What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morts is being rested.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Really?

Maybe Kearney has had a gutful of kicks down the fullbacks throat, or shit passes, or not knowing what to do when in the clear.
It could be anything mate. He could also rate Robson higher than the wine barron.

As I said.................. Kearney is at least having a go. Unlike some of his predecessors.

Suity

Because Robson's been just as bad and almost certainly won't be here next year.

Ratchy

Juniors
Should be interesting to see what SK's response will be in the press conference when he is asked my Mortimer was 'rested'

rewn

Juniors
SK already said in pre-game he was dropped cuz he was run at the last two weeks and it exhausted him, hes only 21 !

bartman

Immortal
"Rested"... :lol:

If nothing else, we just know that Kearney is preparing for next season.

Suity
Thank Christ SK has seen the light re Mortimer, and is trying something different at this crucial stage of our season.

bartman

Immortal
Hmm, why Walker over Morgan !? Toughness ?
Perhaps experience, ability to read the plays in defence?

Interesting Micthell gets a go - our starting 6, 7, and 9 tonight are all not contracted yet for 2012.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hopefully Morts can have a rest every week, good to see Robbo has stepped up big time tonight.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Because Robson's been just as bad and almost certainly won't be here next year.

Robson is playing a blinder, currently he is heading for the MOM.
With this new combo, Caysey 6, Robson 7, maybe Mortimer is back to Wenty permanently for the rest of this year or brought back as 14 with MK starting who is also playing great tonight.
Shack is an awful 8. Get him off.

Suitman

Post Whore
My question was already answered by hineyrulz. But I guess you overlooked that post same as I overlooked the earlier one.

I've been as patient with you as I can.

f**k off merkin.

And I'm saying that when we are winning at half time and I'm happy.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
I agree, but $250K pa is a lot of money to rest someone every week...

Perhaps someone at the club could offer Morts a Monday-Friday job (in the Marketing department of course), which would enable us to drop him to a Wenty-level contract (where he can keep up his hobby of playing some footy on the weekends)?

True EEL

Bench
will be tough for Morts to crack the squad again next weekend, tough for him all-round, i genuinely feel for him as an Eel...especially when Robson was gone really before tonight

Eels Dude

Coach
will be tough for Morts to crack the squad again next weekend, tough for him all-round, i genuinely feel for him as an Eel...especially when Robson was gone really before tonight

I don't feel for guys earning 200k+ at the age of 22. If he cannot perform, then he deserves to be "rested" or playing lower grade footy.

True EEL

Bench
I don't feel for guys earning 200k+ at the age of 22. If he cannot perform, then he deserves to be "rested" or playing lower grade footy.

he was dropped, no doubt, but the kid - which he still is - is only just behind Jarryd for the amount of scrutiny he is under at our club, its a tough ask and i feel for him and wish him well

Eels Dude

Coach
he was dropped, no doubt, but the kid - which he still is - is only just behind Jarryd for the amount of scrutiny he is under at our club, its a tough ask and i feel for him and wish him well

Only from fans on this forum though. He certainly doesn't come under the same scrutiny compared to Hayne on the media side of things. Just feel good articles and such.

Latest posts