What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Whispers: Saint's Chase Rangi (Part II)

TheRev

First Grade
I dont know much about Rangi's position, is he able to start immediately, or are we talking end of season? Its offseason anyway in super league right.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I dont know much about Rangi's position, is he able to start immediately, or are we talking end of season? Its offseason anyway in super league right.

no, ESL runs in parallel with NRL - might be able to gain a release from Castleford though with a view to signing any time before June 30 ( other NRL clubs might be in the hunt for him as well )

Mr Red

First Grade
no, ESL runs in parallel with NRL - might be able to gain a release from Castleford though with a view to signing any time before June 30 ( other NRL clubs might be in the hunt for him as well )

correct
castleford would grant rangi an immediate release for the right offer... ie a large transfer fee i am assuming..
He would then be available immediately for us as soon as Price wishes to select him.

bottle

Coach
At the time the decision not to sign him was made we had Style and King available. Do people really have such short memories?

Saintsified

Bench
Saintsified how do u know this buddy?
Hope its true.

I Stated before, a good mate is good friends with rangi's cousin, he has been feeding me all the info.

I dont want to make a big deal out of it cause things can change but i doubt it, its a done deal.

Saintsified

Bench
this is building now

Rugby League News ‏@RugbyLeagueNews 8h
It looks like Castelford half and former Dragons Rangi Chase will sign with St George Illawarra for this season in the coming days. #NRL

TheRev

First Grade
I dont want to make a big deal out of it cause things can change but i doubt it, its a done deal.

Appreciate any info we can get, lets hope we have a signing... assuming hes playing ok footy anyway, it would mean Fien can cover backup hooker, however even if we sign him, how long would he need to be ready?

Btw your statement is the ultimate of having it both ways, but I get where your coming from.

bottle

Coach
I Stated before, a good mate is good friends with rangi's cousin, he has been feeding me all the info.

Not doubting your info Saintsified, but after all the rumours, innuendo and 'done deals' so far this season and off season, I'll wait till I see him run out in the Red V before I take it as a for real deal.

Saintsified

Bench
iM hearing ya Bottle and im not one to ever make up shit on here, but this one time and mutual friends have given me every bit of confidence its a done deal, more importantly he may be even rushed to appear v the Roosters.....thats what ive been told and thats why he will be here by friday.

Saintsified

Bench
Appreciate any info we can get, lets hope we have a signing... assuming hes playing ok footy anyway, it would mean Fien can cover backup hooker, however even if we sign him, how long would he need to be ready?

Btw your statement is the ultimate of having it both ways, but I get where your coming from.

lol, ok drop the second sentence then, ill go out on a limb and say its 100%, unless of course ive been lied too but i doubt that too lol

theboyem

Juniors
Deal done, Rangi will be available for your next game, he flies out of England tomorrow. Don't worry about the fee either, you've got him for peanuts. He'll go well for you, you'll just need to keep him in check.

TheRev

First Grade
haha yep, but honestly as we have found out on numerous occasions, anything can happen in negotiations, but it would be nice to have an old saint back home.

With the week off its an interesting time, he might actually be rushed in, bit of pressure for him to be in so soon after no games for the cutters, and against a team who is killing it, but hey.. sooner the better really, would love some creativity.

cas1

Juniors
still no official statements coming from castleford tigers but then no denials,think the removal vans in his driveway this morning could be a clue

Latest posts