What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morley may play Origin

ShireShark said:
morley is a disgrace
we're no longer a convict colony
we shouldnt let convicted criminals into this country, let alone become residents

Well, we'd have to throw the prime minister out, as he broke every international law in the book to invade Iraq!

Parra_Eels

Bench
just disgraceful if hes allowed. he's played tests for great britain and sounds nothing like a bloody aussie - HE IS ENGLISH!

ali

Bench
The biggest beat up story ever. There was nothing credable in that article suggeesting Morley was dumping GB for Origin and Australia. And it was written by the same bloke who today wrote that the last RL world cup was in 2001. Dean Ritchie is a pretty poor journo, who knows nothing about International footy.

Why cant the RFL adopt the same which FIFA has on players

for e.g. fredric kanoutes parents are from Mali, Kanoute was born in France and he had to choose between France and Mali and he chose Mali because France have too many good quality strikers.

But with Morely, he is born in England, he played for his nation and there is no way he can play for Australia!

Cheers
35-0 :D :lol:

He not from Australia, and certainly not from NSW or QLD so he can't play SOO. He should only be allowed to play for the Poms. WHo cares if he becomes 'australian', he is a pom. So wendell shouldn't have played SOO either because he's from Sarina or some little place.

Morley would be suited to State of Origin and let's face it, the pommies are crap at all sports so he would be better off playing for a country he lives in now.

;-)

LESStar58

Referee
It would be a body blow for international rugby league if Morley is eligible to play for the Roos. Face it he is GBs key forward and he along with Sculthorpe, Long and Radlinski are the lynchpins of their attack...hopefully it doesn't happen!

Iafeta

Referee
miladi said:
If Morley is only applying for residency (why isn't he already?) not citizenship, how could he be considered for australian side - he is still British, not Australian. There is a big difference! Same with SOO.

Wasn't Willie Mason living off a Kiwi passport/Australian residency?

Just one of the many fallacies of the farce we call International League. Its hypocritical, on the one hand we have Gus Gould telling the world how embarrassing International league is, on the other hand we have people getting in the ear of Karmichael Hunt and pushing him towards Origin.

Thankfully the likes of Sonny-Bill Williams and Benji Marshall have enough nuts and dignity to represent who they truly are since day 1, not what they've bought into.

Iafeta

Referee
SpaceMonkey said:
Razor said:
There are rule in place to say who is eligable for rep teams. Morley doesnt fit any of the requirement needed to play for NSW!

Yes he does fit the requirments. The first Rugby League he played in Australia after the age of 16 was in NSW, and he'll be available for Australia. They're the only 2 rules there are. He fits them both.
But didn't he play league in England after his 16th birthday prior to playing in Australia? Therefore his state of Origin lies in England, not in Australia, therefore he is NOT elegible.
Under your rules every Kiwi playing for a NSW club could become Origin elegible simply by getting an Australian passport (and a hell of a lot of them could do that tomorrow if they wanted to)

You don't even really need an Australian passport - refer Willie Mason flying into New Zealand for the Kangas on a Kiwi passport because he didn't have an Australian one! :lol:

Razor

Coach
If Morley is only applying for residency (why isn't he already?)

Because he is only playing on a work visa. That's how most of the Aussies/Kiwis are playing in England - not through residency, but through a work visa.

Ditto all the Aussies playing RU in the US, Europe, etc. then play for those countries at the world cup.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Just another ploy to get a Rooster in a Blue's jersey. Nothing more.

Just Australian Residency as a qualification for a Blue's jersey is a complete joke. If Morley has origin aspirations, he should be made to renounce his British citizenship and swear an oath of allegiance to Australia. Otherwise he can p*ss right off back to Pommie Land.

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

Pantherjim.

Referee
Razor said:
he should be made to renounce his British citizenship and swear an oath of allegiance to Australia.

Karmichal Hunt?

I admit, I've no idea as to what Hunt's Nationality is. Enlighten me Razor?

In any case, he didn't even play Origin this season.

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

Razor

Coach
I admit, I've no idea as to what Hunt's Nationality is. Enlighten me Razor?

In any case, he didn't even play Origin this season.

A Kiwi.

And he will play next year.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
The difference is that Hunt has been in Australia for a long time (don't hold me to it but I think he came over when he was 12).

Razor

Coach
The difference is that Hunt has been in Australia for a long time (don't hold me to it but I think he came over when he was 12).

And he's 17 now. So 5 years. Morely will be in Australia 5 years come next year, so same amount of time.

I'm not saying Morely should be allowed to play, he shouldn't. But Hunt shouldn't be either.

Karmichael Hunt is a Kiwi and should be playing for the Kiwis..so should Timana Tahu and Willie Mason.

:roll: :roll:

Razor

Coach
Karmichael Hunt is a Kiwi and should be playing for the Kiwis..so should Timana Tahu and Willie Mason.

Tahu shouldn't play for the Kiwis. He hasn't lived in NZ a day in his life. All he has is a Kiwi mother.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Tommy Smith said:
He will play origin next year, for sure. And he's a Kiwi. Sounds like one, looks like one, IS ONE!

:roll: You sound as if this is an obvious fact and that anyone who doesn't know that Hunt is a Kiwi is an idiot. Well, Newsflash: I don't follow Brisbane!

In any case, If he is a Kiwi, IMO he shouldn't get a Queensland jumper unless he takes the oath of allegiance to Australia and becomes a naturalised Oz citizen.

Tony Puletua is a Penrith Junior (been out here since he was six) but he can't play for the Blues or Australia because he hasn't been naturalised.

Simple: No citizenship, No rep honours.

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg