What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mortal Kombat refused classification

Parra Pride

Coach
I just had a brain fart.....

What if Warner Bros. were to create a full length feature film using the games graphics engine and storyline? It would show that a video game in movie format would be legal compared to a banned refused classification game. A promotional stunt like this would be sure to turn some heads in parliament.

I remember when I bought Shenmue II for Xbox, it game with a full length feature film of the Shenmue I game. It was a full walkthrough of the game which covered all the cutscenes. I thought this was excellent. Saved me buying a Dreamcast to play the first episode. So there is a precedent where games have been produced as full length movies...

If that were to happen, and the subsequent film were allowed release in Australia it would surely mean the game itself would have to be released as well to avoid a double standard, though I highly doubt Warner Bros. would go to the trouble for the only country who misses out on this game.

adamkungl

Immortal
Wouldn't be a double standard because loonies like the Christian Lobby perpetuate a myth that video games have more of an effect on children's minds due to their interactive nature.

Parra Pride

Coach
Wouldn't be a double standard because loonies like the Christian Lobby perpetuate a myth that video games have more of an effect on child's minds due to their interactive nature.

Thats got to be the worst thing about this whole situation, we are being told we cannot have this game because people who have never even played it think it will have an effect on a children's mind, and their opinion is taken more seriously than that of people who would actually play the game, and could actually make a valid judgement that "Hey there is nothing wrong with this game, it is not meant for children so it should have no effect on them anyway." :crazy:

Blazikenblade

Juniors
Its disappointing just the fact there is no classification for R games. Place a big R on games & ID for purchases & let us adults have fun.

boxhead

First Grade
I can't believe they won't even let adults import the game in, that's just taking it to another level of stupidity.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
It's still pretty easy to get this game imported. Friend of mine received several copies a few days ago, his expecting another 30 by end of next week.

jargan83

Coach
Friend of mine checked via parcel tacking and his copy has cleared customs and is expected to be delivered on Wedensday

Does anybody have MK and can you play online and get DLC in Australia since it's banned? I noticed in the Xbox avatar marketplace the MK catalogue is empty which probably means no.

DeBroncos

Juniors
Does anybody have MK and can you play online and get DLC in Australia since it's banned? I noticed in the Xbox avatar marketplace the MK catalogue is empty which probably means no.

I dont have mine yet but Friend got it from NZ and he telling me he can play Online but it lags hard and most the games DC be4 he even picks his fighter. will have to wait and see with the DLC.

Last edited:

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I finished the story mode, it's pretty awesome.

I still cannot believe they banned this game, besides te fatalities it isn't too extreme. This is a pretty good game, short story mode but overall worth the gametime.

I finished the story mode, it's pretty awesome.

I still cannot believe they banned this game, besides te fatalities it isn't too extreme. This is a pretty good game, short story mode but overall worth the gametime.

how is it online? how is the character balance say opposed to SSF4?

I got my tournament stick itching to play

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Can't play online, ps3 is offline.

Characters are very balanced, I found using every character to be easy and did not require much time to learn. Having said that, the charracters vary quite a bit.

I cannot use smoke the same way as say Johnny cage.

The story in this game begins from the very first mortal kombat. It is very interesting in thy it isn't a regular 2d fighter.

The voices for the most part seem to be quite good.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I found kitana to be the most basic and easy to use charracter, very quick and just flowed with combinations. Meanwhile someone like jax was a nightmare as was striker. I was playing on the hard setting which saw the computer whip me for ages lol.

Obviously the subzero and scorpion characters are quite fun, for me scorpion is almost cheating... So many moves.

Also cyrax and the other cyborg guy.. Forget his name, they were quite annoying to fight although boring to use!

I enjoyed using kabal!

Overall most characters were fun and seem to have a particular weakness.

As an example, sub zero has incredibly slow kicks and hand combinations, yet so many power moves such as the ice freeze. Lui kang, fast movement, not much power.

Will I be able to activate it with my Australian account or do I have to do the whole creating a UK account to activate? I know that's how I'll have to get the DLC but just simple online activation I should still be able to use the regular account, right?