What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris hits out at Eels

strider

Post Whore
eelavation said:
you know what they say about hindsight?..Idealy we'd love to nab a couple of big forwards, we'll just have to see what happens.
well thats just it - we did have the benefit of hindsight (in seeing how JL operates) but we ignored it

The Colonel

Immortal
James_Hardie said:
Then there are comments from others like you two who make statements of fact like "we are talking to people" and you tack ;-) and :-$ on the end of your posts. If you are privy to info, good for you, but if it is info that can't be shared with the world, why come on here and make half arsed statements like "we are are talking to a 5/8", but then not back it up with names? You either no or you don't, but statements of fact like those can never be proven or disproven, so why say it?

Make on opinion, or say "i hope", but if you want to make statements like somone who knows more than most, then be willing to back it up.

It is neither an opinion nor a case of hoping outside of the basis that the people the club are talking are signed to the club. In the past eela and myself have been able to gain information from different sources regarding signings. Most people on this forum are aware of that. The pair of us have also managed to find out that we are talking to a number of players in positions that the club are keen to strengthen. There has been a lack of any names being linked to the Eels club (in any form - rumoured or through the media) which is, as we have managed to find out, by design.

We have tried to pass on what information we do know as people are becoming agitated with the fact the club is letting a number of players go and seemingly not replacing them. As most on here are aware if we did actually know who we are talking to we would pass on that information.

As it stands the ;-) has been a running gag on this forum for quite a while.......

Don't think I have ever used :-$

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
It is neither an opinion nor a case of hoping outside of the basis that the people the club are talking are signed to the club. In the past eela and myself have been able to gain information from different sources regarding signings. Most people on this forum are aware of that. The pair of us have also managed to find out that we are talking to a number of players in positions that the club are keen to strengthen. There has been a lack of any names being linked to the Eels club which is, as we have managed to find out, by design.

We have tried to pass on what information we do know as people are becoming agitated with the fact the club is letting a number of players go and seemingly not replacing them. As most on here are aware if we did actually know who we are talking to we would pass on that information.

As it stands the ;-) has been a running gag on this forum for quite a while.......

Don't think I have ever used :-$

Colonel, you're no fun..

now we need to find someone else we can frustrate in the forum :crazy:

where's JayJayselems? ;-)

the_eel

Juniors
It will all be out in the open soon enough. But i must say, and i'd be more than happy to be proven wrong, that i have my doubts about the value of Scott Hill. On his day sure he is a quality player but i believe (and this is obviously only personal opinion) that unfortunately his days are few and far between and that as we all know he is quite injury prone. As i said i'd be happy to be proven wrong but he wasn't the name i was hoping to hear as our main target for 5/8.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
the_eel said:
It will all be out in the open soon enough. But i must say, and i'd be more than happy to be proven wrong, that i have my doubts about the value of Scott Hill. On his day sure he is a quality player but i believe (and this is obviously only personal opinion) that unfortunately his days are few and far between and that as we all know he is quite injury prone. As i said i'd be happy to be proven wrong but he wasn't the name i was hoping to hear as our main target for 5/8.

IMO Hill is very classy player but drifts in and out of games. He is perfectly suited to a dominant halfback as he can pick and choose when to get involved. Hopefully Smith can become this dominant halfback like he was last year. He will take pressure off Smith more than Morris would as he is a natural halves player. He will probaly be offered a 2 year contract which will allow him to work with our younger players.

He also doesn't appear to ever be trying too hard and seems a calm player which will help Tim. Don't underestimate the influence he has had on Cooper Cronk this year.

the_eel

Juniors
You may be right T-Bone..Hill may have been a very good influence on Cronk this year and he probably could pass that on to Timmy next season. I guess i'm probably a bit disappointed more than anything as i was really hoping that we may have been chasing Hunt as our main option for 5/8. That kid has class written all over him and i'd love to snatch him from Bennett and the Bronc's.

V1er

Juniors
Hill could always move to lock, with morrison going next year that certianly leaves that spot open.

The Colonel

Immortal
I think the logical choice is Hill. Very unlikely that Hunt will leave Brisbane. If he does it will be for a substantial offer I would guess.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
I think the logical choice is Hill. Very unlikely that Hunt will leave Brisbane. If he does it will be for a substantial offer I would guess.

So, why couldn't WE make that substantial offer.
Surely we are going to have a few bucks up our sleeve?

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think under the circumstances Hill, is the right tonic for Tim Smith's development, that's if we get him.

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
So, why couldn't WE make that substantial offer.
Surely we are going to have a few bucks up our sleeve?

Suity

WE could very well do that. I think it just depends on how the dollars up our sleeves are going to be used and with whom.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
WE could very well do that. I think it just depends on how the dollars up our sleeves are going to be used and with whom.

No sh*t, Einstein. :lol:

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
No sh*t, Einstein. :lol:

Suity

:crazy: Well what I meant by that was that signing Hunt may be one signing instead of a possible two or three. Speculating on how much we have under the cap is too hard. He wouldn't come cheap and it would undoubtedly need to be a multi-year deal.

strider

Post Whore
is hunt really worth half a million? he's good, but he's been a bit patchy at times himself

yy_cheng

Coach
Of course it's like that. You need to pay a premium otherwise why would he choose Parra if everyone was offering the same.

jk13

First Grade
Besides hunt, hill is the best 5/8 option on the market and will finally give parra some direction & experience if signed. imagine having a 5/8 that is actually a 5/8.There's rumours that souths r looking to offer hunt $500k but he won't leave the bonkos, hes probably going to market to get some of the dosh freed up by webcke's retirement, maguire leaving, etc. This makes Greens or Mateos signing all the more important. There is no doubt that Hill will get injuried at some time. Also imagine Hill giving Green or Mateo guidance due to his international career. and then if the youngsters develop, hill to lock and everyone is smiles.

Parra Guru

Coach
f**k this. While Morris makes a valid point, it's obvious the team has no goal of even making the top 8, and he shouldn't come out and say this sort of sh*t in the middle of the season.

Some of these players need a swift kick in the arse.

Bring in the PL halves if Morris hates the club so much.

Latest posts