What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morely gets 7

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I think he should of been given a medal. It was only the NRL's BIGGEST GRUB, Corey Hughes that he kneed.

He's been ripped off.

ratsack2

Juniors
Should have gotten 18 weeks, sh*t how bad is his record. and the knee was a king hit. f**k if it was a sharks player he would have been given a year

wittyfan

Referee
He pled guilty, so that would have taken some weeks off.

In any case, a precedent has now been set for kneeing.

Hammershark said:
Especially with a clean record you get 10 and with 10 suspensions since 2001 you only get 7 go figure

The Morley incident was no where near as bad as Bird's in my opinion.

And I agree with Frenz.. on the mitigating circumstance that it was Corey f**king Hughes, Morley should've been given some sort of monetary reward.

BWNB

First Grade
No morely come out of the line and connected.... there was clear intenion and he has a bad record WTF?

Julie

Juniors
PHaTMaN said:
Why wasnt Morley's as bad as Birds?

Birds got the bloke straight in the face which was a whole lot worse, Morley missed. 7 weeks is spot in my opinion. He no longer can play nrl for the chooks but he shouldn't have to miss out playing for his country.

beekershark

Bench
bullsh*t, the sentance is bullsh*t. ANyone who looked at birds knee and morleys knee without bias, without looking at who the players are and what colours they are wearing, will tell you the morely knee waz filled with far more intent and purpose and he should have got far longer than bird.

how do I know ? I was watching the fox sports news replays at the pub with the sound turned down with about 12 Irish men and women who arrived here only this morning and have never seen a league match in their life. They couldnt believe the second incident ( morleys) was deemed 3 weeks better than the BIrd incident.

The fact it was corey hughes is irrelvent and Frenzy knows it. Im no hughes fan , but then Im no marteene fan either.

spider

Coach
++ Gregos v.4 said:
And I agree with Frenz.. on the mitigating circumstance that it was Corey f**king Hughes, Morley should've been given some sort of monetary reward.

So if you had a son playing the game as i do, and he is the recpient of an incident such as this - and at their age where they cannot take physical treatment such as an adult player and maybe cop a broken rib or two, you would be ok with a minimal charge if your son was considered a grub in the game.

Sometimes the clouds never break to see the light of day.

Special K

Coach
Birds had no where near the force that Morley gave Hughes. Bird got 12 weeks but got 2 taken off cause he didn't fight it. I don't get how you can said Birds was almost twice as bad let alone on the same level.

They've done this because england sucks and they need help in the tri nations.

Inferno

Coach
wittyfan said:
He pled guilty, so that would have taken some weeks off.

In any case, a precedent has now been set for kneeing.

He was referred straight to the judiciary so there was no discount for an early plea. Its a joke IMO, even if it was to Hughes.

Anyone know what the charge was exactly?

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Special K said:
Birds had no where near the force that Morley gave Hughes. Bird got 12 weeks but got 2 taken off cause he didn't fight it. I don't get how you can said Birds was almost twice as bad let alone on the same level.

They've done this because england sucks and they need help in the tri nations.

I think K has hit the nail on the head, they did it so he wouldnt miss the tri-nations.

Morleys had far more intent and force behind it that Birds, Morley raced out of the line, he wasn't even involved in the tackle, add to that his appauling record and seven weeks is a joke.

Compare it to some other things that have been given 7 weeks.

I couldn't really care at the end of the day, the thug will never play in the NRL again and I couldnt care much for the Tri-Nations.

bluey

Bench
I like the bloke but i would have given him 15 weeks min for intent, walked 3 metres to do it.
There will be a outcry over this and so there should be.

warren

Juniors
I honestly can't beleive this.
morley made the effort to come out of the defensive line to knee corey. should have received atleast 10.

Latest posts