was. There are too many conspiracy theories for me and if you know better then good on you. If I'm not mistaken this isn't Brown and Doust's first trip to America. They have also travelled to Europe when trying to pick the brains of clubs like Man United and Barcelona.

I think that they use these trips to study the programs that big clubs have in place. If it is just used for holidays then that is a great waste. I would rather be on holidays somewhere in the South Pacific rather than in Manchester in November.

G

gorilla

Gunnamatta said:

Gunna,

anyone who goes on a factf-inding mission and doesn't get hammered a number of times is fooling themselves or could be the next Bill Gates.

The fact is that now, well earlier, during autumn in US is a good time to get to visit teams and clubs - any later and they're either too busy or too rooted to spend any time with you.

Yes the wheels fell off but not from an expensive jaunt. Teams & clubs have been benefiting from the US trips since Jack Gibson & earlier.

MAFIA

Juniors
WELL IM A WESTS TIGER MAN (PREMIERS 05) YOU NO SOMETHING THAT YOUR CLUB HAS FAILED TO DO FOR A FEW YEARS NOW EVEN WITH THE BEST SIDE ON PAPER. NOW I'M NOT HERE TO BAG YOUR SIDE I ACTUALLY LIKE COOPER,BAILEY AND A FEW OTHERS, ANYWAY TO MY POINT LOVE HIM OR HATE THE BLOKE I HAVE NOT SEEN 1 POST ABOUT WHAT "THOMMO" DID FOR HIS CLUB A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO WHEN HE TOOK A BIG PAY CUT TO KEEP BARRETT AND THAT OTHER USELESS BLOKE GASNIER. FAIR DINKUM WHY WAS'NT GASNIER SACKED FOLLOWING HIS PART IN THE INFAMOUS S.O.O NIGHT, NOOOOOOOO NOT THE WONDER GUN GAZ, AND BARRETT'S STRIP AND PUSHUP STUNT AT A HOTEL NO SACKING THERE EITHER(AND HE IS YOUR CAPT) PLEASE AND THOMMO WAS ALLEGED TO HAVE SENT A TEXT MESSAGE TO JUSTIN POORE,sh*t I SIT HERE AND WONDER WHAT YOUR CLUB WOULD HAVE DONE O SHANE WARNE HAD HE PLAYED AT YOUR CLUB DEATH BY LETHAL INJECTION??????.
AND AS FOR ROY MASTERS PLEASEEEE GIVE ME A BREAK THE BLOKE LOVES NOTHING BETTER TO SELL PAPERS FOR HIS BOSS WITH HIS SENSASTIONAL STORY'S, HIS PIECE ON BRIAN GOORJANIN SPEAKING TO THE PLAYERS BEFORE YOUR GAME AGAINT US AND THAT "RED HEADED BLOKE" NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO HIS SPEECH AND BEING DISRUPTIVE, WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO A YANK BABBLING ON CRAP BEFORE 1 OF YOUR BIGGEST GAMES OF THE SEASON IF YOUR PLAYERS WER'NT READY BY THEN THEY WERE NEVER GOING TO WIN,THE BLOKE IS A BASKETBALL COACH FOR CHRIST SAKE,FOR MEMORY I THINK YOU HAD PHIL GOULD IN THERE TOO AND HE ACHIEVED SIMILAR RESULTS, BUT NO IT WAS LANCE THOMSON WHO LOST THAT GAME AND ALL THE OTHER ONES TOO, MY FATHER WOULD BE ROLLING IN HIS GRAVE TODAY BEING A SUPPORTER FOR OVER 50YEARS, MAYBE PETER DOUST AND SUPER COACH BROWN SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE FLICK AND CERTAIN PLAYERS PUT ON NOTICE,RYLES,BARRETT,AND THE GREAT GAZ THESE 3 TAKE UP 90% OF YOUR SALARY BUT I WILL BET MY LEFT 1 THE 3 WILL NEVER BE TREATED LIKE THOMPSON.............
BEST OF LUCK FOR THE 2006 SEASON SAINTS FANS.

MAFIA