What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris hits out at Eels

Stagger eel

Staff member
James_Hardie said:

we are talking to atleast 1 five-eight and there's another touted if this doesn't come off.

he's name's been mentioned a few times here.

James_Hardie

Juniors
eelavation said:
have a look at who's available, there's not many of them on the market.

Well Travis Burns and Scott Hill are coming off contract i believe. But i don't think either have been given permission to negotiate.

So if they aren't negotiating yet, who are we "talking to"?

The only other half is Reynolds, and i don't know if he has been given permission or not. And we shouldn't be talking to him as a first grader anyway.

Stagger eel

Staff member
James_Hardie said:
Well Travis Burns and Scott Hill are coming off contract i believe. But i don't think either have been given permission to negotiate.

So if they aren't negotiating yet, who are we "talking to"?

The only other half is Reynolds, and i don't know if he has been given permission or not. And we shouldn't be talking to him as a first grader anyway.

I think Scott Hill has been given permission.

V1er

Juniors
Well the storm have said scott hill wont be with them next year, so i'd assume he's been given permission to find a different club either here or in england.

Stagger eel

Staff member
James_Hardie said:
He's an option because he is off contract, but do you know if we are talking to him?

ok, I know we're interested, that's about all I can say.

The Colonel

Immortal
James_Hardie said:

Do we have to play this game everyday until someone is signed? We know they are talking to some players from other clubs. The details as to who they are are not known to myself or eela.

strider

Post Whore
eelavation said:
at the end of the day it was the Head coach's call to want him, not management as with most if not all cases in the NRL the head coach is given Autonomy [sp] on who to have at the club.
btw - i'm including Hages in my "current recruitment management" statement

i'm not really pissed that morris is leaving and i don't believe that chasing JL cost us anyone else (cos technically no one else could be had before june 30 anyway) ... I just think those with some power should have shown a bit of better judgement by going back after the tool - which includes those currently at the club telling Hages not to go near him.

anyway - it'll all work itself out .... i think next year is more about fixing attitudes than recruiting stars (altho a few tough forwards wouldn't go astray)

James_Hardie

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Do we have to play this game everyday until someone is signed? We know they are talking to some players from other clubs. The details as to who they are are not known to myself or eela.

There is a poster on here (maybe Parrapete, i can't remember ). He comes on and says things like "Simon Woolford will sign with the Dragons". And he is prooven either right or wrong. He probably hears inklings it is on the way, before he knows for sure, but either way he puts it out there and can be shown to be right or wrong.

Then there are comments from others like you two who make statements of fact like "we are talking to people" and you tack ;-) and :-$ on the end of your posts. If you are privy to info, good for you, but if it is info that can't be shared with the world, why come on here and make half arsed statements like "we are are talking to a 5/8", but then not back it up with names? You either no or you don't, but statements of fact like those can never be proven or disproven, so why say it?

Make on opinion, or say "i hope", but if you want to make statements like somone who knows more than most, then be willing to back it up.

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
btw - i'm including Hages in my "current recruitment management" statement

i'm not really pissed that morris is leaving and i don't believe that chasing JL cost us anyone else (cos technically no one else could be had before june 30 anyway) ... I just think those with some power should have shown a bit of better judgement by going back after the tool - which includes those currently at the club telling Hages not to go near him.

anyway - it'll all work itself out .... i think next year is more about fixing attitudes than recruiting stars (altho a few tough forwards wouldn't go astray)

you know what they say about hindsight?..Idealy we'd love to nab a couple of big forwards, we'll just have to see what happens.

Stagger eel

Staff member
James_Hardie said:
There is a poster on here (maybe Parrapete, i can't remember ). He comes on and says things like "Simon Woolford will sign with the Dragons". And he is prooven either right or wrong. He probably hears inklings it is on the way, before he knows for sure, but either way he puts it out there and can be shown to be right or wrong.

Then there are comments from others like you two who make statements of fact like "we are talking to people" and you tack ;-) and :-$ on the end of your posts. If you are privy to info, good for you, but if it is info that can't be shared with the world, why come on here and make half arsed statements like "we are are talking to a 5/8", but then not back it up with names? You either no or you don't, but statements of fact like those can never be proven or disproven, so why say it?

Make on opinion, or say "i hope", but if you want to make statements like somone who knows more than most, then be willing to back it up.

I'll give you a reason why we give you half arsed statements? Because we can.

;-)