What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morley may play Origin

melon....

Coach
pennywisealfie said:
he must stay british, if he becomes an origin player, this will signify the beginning of the end for international footy.
How is that Alfie? Did Adrian Lam (NEw Guinea Captain) playing for QLD end International footy? Did Tonnie Carrol (Kiwi Thug?) playing QLD Origin end International Footy?

I say he must represent Brittain, But HE MUST PLAY ORIGIN FOR NSW for 2 reasons.

Firstly and foremost, to add some much needed venom in these games. Secondly to replace the soft cocks like Kite again to inject some much needed venom.

Moggles

Juniors
Rules for Origin are already tarnished so I cannot see it getting any better.
Too many players are wanting to play for Australia which weakens all other countries.

Eels Dude

Coach
He shouldn't be allowed to play origin. It defies the nature of the game if he is eligible to play for NSW.

half

Coach
if he honestly considers himself a new south welshman, i've got no problem with it

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
melon.... said:
pennywisealfie said:
he must stay british, if he becomes an origin player, this will signify the beginning of the end for international footy.
How is that Alfie? Did Adrian Lam (NEw Guinea Captain) playing for QLD end International footy? Did Tonnie Carrol (Kiwi Thug?) playing QLD Origin end International Footy?
Bullsh*t. Lam and Carrol qualified for Origin under standard elegibility rules, ie they started their football carreers in Queensland, they just happenned to have been born or had ancestry in other countries. Morley was born raised and because a top level footballer in the UK, and only moved to Australia as an established player. If he becomes elegible for Origin the whole thing becomes meaningless. For those of you who are a bit slow, it's called state of ORIGIN for a reason:

Origin (or-i-gin)

1: The point at which something comes into existence or from which it derives or is derived.
2: Ancestry: “We cannot escape our origins, however hard we try” (James Baldwin).
3: The fact of originating; rise or derivation: The rumor had its origin in an impulsive remark.

Using definition one, State of Origin elegibility is determined by the the state in which a player's gootball carreer had it's origin. In no way can Morley ever be said to meet that definition.

Moggles

Juniors
If we let him play for NSW or Australia, we may as well treat it like the Rugby Union.
They have bloke from all around the world playing for our country.

ibeme

First Grade
He can become an Australian residant if he wants to, but unless he has the ability to change history, he can't become a NSW Origin representative. That's not what SOO is about. It'd be like watching QLD v NSW/England.

If he decides that he wants to play for the Kangaroos, than he's morally corrupt in my opinion, and places no value whatsoever in the meaning of representing your country.

morley is a disgrace
we're no longer a convict colony
we shouldnt let convicted criminals into this country, let alone become residents

miladi

Juniors
If Morley is only applying for residency (why isn't he already?) not citizenship, how could he be considered for australian side - he is still British, not Australian. There is a big difference! Same with SOO.

Jeez..how many backrowers do we need?
Simpson..kennedy..hindmarsh...Fitzgibbon
All better and get the jobs done.

Hes a pommie and they need him more.Australia Vs The Numpties. :(

fillapop

Juniors
old_man_smythers said:
NO WAY!!! Morely is Brit from inside out! i cant see him play for the kangaroos or the NSW Origin! If he plays for Australia... than it will be a catastrophe for GB if his country do have a huge rugby league support?!

Players like Minichiello and that lebo guy whats his name, their country of origin dont have rugby league background so why would morely play for australia and in the state of origin?

Cheers
35-0 :D :lol:

ummm mini was born in aus and hazem el masri does play 4 lebanon