What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Whispers: Saint's Chase Rangi (Part II)

Always the optimist, but I don't recall feeling like he could win us every game.

And I don't recall him always getting us to the eight. In particular, 2003 (Brown's first year as coach) and 2007 (arguably our WORST season in history). Plus we barely scraped into the eight in 2008 and 2009.

But I do recall the onset of mediocrity when making the eight was considered a 'success' during the Brownie years.

Thankfully, our expectations are higher nowadays (thanks to 2010), probably to Price's detriment.

Not having a shot at Brown, just keeping it in perspective.

I'm no believer of Steve Price, but have to agree with this statement i.e. our expectations are higher due to 2010 - and this is to Price's detriment. Poor bugger.

But, he had a great mentor and was present when all the 'systems' were put in place by Uncle Wayne.

I draw on WB's comments in his acceptance speach when he got the gig at the dragons at the start of 2009. He said most of the hard stuff was in place, and that only a few tweeks were necessary for the team to win games and from that believe in their ability to win a comp. In saying that he was acknowleging Brown's work, and referring to the discipline necessary that in turn generates a culture of winning. Each player given simple instructions as to what exactly their job was. And the team was expert at knowing how to win.

My question of Steve Price as a coach is - how does all that discipline get lost so quickly?

tumbidragon

First Grade
lol How is this not dead and buried yet? I really wanted him to come back but It really doesn't look like Its guna happen. Time to move on and stop dreaming me thinks.

dragonrickjs

Juniors
Not many options left. Although I think Widdop and Sam Williams would make a good combo.
With Williams now down the order at the raiders I'm hoping we can get something done this year.

cas1

Juniors
Chase has allegedly signed for Salford Reds.

Chase has allegedly signed for every super league club that can afford him in the last two seasons and some aussie ones as well as you know.
when hull wanted to sign him last season they had visa issues and employed top lawyers to sort it out and they failed still expect him to go to st george if he is leaving cas.

Steelman

Juniors
Chase has allegedly signed for every super league club that can afford him in the last two seasons and some aussie ones as well as you know.
when hull wanted to sign him last season they had visa issues and employed top lawyers to sort it out and they failed still expect him to go to st george if he is leaving cas.

As i have mentioned previously Rangi will not be issued a visa untill his alleged assult charge has been dealt with. End of story....

possm

Coach
Ok that means Chase can't leave the UK until this issue is resolved. Does that mean he can't sign with us now to beat the end of June deadline and then come to us when the problem is resloved?

cas1

Juniors
As i have mentioned previously Rangi will not be issued a visa untill his alleged assult charge has been dealt with. End of story....
What assault charge is that.
The assault charge that he had before he came to cas has been dealt with in his own country he got a suspended sentence not aware of any more,that is what is causing problems for him signing for any english clubs.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
There's no alleged assault charge outstanding against Chase.

He was convicted of assault in Australia in 2011. He actually flew to Australia to face court, and then returned to the UK after being handed a suspended sentence. So that part was dealt with about two years ago.

Are you talking about his visa renewal?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
What assault charge is that.
The assault charge that he had before he came to cas has been dealt with in his own country he got a suspended sentence not aware of any more,that is what is causing problems for him signing for any english clubs.
Chase is a New Zealander. The case was dealt with in Australia.

Bang

Juniors
Chase is a New Zealander. The case was dealt with in Australia.

That is true but it is very hard to get a visa issued or renewed in the UK if you have a conviction recorded against you. This is why Todd Carney didn't go to the Super League when he was banned by the NRL.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The poms shouldn't talk. We accepted their convicts for over 60 years and this is how they repay us.

Latest posts