What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris remains a dragon

Dragon_psa

First Grade
what about:
1. the day we signed bennett
2. 28-0 demolition of manly in semi 06
3. 99 qualifier vs scum
4. matty head and coops, anzac day game 05
5. either 03 or 04 when riddell scored the match winner and jumped the fence for post-try celebration
6. 04 when we were down 34-10 vs manly and came back to win 36-34

1. I spent many years hating the man. The day we signed him was a day of real mixed emotions for me personally. In hindsight, of course it ranks easily in the top 3 or 4. Just not as good as today.

2. Making Ben Kennedy's kids cry was thoroughly enjoyable. Still not quite there though.

3. I watch that match at least once a month, but still not quite as enjoyable as BMoz re-signing.

4. ANZAC Day 05 will always hold a special place in my heart. Top 4 again, but still not as good.

5. A classic, but slipped down my list once Piggy left.

6. Ok, that one comes bloody close. Definitely the second best moment of my Saints supporting life. The way Tingha fired the team up in his last ever game at KoJo will be fondly remembered by Dragons faithfull for years to come.

The only thing that will top how I'm feeling now will be when we lift that trophy.

Kiki

First Grade
That has a lot of merit Kiki.

Both Cooper & J Morris come off contract at the end of 2011.

4. Morris
5. Morris

:cool:

yup! it would be perfect. imagine the combination they could create playing next to each other. ooooooh it would be amazing.

i reckon Joshie wants to come home eventually. and we all know Slippery wants his boys together in the red v.

btw i agree with everyone else, we dont need another centre immediately. Beau is absolutely killing it and Coops has a another few good years left in him.

lets just wait till Josh returns!

SuperSuper

Juniors
i cannot stop smiling and drinking, rang up all the relos(they are doggy suporters)and gave them sh*t, woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
First thing I did my mate who thought he had the old "exclusive" (he is a Dogs fan) and told him I was right all along and then asked what is he going to tell the NRL this time

Good work Bmoz! Good to see the boys signing on and staying loyal!

Jasdragon

Juniors
hey Japan managed to get submarines into Sydney harbour and launched a bombing raid on Darwin, they got pretty close to invading us. as if the Sharks could ever launch that sort of organised attack! :lol:

They had as much chance of pulling of an invasion as the Sharks do of winning a premiership! :lol:

Last edited:

LazyDreamer

Bench
Sensational news!

With the leaps & bounds the mighty Dragons have made this year, both as a team and as individual players (what odds last year that Weyman would be an Origin player???), and with all the re-signings so far this year (with Poore's signature apparently a done deal)...I can't help but wonder how many of these players we would have lost without the drawing power of Wayne Bennett.

Reckon Wayne was the single-most important signing for the club in living memory. Players would rather play under him rather than chase bigger dollars under a lessor coach.

Godz Illa

Coach
Nice article...

514563.jpg

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...why-im-sticking-with-the-dragons/1528970.aspx

Brett Morris: 'Why I'm sticking with the Dragons'

The Wayne Bennett factor and the chance to play with a team he believes is capable of winning multiple premierships were the deciding factors in Brett Morris' decision to re-sign with the Dragons for the next three seasons.

The 22-year-old speedster resisted the lure of joining twin brother Josh at the Bulldogs for the opportunity to play in the same jersey as his father - Dally M winner Steve "Slippery" Morris - until the end of 2012.
With big-money offers from the Bulldogs and Sharks on the table, Morris chose to stay loyal, saying the club had the chance to start another Dragons dynasty.

"There were offers from other clubs and some of them were quite large, but I'm not about the money - I want to win a premiership," Morris said.

"It took a fair while to decide - it wasn't just something that came overnight - but I'm really happy with my decision and I'm looking forward to staying here."

The Dragons have re-signed Ben Creagh, Dean Young and Beau Scott in the past two weeks - all of which helped Morris make up his mind to stay where he is.

"We're putting together a really good squad that's going to be together for the next couple of years - I see that squad doing something special and I want to be part of it," he said.

Morris leads the NRL with 10 tries with a team that is premiership favourite and top of the table after round 12 - but he says the best is yet to come.

"The group we've put together here, we really think that over the next three years we can do something special.

"I don't think I've had that feeling since I've been at the club.

"The future's bright for us over the next couple of years and everyone's looking forward to it."

Morris said his coach's incomparable record - Bennett won six titles in 21 seasons at the Broncos - had a huge influence on his decision to stay, one made difficult by the attractive offer put forward by the Bulldogs.

With Josh joining the Bulldogs this season, Brett admits he was keen to renew their partnership and thought long and hard about signing with the Sydney club.

"It was very tempting, I'm not going to lie. Josh is my brother and my best mate. At the start of the year, playing without him, I felt like there was a bit of a hole.

"But as time has gone on, I've gotten used to it. That was a positive in going there, but there are so many more positives in staying here," he said.

The signing of Morris leaves front-rower Justin Poore and Wendell Sailor as the last of the high-profile free agents yet to agree to terms for next season.

Poore is rumoured to be close to inking a new deal with St George Illawarra after it seemed certain he would go to the Sharks or Eels.

His management says a decision on his future won't be made until after Origin I.

Morris said he hoped Poore, who will make his Origin debut tomorrow night, will stay with the Dragons.

"Poorey's been great for us over the last couple of years and he would be a big loss if he left.
"Hopefully Justin does the right thing and stays, but it's his call. Whatever he does, I'm sure the guys will back him 100 per cent."

ouwet

Bench
without a premiership ring for the next 3 years..

St George supporters never learn... I've been copping messages for weeks now from my St George fans of abuse about the Dogs (All in good fun) and how St George are the best/going to win the premiership etc. :lol:

30 years and SFA, you guys just don't learn... Stop being cocky UNTIL you win it. 85,92,93,96,99 COCKY and you choked!

St George supporters never learn... I've been copping messages for weeks now from my St George fans of abuse about the Dogs (All in good fun) and how St George are the best/going to win the premiership etc. :lol:

30 years and SFA, you guys just don't learn... Stop being cocky UNTIL you win it. 85,92,93,96,99 COCKY and you choked!

thanks widget, I have filed that one under unwanted opinions from wankers who I could not give two sh*ts about. f**k off back to the kennel troll.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I wouldnt class josh as a traitor. Far from it.

I think thats a rough call slippery

Yeah I was a bit harsh. Sorry about that. I just hate the dogs with a passion and was shattered when he moved there. That was harder to take than Tallis moving to Bronco's believe it or not.

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
what about:
1. the day we signed bennett
2. 28-0 demolition of manly in semi 06
3. 99 qualifier vs scum
4. matty head and coops, anzac day game 05
5. either 03 or 04 when riddell scored the match winner and jumped the fence for post-try celebration
6. 04 when we were down 34-10 vs manly and came back to win 36-34

The day we signed Bennett i was happy we would finally have a decent coach, and he has turned out to be a pretty good one to say the least. Signing Darius was good.

What about the game last year where Dell got a hatrick, starting it off with an intercept, that was probably the best win of 2008. Flogging the scum and the roosters, comfortable wins over the panthers last week, the list goes on. Pulling off a win against the warriors by a point.

you mean Has Been Elmasri:lol:

Yeah that's it
Party at mine to celebrate!!!!!

I'm in

Gee this is a hot topic, im off for a day and i am behind about 5 pages :lol:

Latest posts