What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morley may play Origin

Pantherjim. said:
Tommy Smith said:
He will play origin next year, for sure. And he's a Kiwi. Sounds like one, looks like one, IS ONE!

:roll: You sound as if this is an obvious fact and that anyone who doesn't know that Hunt is a Kiwi is an idiot. Well, Newsflash: I don't follow Brisbane!

In any case, If he is a Kiwi, IMO he shouldn't get a Queensland jumper unless he takes the oath of allegiance to Australia and becomes a naturalised Oz citizen.

Tony Puletua is a Penrith Junior (been out here since he was six) but he can't play for the Blues or Australia because he hasn't been naturalised.

Simple: No citizenship, No rep honours.

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

Spot on.

In-goal

Bench
Morley wouldn't do anything that would hinder him wearing his beloved Lions Jersey, now that is fact

Iafeta

Referee
Razor said:
The difference is that Hunt has been in Australia for a long time (don't hold me to it but I think he came over when he was 12).

And he's 17 now. So 5 years. Morely will be in Australia 5 years come next year, so same amount of time.

I'm not saying Morely should be allowed to play, he shouldn't. But Hunt shouldn't be either.

Bingo. I've been here 5 years and there's no way in the world I'm a New South Welshman over a Kiwi. I'm a bit gobsmacked that young Karmichael does but.

ali

Bench
Well a competitive Tri Nations this November will hopefully go a long way towards making International footy more appealing.

I've got no problems with Hunt choosing QLD. It is disappointing, but he moved here with his family. He didn't move to Aus to play football. If he'd stayed in NZ, he may not have even ended up a League player.

However if the likes of Williams or Marshall had turned down NZ, I would be spitting chips, as both of them moved to Australia on football scholarships. That's the difference.

The likes of Puletua, and the Cayless's could easily have played for Australia. Thankfully they chose the Kiwis.

Razor

Coach
You sound as if this is an obvious fact and that anyone who doesn't know that Hunt is a Kiwi is an idiot. Well, Newsflash: I don't follow Brisbane!

You shouldn't have to follow Brisbane to know that. If you're a League fan you should know.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Razor said:
You shouldn't have to follow Brisbane to know that. If you're a League fan you should know.

:roll: Why?

As I've said, the nationality and origins of players in clubs other than my own do not really concern me.

As far as I'm concerned, As a Penrith Panthers Supporter, It doesn't make me any less a League fan than you if I don't know where some 17 year old fullback from Brisbane comes from.

It also doesn't make you any more of a League fan than I just because you know every player in the N.R.L.'s: nationality, age, height, weight, eye colour, hair colour, c*ck length, post game career aspirations, turn-ons, favourite colours etc.

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

SaintTPP

First Grade
Morely is the biggest thug in the game, if he ever goes anywhere near a NSW or Aus, Jersey I will die. He should have gotten on report for that shamefull high tackle of Ryles, let alone the other one aswell.

hop

Juniors
the way i see it...
i agree wityh what everyone seems to be saying...
also, he is taking someone else's position... someone else's honour of playing for their state...
he couldnt even be proud to play for nsw...

coldhardbitch

Juniors
Oz have no need of him. he will just become another 5 minute wonder, like villisanti. played for oz in 1 test, purely so he couldnt represent NZ.

Does anyone know what state villa would play for in SOO?

morely is the best 2nd rower in our game. let the poms have him. he made the ashes such a great spectacle last year, and will conitinue to get me watching great international footy.