What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Whispers: Saint's Chase Rangi (Part II)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
At least Browny got us to the 8 and we went to every game feeling that we could win it.
Always the optimist, but I don't recall feeling like he could win us every game.

And I don't recall him always getting us to the eight. In particular, 2003 (Brown's first year as coach) and 2007 (arguably our WORST season in history). Plus we barely scraped into the eight in 2008 and 2009.

But I do recall the onset of mediocrity when making the eight was considered a 'success' during the Brownie years.

Thankfully, our expectations are higher nowadays (thanks to 2010), probably to Price's detriment.

Not having a shot at Brown, just keeping it in perspective.

watatank

Coach
Next year we will actually look like Price's team rather than the remnants of what Brown and Bennett developed. That will be the best indication of his coaching abilities.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sorry, I meant just 2008.

The infamous showdown at Brookvale.

2007 and 2008 (Brown's last two years) were pretty miserable.

Minh

First Grade
You're saying it will have taken 3 years to see if he is a good coach??

No I'm just saying that it's still not clear cut. I don't think even Bennett would have faired much better with our recent squad 2012 onwards.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
And to reiterate, I contend that 2007 was our worst ladder result in the history of St George.

I was spewing when the Club published that Chairman's report saying how we were 'only two wins outside of the top eight'.

What the Club Chairman neglected to mention was that we were only one loss away from the spoon. Disgraceful spin. Deserved nothing but contempt from the fans.

Never forget.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Back to Rangi, sorry to bore you with my Browny stuff, I hear he is still on the cards and will be joining the Dragons in June. Guy I spoke to has pretty strong connections and it is not a matter of if but when Rangi will be joining. Probably why Price is not throwing anyone in just yet and waiting for Rangi to finally arrive.

redbreed

Juniors
Back to Rangi, sorry to bore you with my Browny stuff, I hear he is still on the cards and will be joining the Dragons in June. Guy I spoke to has pretty strong connections and it is not a matter of if but when Rangi will be joining. Probably why Price is not throwing anyone in just yet and waiting for Rangi to finally arrive.

I tend to agree with you. Nothing official has come out regarding rangi not coming and Doust did say that it would stIll be a few weeks until anything happens. The fact everything has gone quiet is probably a good thing for us.

mmap dragons

Juniors

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens slip. Most Cas supporters are still indicating Chase will not be there much longer. Some whispers around the Dragons have tied up a half. Social media announced yes, However, Announced by a reliable source whom has been correct with player signings thus far.

Stay tuned.

Twenty10

Juniors
I wouldn't be surprised if it happens slip. Most Cas supporters are still indicating Chase will not be there much longer. Some whispers around the Dragons have tied up a half. Social media announced yes, However, Announced by a reliable source whom has been correct with player signings thus far.

Stay tuned.

I hear that half is sam Williams... Not Rangi chase

nontime111

Juniors
Maybe Dousty got in touch with one of John Howard or Richos RICH mates and said LEZZZZ DO IT!!!!! GO THE RANGI !!! PLEASE MAKE IT RANGI!!! hes the true SUPERSTARR CANT YOU SEE FROM HIS YOUTUBE VIDS? :lol:

What's that Slip ??!! ....Price with a plan? ...a strategy you mean? God I hope you're right Skip ....I mean Slip!

Latest posts