What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Whispers: Saint's Chase Rangi (Part II)

TheRev

First Grade
at least he won't have to spend months studying our highly complicated play book...
lols.. I like that Soward atm, well he isnt running at teh line as if hes going to break it, everyone knows he will pass, but he is sizing up the defensive line out wide and taking more intelligent risks..

It's not % football like you might see from Cronks and co, its risky on early tackle count etc.. but I dont give a crap, I just want him to use his skills and excite me, get the defence in 2 minds.

nontime111

Juniors
Onya REV! Thats what its all about hey? Been LOVING the sheer amount of ball throwing and just spontaneous play So cool! Much more fun to watch than overstructured over analyitical play...reminds me of the 70s again So damn refreshing hope they keep it up, people forget its a GAME...as in, FUN! Dragons bringing back the fun bigtime and they look like theyre REALLY ENJOYING THEMSELVES...and when your in the moment like that magic happens KEEP IT UP LADS NICE WORK!!! :lol:

chemics

Juniors
http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-league/news/article/2/8645093/chase-exit-on-the-cards

Chase exit on the cards

Last Updated:*April 17 2013, 8:44 BST

England international Rangi Chase's return to Australia appeared to move a step closer on Wednesday morning when stand-off Jamie Soward left St George Illawarra for Penrith.
Chase: Linked with a move The Dragons failed in a bid to sign Castleford half-back Chase last year but are thought to have made a new offer for the 2011 Man of Steel.Soward's move to Penrith on a four-year deal from next season creates room for Chase to complete his move, although St George Illawarra chief executive Peter Doust was tight-lipped on the subject."As has been speculated for some time, we are in a strong position regarding recruitment but we have never been interested in speculating," Doust said."

Chase exit on the cards

Added: 2 hours ago

Video: Super League Back Chat

Added: 10 hours ago

Lomax setback for Saints

Added: 16 hours ago

Rhinos to rise to the Challenge

Added: 20 hours ago

Noble set to splash the cash

Added: 22 hours agoRugby League HomeLike this pageTweet this page

Sporting Life

Top© 2013 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd, All Rights Reserved.Sportinglife.com

Search

Bet Now*£10 Free Bet*Super League*Challenge Cup*NRL*World Cup*Odds

Here's hoping he's on that 5am flight on Friday! !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

cas1

Juniors
Rangi Chase in the Castleford Tigers 19 man squad for friday night read into that what you like as things are i do not expect him to play,but i hope he does.

jenninga

First Grade
Moley has Chase back in Oz next week,he says for Anzac game,i say more like the game after,who the f#*k knows.

hardbaby

Coach
The original plan.
Beale at fullback
Style at five eight
Soward at half.

Style gets injured (season) and Fien comes in.
Is Drinkwater an option?
Opens up a spot for King on the bench at hooker.

King gets injured.
We showcase Drinkwater and Cook.

Beale gets injured (season).
Nighty drops back to fullback.
Vidot onto the wing.

Then Rangi replaces Fien with Soward back at half.
And hopefully Dugan replaces Beale.

A "spine" that had grave concerns over it at the start of the season becomes:

Dugan
Rangi
Sowie
Rein

How's that for an amazingly unlikely reversal of fortune?
And not next year.
This year.
Soon.
Now?

chemics

Juniors
Hmmm I wonder if this is the reason things are taking a while....????
did we approach too early after last attempt???

Meanwhile, as England international Rangi Chase edges ever closer to a move away from Castleford, Gill has revealed the player was the subject of an illegal approach.
Gill confirmed that Chase has expressed an interest in returning to Australia, mostly likely to his old club St George Illawarra, and that the Tigers would not stand in his way if he was adamant about a move.
But Gill insists that no request was made for permission to speak to the 2011 Man of Steel, who is contracted to the Super League outfit until the end of 2015.
"It came as a bit of a shock when I find out that had been done," he said.
"But I can't help that, that's been done and it's time to move forward. I only want people who want to be at this club."

http://eurosport.du.ae/rugby-league/castleford-not-rushing-appointment_sto3716899/story.shtml

Last edited by a moderator: