What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris hits out at Eels

CharlieF

Juniors
dazeely said:
Morris, who will replace Gold Coast-bound halfback Scott Prince at the premiers next year, said there could be an exodus from the club because of the way the Eels handle retention and recruitment.

I mentioned this a few weeks back when discussing Lyon. If you play hardball with contract negotiations, they may come back and bite you. It is going to affect your future player recruitment as he is not the only one upset with Parramatta management and word spreads fast. You guys really need a new CEO and a better operations manager.

Stagger eel

Staff member
CharlieF said:
I mentioned this a few weeks back when discussing Lyon. If you play hardball with contract negotiations, they may come back and bite you. It is going to affect your future player recruitment as he is not the only one upset with Parramatta management and word spreads fast. You guys really need a new CEO and a better operations manager.

first of all our CEO doesn't get involved in player negotiations and we don't have an operations manager.

try again..

CharlieF

Juniors
eelavation said:
first of all our CEO doesn't get involved in player negotiations and we don't have an operations manager.

try again..

Maybe you need somebody to look after the players needs a bit more closely. I know that no player is bigger than the club, but Parra seem to go out of their way to make a point of it.

Parra Guru

Coach
I could handle it if he was a massive loss, but he's not. He wasn't really someone they were desperate to keep.

The Colonel

Immortal
CharlieF said:
Maybe you need somebody to look after the players needs a bit more closely. I know that no player is bigger than the club, but Parra seem to go out of their way to make a point of it.

As it was John was wanted by the club for next year and had the option on his contract. The club and coach couldn't guarantee him anything past next season as he may not necessarily been in their plans in 2008. He wanted a bit more security and the Tigers were willing to give it. I think they may have made a mistake in signing him to a three year deal myself given the players they have coming through and the options they may well have.

Stagger eel

Staff member
CharlieF said:

make a point of what?

you follow Manly don't you? I don't know a club that has treated a player in such a despicable manner than Manly did with Ben McDougall remember him????...btw, has Manly paid the players money owed from the disbanded Northern Eagles yet?

don't come to us about how we treat our players.

Kornstar

Coach
What about the way Manly treated their captain last year???? I believe they were leading the comp until they decided they weren't sure whether they wanted him anymore or not......funnily enough their season turned to junk after that happened!!!

Morenito

Juniors
:nwave: This is for Johnny Morris!

In reality if i wasnt a Parra supporter and i was just a normal player who sees it more as whats the best career decision for me? I would proabably be leaving Parra too, so i cant blame him im afraid!

JOB 3:14

Juniors
Hmmm, i wonder how effective Morris will be on the field fir the rest of the year after those comments.

yy_cheng

Coach
You never know. He might become real adventurist and fire balls out to Tahu, Grothe, Hayne and they score many, many tries or he loses fitness, concentration, etc and he'll be dropped.

Stagger eel

Staff member
JOB 3:14 said:
Hmmm, i wonder how effective Morris will be on the field fir the rest of the year after those comments.

tbh, I wouldn't have a drama with him not sticking rock solid and giving his all until the end of the year.

scottyeel

Bench
How about just keeping your mouth shut John and start trying to play some decent footy, then you can say what you want. But in the meantime just STFU.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
True EEL said:
i thought it was a fairly honest assessment - we are casting players aside and freely allowing them to negotiate early

call it change, but also call it a lack of respect from our club

Good post Tru Eel we showed this guy he door and negotiations were non existent i dont blame the guy its and honest assessment of a club in shambles with recruitment.

What would you choose? A 3 year deal at halfback or a mesly 12 months with the eels and a poor pay cheque??

jayjayselmes

Juniors
True EEL said:
i thought it was a fairly honest assessment - we are casting players aside and freely allowing them to negotiate early

call it change, but also call it a lack of respect from our club
Good post Tru Eel we showed this guy he door and negotiations were non existent i dont blame the guy its and honest assessment of a club in shambles with recruitment.

What would you choose? A 3 year deal at halfback or a mesly 12 months with the eels and a poor pay cheque??

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Umm...What exactly did John do wrong?

He's been a great player for us over the years, he WANTED to saty and we spat in his face...I really don't see why he's arrogant for stating ther facts.

Good post elementary i mean jonny is no frills but tops in defence and is disspointing to see him go.

But he has wanted to play halfback for a while if was on fox sports that him nd pj wanted to play halfback. 3 guys want it and only 1 can have it :(

scottyeel

Bench
jayjayselmes said:
Good post elementary i mean jonny is no frills but tops in defence and is disspointing to see him go.

But he has wanted to play halfback for a while if was on fox sports that him nd pj wanted to play halfback. 3 guys want it and only 1 can have it :(
Geez, a no frills halfback, that would be great. Oh well at least he can tackle.:roll:

jayjayselmes

Juniors
why are we sighining over the hill farts like Scott Hill. We get rid of Johnny to sign a bald a$$ joker thats in his middish 30's.

Why dont we sign a few senior citizens from the westmead Senior Cits ward

Gezus

Latest posts