What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Whispers: Saint's Chase Rangi (Part II)

Minh

First Grade
Hypothetical but if we had Rangi and Dugan and the likes of King, Cooper and Morris stay fit, we can beat anybody on our day.

bottle

Coach
Oh no.
I'm expecting to see a certain phrase flogged to death in the near term until I'm bleeding from the eyes.

Mr Red

First Grade
Hypothetical but if we had Rangi and Dugan and the likes of King, Cooper and Morris stay fit, we can beat anybody on our day.

yeah we would win more then what we do currently with all that extra individual brilliance in the team, however without a decent coach and sound game plan we would still not compete against the top teams..
the club is risking another Nathan Brown era where they put together all the right cattle to win a comp, but kept falling at the last hurdles due to being out coached..

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
At least Browny got us to the 8 and we went to every game feeling that we could win it. This muppet has made the Dragons a laughing stock and now you know the Saints have no hope when they come up against the top 8 side.

Did you hear any commentator say " All you need is to score 2-3 tries and you beat the Dragons as they don't have enough points in them", when Browny or anyone was coach of the Dragons? That alone is an insult and shows how bad they are.

Farah was the worst coach in St George Illawarra's history but Pricey can now claim that record. ANd I don't think he will ever lose that title.

Minh

First Grade
To be fair he hasn't been given a good fair crack at it yet with key injuries and recruitment, that's not to say that he's proven his ability yet. That he must do if he wants to be a career coach. 2014 will answer a lot of questions.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
At least Browny got us to the 8 and we went to every game feeling that we could win it. This muppet has made the Dragons a laughing stock and now you know the Saints have no hope when they come up against the top 8 side.

Did you hear any commentator say " All you need is to score 2-3 tries and you beat the Dragons as they don't have enough points in them", when Browny or anyone was coach of the Dragons? That alone is an insult and shows how bad they are.

Farah was the worst coach in St George Illawarra's history but Pricey can now claim that record. ANd I don't think he will ever lose that title.

To be fair mate Brown had a roster one only could drool over. Forwads. Centres. Half and five eight

twinkletoes

Juniors
To be fair he hasn't been given a good fair crack at it yet with key injuries and recruitment, that's not to say that he's proven his ability yet. That he must do if he wants to be a career coach. 2014 will answer a lot of questions.

You're saying it will have taken 3 years to see if he is a good coach??

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Just as well we didn't remove the thread.

If the question was ask: Who is better coach, Brown or Price?

I suppose quite a few posters would say that Brown had more time. Therefore, time will tell if Price is more successful.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Browny did have a great squad. Players like Aaron Gorrell were playing in the halves at one stage, hence the strength of the squad. Bickerstaff, Isemonger, Wicks. Great backrow but he brought the best out of them.

People seem to forget during the Browny ere he had injuries to Gaz, Barrett, Bailey, Ryles, etc to contend with. It was well documented that he had a great squad but never managed to get them all on the park at the same time.

Bailey was out for 2 season with peck injuries, same with Gaz he had a couple of long stints on the sidelines. He probably flogged them to much at training I suppose.

gypsy

Bench
:lol: Slippery taking things too far once again.
Brown may not have had our star players ALL on the field at once very often, who does?
We still had a side almost every week that any coach would envy. Brown had more options available as well.

Last edited: